NY's Palodino: Let's create welfare prisons!

Ah... you're polishing off that old chestnut of a myth

Myth? You've seen the income distribution gap charts, right. That is REAL. Do you really think that is good for the future of this country? Isn't that one of the major red flags that a country is on the precipice of sliding into third world status?

What people earn as negotiated with their employer (or as the business owner) for compensation for their decisions, labors, inventions, efforts, etc is not governmental wealth redistribution.. I don't care if you negotiate 10MIL for your next job or 10K... you earning the higher figure is not wealth redistribution from the poor to the rich, and it certainly is not redistribution at the hands of the government... you see, the concept of a free society allows you to negotiate what you can get and decide what to do with it... if you do, you do, and if you don't you don't... because someone else has an idea for a company or product that leads to them making 10BIL a year, does not mean that you are entitled to it... but you are indeed free to come up with whatever you can in your attempt to earn as much as you can possibly get

You are jumping all over the place here in an attempt to get me to agree that there is wealth redistribution at the hands of government, from the poor to the rich.... and that's not going to happen...

And again.. please cite the legislation or program that uses the government as a facilitator to take monies from 'the poor' to redistribute those monies to the rich

Credit card legislation, Insurance company legislation, deregulation, big pharma, big agra of energy and utilities, THESE TAX BREAKS, the war in Iraq. Shall I go on? It is mainly the government manipulated by private special interests that has it's had blood red in the cookie jar of wealth redistribution. Why else WOULD rich investors get a tax rate of only 15% which they can then hide offshore, but I have to pay 40% with no deductions since I am paid a wage? Why is 100% of my income taxed for SS, but someone making $400,000 only has a portion of theirs taxed? Why has CEO pay gone up 400% in 30 years? Why can't I join a public health insurance co-op - it would be a lot cheaper for me? Why didn't I get a 6.2% tax break - my cost of living has gone up much more than my salary and I don't have a million dollar cushion? Are you really going to tell me that everything in this country is not geared toward coddling the wealthy? You can't be that blind.

And nice try to make it seem that calling for personal responsibility equates to wanting the US to be a 'third world country'... not gonna fly though

That is EXACTLY what we would have here if you had your druthers. Why can't you see that?

So if we don't use a corrupt government entitlement system to give freebies to some at the expense of others, we'll be third world....?? I guess you don't think much of poor people or think they can do anything for themselves...

Being personally responsible for your own wants and needs, and having voluntary charities help instead of a red-tape laden and inefficient government entitlement system, will lead us to being 3rd world??
cuckoo.gif

And again.. please cite the legislation or program that uses the government as a facilitator to take monies from 'the poor' to redistribute those monies to the rich

Credit card legislation, Insurance company legislation, deregulation, big pharma, big agra of energy and utilities, THESE TAX BREAKS, the war in Iraq. Shall I go on? It is mainly the government manipulated by private special interests that has it's had blood red in the cookie jar of wealth redistribution. Why else WOULD rich investors get a tax rate of only 15% which they can then hide offshore, but I have to pay 40% with no deductions since I am paid a wage? Why is 100% of my income taxed for SS, but someone making $400,000 only has a portion of theirs taxed? Why has CEO pay gone up 400% in 30 years? Why can't I join a public health insurance co-op - it would be a lot cheaper for me? Why didn't I get a 6.2% tax break - my cost of living has gone up much more than my salary and I don't have a million dollar cushion? Are you really going to tell me that everything in this country is not geared toward coddling the wealthy? You can't be that blind.

