NYT manipulating news????

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
the nyt endorsed McCain as the man prior to the NH primary(we all should have smelled a rat right then i know i did). now that it seems McCain is the inevitable rep. guy an article comes out today stating that some of his former staff might have thought there could be an appearance of impropriety with some lobbyist in the past. now mind you these guys were fired by McCain way back when.

lo and behold the NYT had this story BEFORE the NH primary but they wait to throw McCain under the bus AFTER he seems to be the inevitable rep. nominee.

one has to wonder if the NYT ,an obvious liberal rag , had run this story when they could have before NH if Romney might have had a better showing.

is the media timing the release of news so as to manipulate public opinion in the presidential elections??????

if it walks like a duck........

one has to wonder if the NYT ,an obvious liberal rag , had run this story when they could have before NH if Romney might have had a better showing.

Damn, as long as all the obviours conservative Rags don't do the same to Obama or Clinton. Not like they ever would.:rolleyes:

Let's see how this plays out. I find it hard to believe that they are so dumb they would run something like this without some solid proof.

If they did, then they are as dumb as Fox.:cuckoo:

Did you read the whole article or just the edits?:eusa_think:

oh i read the article did you?

and name me a conservative rag that calls itself the paper of record.

the nyt endorsed McCain as the man prior to the NH primary(we all should have smelled a rat right then i know i did). now that it seems McCain is the inevitable rep. guy an article comes out today stating that some of his former staff might have thought there could be an appearance of impropriety with some lobbyist in the past. now mind you these guys were fired by McCain way back when.

lo and behold the NYT had this story BEFORE the NH primary but they wait to throw McCain under the bus AFTER he seems to be the inevitable rep. nominee.

is the media timing the release of news so as to manipulate public opinion in the presidential elections??????

well no kidding....

You aren't really surprised, are you?

Hell, I hope McCain got a BJ from a fat intern. I'll still vote for him. After all, it was "only a bj" ....

The media is the most failed organization in our country. Report the news dont make it is what it was founded on but that doesnt seem to matter. People who actually still listen to the news and believe it are crazy:cuckoo: !!!!

You aren't really surprised, are you?

Hell, I hope McCain got a BJ from a fat intern. I'll still vote for him. After all, it was "only a bj" ....

I think we should put him under oath and ask him. ;)

Personally, I don't care who our leaders screw as long as it isn't us. But you have to kind of ask yourself how mr. campaign finance reform got huggy kissy with a lobbyist.

just sayin'....

The real issue is not a BJ or huggy kissy, that's his business and his wife's. It's wether the relationship caused him any conflict of interest in how he used his office to help Paxton and her employers.:rolleyes:

He got off very easy on the Keating Five scandal. If he has nothing to hide here, it shouldn't get any traction.

I just don't trust him anymore. He is too desperate to be president and will say or do anything to get there. If he were to win, I will bet then he tells the conservatives who back him to piss off.

INDIANAPOLIS - Sen. John McCain said Friday that while lobbyists serve as close advisers to his presidential campaign, they are honorable and he is not influenced by corruption in the system.

There are no honorable lobbyists. It is their job to influence politicians to favor their companies.

His belief that he is not influenced by corruption in the system is saying he is either far above the moral grounds of all other politicians; he is extremely vain in his self-opinion; or just very dumb/naive.

Siding with McCain, the White House accused the Times of repeatedly trying to "drop a bombshell" on Republican presidential nominees to undermine their candidacies.

Oh, My Gosh, what could we call this tactic? Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,, How about Swift Boating?:rolleyes:
http://news.yahoo.com/i/703

There are no honorable lobbyists. It is their job to influence politicians to favor their companies.

His belief that he is not influenced by corruption in the system is saying he is either far above the moral grounds of all other politicians; he is extremely vain in his self-opinion; or just very dumb/naive.

Oh, My Gosh, what could we call this tactic? Hmmmmmmmmmmm,,, How about Swift Boating?:rolleyes:
http://news.yahoo.com/i/703

*yawn* :rolleyes:

It's only Swift Boating if it's not true like the lies about Kerry.

If you read what I have written so far, I have not said that I either accept or deny the allegations yet.

When it's all sorted out, then we may know what actually happened.

