Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck

It will have to come out as rated "R" because of all the slaps upside the head and eye pokes the Stooges did that would now be viewed as "too violent" for young viewers.

It will have to come out as rated "R" because of all the slaps upside the head and eye pokes the Stooges did that would now be viewed as "too violent" for young viewers.

No, they'll throw in 3 F-bombs, some scatological terms and few religious profanities and slap it with a PG-13 rating.

To the OP, this sucks and it will bomb like most everything else they 'remake'.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I think it's a great idea, but why choose actors to play the 3 stooges? Why not select 3 people from our current crop of politicians?

Good idea. It ought to be easy to pick three stooges from such a stooges rich line up of them.

Far as a remake goes though, bad idea. The Three Stooges were funny, and hollyweird ought to leave them that way instead of turning them into a bunch of filthy mouthed, not funny morons.

Last edited:

I think it's a great idea, but why choose actors to play the 3 stooges? Why not select 3 people from our current crop of politicians?

Good idea. It ought to be easy to pick three stooges from such a stooges rich line up of them.

Far as a remake goes though, bad idea. The Three Stooges were funny, and hollyweird ought to leave them that way instead of turning them into a bunch of filthy mouthed, not funny morons.

They're gonna turn them into USMB posters???? :eek:

Just poke my eyes out and slap me in the face

Even though there were several variations of the Stooges, you need Moe and Larry. Their humor will not carry well with this generation

I'd love to see a Stooges movie.

iggy_pop_raw_power.jpg

Good idea as I suspect it will bring them some money as all the old stooges fans flock to the theater to see what they have done.

That being said, I don't foresee the dvd making it to my Netflix Queue ever. This is simply not my cup of tea. In fact, I'd watch a remake of "Leave It to Beaver" {yawn} before I would watch a stooges movie.

Immie

I met Moe shortly before he died. Really nice man and he didn't poke my eyes once

Really short though

I never liked the Three Stooges. Never. Can't stand the Three Stooges. Really. If that was the only thing on the tube, I would turn the tube off rather than watch that mind-numbing stuff. The commercials would be welcome during the airing.
I hated them as a kid. They scared me. I thought they were really hitting each
other. Now I get the zany-ness and love them. I don't know if that means I've grown up or regressed.

I love 'em cuz they remind me of my Dad, who died a very long time ago. Just seeing them takes me back to more innocent and happy days. And in my head, I hear Dad just cracking up. Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

It seems we are approaching a point in history where the creation of movies and music are just recycled and remixed oldies. Imagination and creativity have almost disappeared. But is this just because the majority of Americans are older and the creators are playing to the aging crowd or are we really entering an era where creativity is dead. If creativity is really dying it indicates that we as a race are dying too.

So many of the younger generation think they're just a bit smarter, and will try and show the old folks how it can be done bigger and better.

ACKKK!
You know what this means, dont you?
We turned into our parents!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwirWWnzJKM]YouTube - Stooges Pie Fight[/ame]

Forum List

Back