NYT Lies Again; Our Drought is NOT Unprecedented

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
20120723_drought.png

There have been plenty of preceding periods of drought, just look at 1934!

Edit: I was mistaken about what the NYT actually said. Though their article was somewhat hysterical, IMO, emphasizing the extreme of the most recent weather with a Global Warming imlication, they never used the word 'unprecedented'.

My bad.

Last edited:
Well lied or not, I'm still not lookin forward to payin the increased costs that come with any knid of prolonged drought.

Me neither, but the drought will only be one factor of many like the use of so much corn as a fuel additive and bad monsoons in India. And of course futures speculators will probably boost it up beyond even that.

20120723_drought.png

Have you got a link to the actual New York Times article?

Nope, sorry but I had it at work and cant google it now.

Curious, I just ran a very superficial search and didn't even pick up any secondary links about such an article except this one on the US message board. I'll try again later this evening.

EDIT- I think I may have found the article, at least it carries part of the graphic you posted,...I don't, however, see anything in or linked to this article which claims "unprecedented," do you have any reference to the claim of unprecedented?

Last edited:
Have you got a link to the actual New York Times article?

Curious, I just ran a very superficial search and didn't even pick up any secondary links about such an article except this one on the US message board. I'll try again later this evening.

EDIT- I think I may have found the article, at least it carries part of the graphic you posted,...I don't, however, see anything in or linked to this article which claims "unprecedented," do you have any reference to the claim of unprecedented?

Sorry, forgot to post the actual link - Drought?s Footprint - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Sorry, forgot to post the actual link - Drought?s Footprint - Graphic - NYTimes.com

Yep, that is the article, thanks for finding it.

Seems I made a mistake, having read the article at work and then typed up the summary when I got home (not supposed to post at work).

While the article struck me as a bit hysterical, it was the comments I read on a message board that got me into the 'unprecedented' perspective on it, but that is unjustified and mistaken.

Thank you for helping me to be more acurate on my quotation.

Yep, that is the article, thanks for finding it.

Seems I made a mistake, having read the article at work and then typed up the summary when I got home (not supposed to post at work).

While the article struck me as a bit hysterical, it was the comments I read on a message board that got me into the 'unprecedented' perspective on it, but that is unjustified and mistaken.

Thank you for helping me to be more acurate on my quotation.

People often get a bit carried away with issues that they are focussed on, no harm, no foul, at least as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/07-2/20120723_drought.png/IMG]

Edit: I was mistaken about what the NYT actually said. Though their article was somewhat hysterical, IMO, emphasizing the extreme of the most recent weather with a Global Warming imlication, they never used the word 'unprecedented'.

My bad.[/quote]

sounds crazy

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2012/07-2/20120723_drought.png/IMG]

My bad.[/quote]

sounds crazy[/QUOTE]

I read some article that spoke of some Climate Change phenomena as unprecedented when it plainly was not, and in the course of the day I got to thinking it was the NYT story.

Normally I double check the links I put upt to make sure I have the right link, but missed this one.

Forum List

Back