NYT convenient double standard

The Grey Lady long ago lost her journalistic integrity. I do not read it as I prefer more thorough sources so that I can think for myself.

Anyway, I'm not surprised at all, but thanks for posting it.

Funny thing is, I'm pretty much on the fence when it comes to MMGW.

Do I believe the hype and the "ZOMG!!11!1! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"? No. I think man's supposed impact on the long term climate of the earth is waaaay overinflated. The key word there being overinflated. Which means at the same time I know that it's simply can't be a good idea to spew a bunch of shit into the atmosphere and expect no impact whatsoever.

So when you boil it down, I'm for environmental policies and reducing our negative environmental footprint. As long as it does not have a detrimental effect on the economy. You gotta balance it and say "how harmful is this course of action going to be"?

Do I believe the hype and the "ZOMG!!11!1! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"? No. I think man's supposed impact on the long term climate of the earth is waaaay overinflated. The key word there being overinflated. Which means at the same time I know that it's simply can't be a good idea to spew a bunch of shit into the atmosphere and expect no impact whatsoever.

So when you boil it down, I'm for environmental policies and reducing our negative environmental footprint. As long as it does not have a detrimental effect on the economy. You gotta balance it and say "how harmful is this course of action going to be"?

And it might be prudent as well not to blur the lines between Pollution and actual manipulation of enviroment where the Earth reacts in a negative way.

YES we pollute, and pollution can kill carbon based life forms, and alter the landscape and the habitat FOR life forms... But One has to remember the resiliency of the Earth itself...provided external forces to the Earth (Meteors/Comets/The Sun), remain constant. (All of which we really at this time can't do a damned thing about )...

Just a thought...

Trying to reduce pollution is in everyones best interest. We all want clean air and water.. But extortion through lies and deception is not the way. This scandal will hurt the environazi cause more than if they had actually told the truth. Their agenda now seems to be more about.money power and global governing than it does with saving the planet.

Trying to reduce pollution is in everyones best interest. We all want clean air and water.. But extortion through lies and deception is not the way. This scandal will hurt the environazi cause more than if they had actually told the truth. Their agenda now seems to be more about.money power and global governing than it does with saving the planet.

Down to brass tacks. I like that...

I'm on the fence, too. I WOULD have liked honesty in the presentation of the science so that I could make a rational choice as to my position, but I didn't readily get that. They obviously saw a need for propaganda to sell this rather than honest science.

Fail.

Excellent find radioman. I think its time for the NYT to stop posing as a real newspaper.

And, in a related story:

"The [Wall Street] Journal’s circulation, just over two million, rose 0.6 percent. It is one of a very few papers to sell online subscriptions, which are counted in the circulation total, helping The Journal, which does not publish on Sundays, defy the industry-wide decline. It has more than 400,000 digital-only subscribers, up by more than 100,000 from five years ago.

At The New York Times, which has repeatedly raised its prices in recent years, weekday circulation fell 7.3 percent, to about 928,000, the first time since the 1980s that it has been under one million."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/business/media/27audit.html

Agreed - and the western world has made incredible gains in pollution controls - and further improvements will continue.

CO2 being classified as some great boogyman pollutant has always been a terrible exaggeration by the global warmers - who were previously, global coolers - and previous still, again global warmers.

The modern era global warming religion has always been first about control and profit - NOT about actual science. The recent email scandal has only confirmed what a growing number long suspected.

The tide has now fully turned against this outrage against real science, and we will all be the better for it...

Agreed - and the western world has made incredible gains in pollution controls - and further improvements will continue.

CO2 being classified as some great boogyman pollutant has always been a terrible exaggeration by the global warmers - who were previously, global coolers - and previous still, again global warmers.

The modern era global warming religion has always been first about control and profit - NOT about actual science. The recent email scandal has only confirmed what a growing number long suspected.

The tide has now fully turned against this outrage against real science, and we will all be the better for it...

In fact, the United States has made great strides in cleaning up it's own messes...Can one say the same of The Former Soviet? China? India? Other places?

But yet many leftists on this very board will tell YOU, and I, that WE are the villans...You really have to scratch yer head on this one don't you?:eusa_eh:

Will China? The Former Soviet, India, and other developing countries be so willing to clean up their acts as we have already demonstrated in actually doing with our technology?

Highly unlikely. They'll snub their noses at the IPCC, as they do the UN in perpetuity.

As usual the FOCUS seems to be the USA, and how BEST, to bring it down with crap others aren't so willing to follow...

America Haters' unite...

Last edited:

In fact, the United States has made great strides in cleaning up it's own messes...Can one say the same of The Former Soviet? China? India? Other places?

But yet many leftists on this very board will tell YOU, and I, that WE are the villans...You really have to scratch yer head on this one don't you?:eusa_eh:

When generations have had so easy for so long, pride in the very country providing you that security becomes passe' for the weakest.

American liberals are among the weakest of us.

They are damn sneaky though...

When generations have had so easy for so long, pride in the very country providing you that security becomes passe' for the weakest.

American liberals are among the weakest of us.

They are damn sneaky though...

Dishonest BY being sneaky...But then Most people will do that when they hate where they are...especially one that GIVES them the Liberty to do so.

I INVITE them to move where it isn't so much in vogue.

I caution the Liberals to be careful for what they wish for however...

BREAKING NEWS:

The New York Times is a liberal news outlet

In other breaking news...WATER IS WET

Who is surprised here...95% of the Media in this country is slanted all the way to the left...they can't have anything go against the left because that is who they have put their stake in so they need to protect their investment

Forum List

Back