Again.. please show where this confiscates monies at the hand of government to take from the poor and distribute thru the government to the rich

And again... having more of your monies you earned in your hands thru lower tax rates is not wealth redistribution

Why has CEO pay gone up, because they negotiate for it.. you are free to apply for that job to and get as much as you can if you land the job and it is time to negotiate salary

I can show you there where government directly thru taxation funnels collected tax monies to 'the poor' thru entitlements and handouts.. THAT, buddy, is wealth redistribution at the hands of government

You want t argue about SS taxation and limits on it.. that's one thing... and the social security itself is wealth redistribution the government should not be doing.... and I would be open on ways to fix it and hopefully rid ourselves of it

Who says you can't join a health co-op or have your own group to negotiate with healthcare providers for service and negotiate with insurance companies for a rate?? I fully support that... But you ain't owed it at the hand of government... You want government assisted monies toward your health care, get a government job and negotiate it as compensation for your labor

What is supposed to be geared toward in this country is the freedom for you to succeed or fail by your own efforts, decisions, labors, ideas, etc.... not some guarantee or safety net to act like mommy and hand you shit when you give puppy dog eyes

Throughout his campaign, Paladino has criticized New York's rich menu of social service benefits, which he says encourages illegal immigrants and needy people to live in the state.

What part of that is unclear?

listen to what this guy is saying here.....this is one of the things that has brought California to its knees....RICH MENU of Social Services and Entitlement programs.....which part of that is unclear?.....

listen to what this guy is saying here.....this is one of the things that has brought California to its knees....RICH MENU of Social Services and Entitlement programs.....which part of that is unclear?.....

Didn't Enron bilk 30 billion $$$ out of California? I wonder crap like that caused by deregulation had anything to do with their financial woes. Most enlightened countries have a "rich menu" of social services. They want a stable, prosperous populous - it makes for a better economy for EVERYONE.

Stockholm has no slums?.....EVERY large city has its "poor" side....i dont give a shit where they are located....

There are less wealthy people (most people do very well for themselves), sure, but there are no destitute people in Sweden and no, there are no slums.

Didn't Enron bilk 30 billion $$$ out of California? I wonder crap like that caused by deregulation had anything to do with their financial woes. Most enlightened countries have a "rich menu" of social services. They want a stable, prosperous populous - it makes for a better economy for EVERYONE.

with the Economy that California had that was just a little portion.....this State for quite sometime has been giving real nice things to people who either did not deserve them or never paid a dime into the system.....this State had Entitlement programs coming out of every orifice.....and even though they were going down.....they kept right on spending, paying for these programs.....and the sad part is there is no end.....one half-ass Gov. out.....2 half-asses running.....what ever happened to leadership in this Country?.....

Yet another crazy teabagger has come up with yet another crazy idea........

NEW YORK — Republican candidate for governor Carl Paladino said he would transform some New York prisons into dormitories for welfare recipients, where they could work in state-sponsored jobs, get employment training and take lessons in "personal hygiene."

Paladino, a wealthy Buffalo real estate developer popular with many tea party activists, isn't saying the state should jail poor people: The program would be voluntary.

But the suggestion that poor families would be better off in remote institutions, rather than among friends and family in their own neighborhoods, struck some anti-poverty activists as insulting.

Paladino is competing for the Republican nomination with former U.S. Rep. Rick Lazio. The primary is Sept. 14.

Paladino first described the idea in June at a meeting of The Journal News of White Plains and spoke about it again this week with The Associated Press.

Throughout his campaign, Paladino has criticized New York's rich menu of social service benefits, which he says encourages illegal immigrants and needy people to live in the state. He has promised a 20 percent reduction in the state budget and a 10 percent income tax cut if elected.

Asked at the meeting how he would achieve those savings, Paladino laid out several plans that included converting underused state prisons into centers that would house welfare recipients. There, they would do work for the state — "military service, in some cases park service, in other cases public works service," he said — while prison guards would be retrained to work as counselors.

NY candidate: Prison dorms for welfare recipients - Politics - msnbc.com

Discuss...........

Sounds like a pretty good idea.

Round them up and put them in camps....sound familiar.

Stockholm has no slums?.....EVERY large city has its "poor" side....i dont give a shit where they are located....

There are less wealthy people (most people do very well for themselves), sure, but there are no destitute people in Sweden and no, there are no slums.
i read there are many homeless i Stockholm.....but that being said, when you only have ten million people to take care of,and your a first world country.....you should not have any poor.....

Forum List

Back