NYT: Youngest voters shed image as Obama's army

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Youngest voters shed image as Obama's army

In the four years since President Obama swept into office in large part with the support of a vast army of young people, a new corps of men and women have come of voting age with views shaped largely by the recession. And unlike their counterparts in the millennial generation who showed high levels of enthusiasm for Mr. Obama at this point in 2008, the nation’s first-time voters are less enthusiastic about him, are significantly more likely to identify as conservative and cite a growing lack of faith in government in general, according to interviews, experts and recent polls.

NYT: Youngest voters shed image as Obama's army - politics - The New York Times - msnbc.com

So we have a thread, I've no idea how many pages about a 13 year old who switched from a con to call himself a un-con ( for the lack of a better word) as he does not wish to identify as a liberal. I think I would be more concerned about thousands of youth identifying as conservative's this election cycle, rather than one kid. Just my two cents though.

CaféAuLait;5561795 said:
Youngest voters shed image as Obama's army

In the four years since President Obama swept into office in large part with the support of a vast army of young people, a new corps of men and women have come of voting age with views shaped largely by the recession. And unlike their counterparts in the millennial generation who showed high levels of enthusiasm for Mr. Obama at this point in 2008, the nation’s first-time voters are less enthusiastic about him, are significantly more likely to identify as conservative and cite a growing lack of faith in government in general, according to interviews, experts and recent polls.

NYT: Youngest voters shed image as Obama's army - politics - The New York Times - msnbc.com

So we have a thread, I've no idea how many pages about a 13 year old who switched from a con to call himself a un-con ( for the lack of a better word) as he does not wish to identify as a liberal. I think I would be more concerned about thousands of youth identifying as conservative's this election cycle, rather than one kid. Just my two cents though.

Sounds like the youth want jobs and a healthy economy. Obama's record speaks otherwise. The response from the President and his handlers is nothing but excuses, blaim, and a sense of entitlement for 4 more years. Anemic ticks in unemployment and/or home sales are not going to sell. Americans want prosperity.

The college crowd from 2008 are now young adults trying to get decent jobs.... how's that working out for them?

Obama indeed... :lol:

Forum List

Back