NY's Chuck Schumer: Tax Mississippi Rich But Not NY Rich

Of course, you won't pop up with a cogent reasoning about how this particular statement of his is stupid, though. Guaranteed. Wish I could throw money on it.

IM the "weenie" Willow is referring to.

And yes...she is crtiicizing the logic of what Putz Schumer said...but to be frank, he is 100% correct.

The irony is how no one else on the left would point it out...and now Schumer is going to be villified by the left.

n'aw, she means Anthony Weiner.

yep.. tony weenie

are all new yorkers as stupid as schumer? I know one weenie who is.. :lol:

Of course, you won't pop up with a cogent reasoning about how this particular statement of his is stupid, though. Guaranteed. Wish I could throw money on it.

what's yer fucking point? NY is a state that taxes the piss outta they citizens so it cost more to live there???? was that yer stupid point?:lol::lol:

Actually, that is only a small portion of the problem.
Real estate costs are so high due to the location..
If you own a diner in Manhattan, it will cost you 50 bucks a foot to rent...and that is passed off to the patrons of the diner..

(The ultimate in forked tongued Devils, Chuckie Schumer says you can't regard New Yorkers at 250,000/year as rich)

"Schumer said the $250,000 limit is unacceptable since it will hit the metropolitan area disproportionately because of the high cost of living here.

“$250,000 makes you really rich in Mississippi but it doesn’t make you rich at all in New York and there ought to be some kind of scale based on the cost of living on how much you pay,” Schumer said"

Schumer: Obama

Then you have Hawaii, Frisco...geeze, let's have an even more convoluted tax code. What about LA? Bozeman Mt. has a higher cost of living than does anywhere in Mississippi, so does Jackson Wy. This idea is getting better and better all the time. Of course, it will have to have a sliding rule and a new fed agency for oversight. Oh wait....oversight.....government?

(The ultimate in forked tongued Devils, Chuckie Schumer says you can't regard New Yorkers at 250,000/year as rich)

"Schumer said the $250,000 limit is unacceptable since it will hit the metropolitan area disproportionately because of the high cost of living here.

“$250,000 makes you really rich in Mississippi but it doesn’t make you rich at all in New York and there ought to be some kind of scale based on the cost of living on how much you pay,” Schumer said"

It makes sense.

doesn's chuck U. have any idea how 80% of the millions who see him give speeches view him as a greedy and pathetic liar?

Schumer is right. It can't/won't be done, but I've said that all along. I live in NJ. Avg price of a house is around 350K; and property taxes and income taxes are amongst the highest in the nation. A couple making 250K is not "rich" here. They are upper middle class. I wonder how the people in MI would feel about punishing the "millionaires" there making half that.

Schumer is right. It can't/won't be done, but I've said that all along. I live in NJ. Avg price of a house is around 350K; and property taxes and income taxes are amongst the highest in the nation. A couple making 250K is not "rich" here. They are upper middle class. I wonder how the people in MI would feel about punishing the "millionaires" there making half that.

I live on Long Island. My real estate taxes alone are over 10K a year.
When I bought my house 18 years ago it cost 275K
If someone wanted to buy it now it would cost over 600K
To rent an apartment in Brooklyn....minimum 1500 a month for a studio
We have an MTA tax...
We have state taxes
We have city taxes (for those that live in the city)
We have an 8.25% sales tax
To commute into the city via LIRR....250 a month not including subways from Penn Station

making 250K is upper middle class at best.....by no means rich.

And dickweeds like Chuck U Schumer are the asshats that made it so fucking expensive to live there.

I bailed on that city in '93... good riddance.

And dickweeds like Chuck U Schumer are the asshats that made it so fucking expensive to live there.

I bailed on that city in '93... good riddance.

It's Schumer's fault that it costs half a million dollars to buy a condo in Manhattan?

I think it's more because that's what the market allows.

Schumer's argument makes perfect sense in that it represents the interests of his constituents. However, it would be enormously difficult to factor in cost of living into the federal income tax system:

-- Sometimes the cost of living is high because there are physical benefits. Beachfront property is expensive because people like beaches, so an acre of land in Western Los Angeles is a fundamentally different property than an acre in Utah.