The McCain campaign said Thursday that the senator had not met with Paxson or Iseman on the matter. "No representative of Paxson or Alcalde and Fay personally asked Senator McCain to send a letter to the FCC regarding this proceeding," the campaign said in a statement.

But Paxson said yesterday, "I remember going there to meet with him." He recalled that he told McCain: "You're head of the Commerce Committee. The FCC is not doing its job. I would love for you to write a letter."

McCain attorney Robert S. Bennett played down the contradiction between the campaign's written answer and Paxson's recollection.

"We understood that he [McCain] did not speak directly with him [Paxson]. Now it appears he did speak to him. What is the difference?" Bennett said. "McCain has never denied that Paxson asked for assistance from his office. It doesn't seem relevant whether the request got to him through Paxson or the staff. His letters to the FCC concerning the matter urged the commission to make up its mind. He did not ask the FCC to approve or deny the application. It's not that big a deal."

The Paxson deal, coming as McCain made his first run for the presidency, has posed a persistent problem for the senator. The deal raised embarrassing questions about his dealings with lobbyists at a time when he had assumed the role of an ethics champion and opponent of the influence of lobbyists.

The two letters he wrote to the FCC in 1999 while he was chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee produced a rash of criticism and a written rebuke from the then-FCC chairman, who called McCain's intervention "highly unusual." McCain had repeatedly used Paxson's corporate jet for his campaign and accepted campaign contributions from the broadcaster and his law firm.

McCain himself in a deposition in 2002 acknowledged talking to Paxson about the Pittsburgh sale. Asked what Paxson said in the conversation, McCain said that Paxson "had applied to purchase this station and that he wanted to purchase it. And that there had been a numerous year delay with the FCC reaching a decision. And he wanted their approval very bad for purposes of his business."

The jury is still out. That's a hell of lot more than the Swift Boaters would have said.:eusa_think:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/02/22/ST2008022203188.html

I was shocked at the title. One might almost infer that the NY Times wasn't bias free.

Bias is in the eye of the beholder. Fox news, to be, seems to have a right wing bias but continues to suggest that it is fair and balanced.

right wing bias as compared to what CNN or MSNBC???? anything right of them would seem to be ultraconservative in comparison

http://www.mediaresearch.org/

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

http://rhetorica.net/bias.htm

as you can see in the last essay, there is bias on both sides

i see a liberal bent because i am conservative in my thinking and I see it more in network news because i don't see my conservative ideas represented.

IMO you see a right bias because you are a liberal, funny how you libs always say Fox is biased and no other networks while a conservative sees more left bias from many other networks

btw i am no fan of Fox or any other network and i find that i have to work harder and harder to find any truthful news. oftentimes the only real information that is useful and therefore truthful must be pieced together from multiple sources. it really is getting to be a shame that one just can't trust the news outlets at all

please tell me who exactly is the conservative mainstream media??

is it the new york times?
is it the washington post?
is it msnbc?
is itcnn?
is it the boston globe?
is it abc, nbc or cbs?

right wing bias as compared to what CNN or MSNBC???? anything right of them would seem to be ultraconservative in comparison

http://www.mediaresearch.org/

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

http://rhetorica.net/bias.htm

as you can see in the last essay, there is bias on both sides

i see a liberal bent because i am conservative in my thinking and I see it more in network news because i don't see my conservative ideas represented.

IMO you see a right bias because you are a liberal, funny how you libs always say Fox is biased and no other networks while a conservative sees more left bias from many other networks

btw i am no fan of Fox or any other network and i find that i have to work harder and harder to find any truthful news. oftentimes the only real information that is useful and therefore truthful must be pieced together from multiple sources. it really is getting to be a shame that one just can't trust the news outlets at all

I bet you can't find a liberal on this message board that thinks Fox is the only biased news network. You have demonized liberals to the point that you actually think they are less intelligent than conservatives.

I bet you can't find a liberal on this message board that thinks Fox is the only biased news network. You have demonized liberals to the point that you actually think they are less intelligent than conservatives.

where exactly have i demonized liberals????

i just see most if not all media bias comments by libs pointing at Fox not CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBCor CBS for being right biased.

i don't think liberals are less intelligent although they (you) are obviously more defensive

Forum List

Back