NYPD shot a shoplifting suspect at Whole Foods in Harlem

To be fair ... I'm not too uncomfortable with capital punishment for patronizing a Whole Foods.

I went to the supermarket yesterday.

While I was waiting to check out, I overheard a conversation that went something like this:

Customer: I've just seen a guy walk in, grab a bottle of liquor, and walk out.

Cashier: I see.

Customer: What are you going to do about it?

Cashier: Nothing.

Customer: Why?

Cashier: Management has ordered us to ignore such incidents.

It is the policy of many businesses nowadays to ignore "minor" shoplifting, for they feel that it is not worth the hassle.

While I was waiting to check out, I overheard a conversation that went something like this:

It is the policy of many businesses nowadays to ignore "minor" shoplifting, for they feel that it is not worth the hassle.
Just not worth a regular employee such as a cashier or other employee not trained in security in security to risk life or even injury over a shoplifted product. If it becomes a significant problem loss prevention staff can be hired to control the problem.

Obviously they don't know that with an attitude like that, such incidents are only going to happen more and more.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back