-- Places with high costs of living have correspondingly high wages, which compensates somewhat for the cost of living. Income tax would only partially mitigate that compensation.

-- Think of the complication in figuring out your COLA for income taxes every year: OK, my house was appraised this year at X, but part of that is for the pool which is a luxury which isn't covered so subtract Y but since I have to commute to work I can add in part of the cost of maintaining a car which is Z but...

-- People have a choice (though not absolute freedom) about where they live. Many people rate job opportunities, cost of living, and other economic decisions quite highly when determining where to live.

-- People who live in places where the cost of living is high tend to be wealthy. Giving them a tax cut would be highly regressive.

The richest people in the USA are DEMOCRATS.

The richest Congressmen are DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRAT Obama raked in the most money of any president ever from Wallstreet Bankers.

The DEMOCRATS always have their hands in others pockets enriching themselves.

Case in point: The richest US senator & ex-presidential candidate is John Kerry. Kerry & his wife are the richest because their wealth comes from their Heinz foods company. Heinz foods company makes them rich by overcharging for the food they sell to people on government food programs such as school lunch, food-stamps, SNAP, EBT, etc. John Kerry & his cronies always make sure these government food programs are well funded with your tax dollars under the guise of "helping to feed the poor". If he wanted to help the poor he would lower their food prices instead of "fleecing the poor" & the tax payers to amass his record profits with his high price Heinz foods.

ANY TIME A DEMOCRAT SAYS I'M HERE TO HELP - GRAB YOUR WALLET!!!

Last edited:
Schumer may not know any high-rise owners who have to spend $35,000 on a new tractor with mower, hoer, lifter, hitch, trailer, tiller, baler, sower, picker, seeder, weeder, etc. plus a $30,000 steel building to house it all in.

All of which are business expenses and therefore will be DEDUCTED from a taxable income.

And on top of all that, a 50-year drought that broke all records for heat and dry days. :rolleyes:

Which will REDUCE their taxable income

Not only that, but the county had to raise the taxes at the rate of $600 a year for every 15 acres you own because THEIR gasoline costs went through the roof two years before the damn drought. :evil:

Which effected everybody everywhere in the USA.

And a trip to New York City this year to visit the theater district this year is out of the question because nobody's gropin' our groins, so we have to drive, which is out of the question because gas prices tripled, and hotels had to raise their rates because of too many vacancies because gas prices rose.

Did I say gas prices are outta control, buddy? :rolleyes:

The richest people in the USA are DEMOCRATS.

The richest Congressmen are DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRAT Obama raked in the most money of any president ever from Wallstreet Bankers.

The DEMOCRATS always have their hands in others pockets enriching themselves.

Case in point: The richest US senator & ex-presidential candidate is John Kerry. Kerry & his wife are the richest because their wealth comes from their Heinz foods company. Heinz foods company makes them rich by overcharging for the food they sell to people on government food programs such as school lunch, food-stamps, SNAP, EBT, etc. John Kerry & his cronies always make sure these government food programs are well funded with your tax dollars under the guise of "helping to feed the poor". If he wanted to help the poor he would lower their food prices instead of "fleecing the poor" & the tax payers to amass his record profits with his high price Heinz foods.

ANY TIME A DEMOCRAT SAYS I'M HERE TO HELP - GRAB YOUR WALLET!!!

John Kerry isn't the richest member of Congress anymore. He's been beaten by 2 Republicans....

Darryl Issa (R-Calif) and Michael McCaul (R-Texas) are both wealthier than Kerry.
http://www.rollcall.com/50richest/the-50-richest-members-of-congress-112th.html

Uhmm? 'Scuse me...but aren't they all citizens regardless of where they live? But then maybe this is an admission by Chuckie Schmuckie that New Yorkers are already taxed way too high in the State and localities?

Too bad. Maybe too he is pissed that his constituiency is leaving his State in droves...so perhaps this is a way to get them no matter where they are? :eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle::eusa_think:

Forum List

Back