NYPD officer's act of kindness goes viral on Facebook

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
An NYPD officer's act of kindness has gone viral on Facebook.

Jennifer Foster, a Florence, Ariz., tourist, posted a photograph of the officer giving a homeless man a pair of boots and socks on a frigid night in Times Square on Nov. 17.

"'I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let's put them on and take care of you,"' Foster quoted DePrimo as saying to the homeless man. "The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching

Read more: NYPD officer's act of kindness goes viral on Facebook | Fox News

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's what I was doing wrong all those times I was helping people. I was wearing regular clothes.

New Yawkas rock.

I think Officer DePrimo rocks. New Yawkas, in general, are like most big city citizens. However, one can see his 'act of kindness' did make others respond:

NYPD Officer Larry DePrimo Gives Boots To Homeless Man, Says He

...“We were just kind of shocked,” said Jose Cano, 28, a manager of the Sketchers store where the police officer bought the boots that night. “Most of us are New Yorkers, and we just kind of pass by that kind of thing, especially in this neighborhood.”

The all-weather boots were originally priced at $100, but Cano offered to let the officer use his employee discount. DePrimo paid a little over $75 for the homeless man to keep his feet warm, according to the Times.

I have to agree with the person from AZ that first posted on facebook, 'those in service need to remember why they chose those fields.' Officer DePrimo seems to have remembered.

I would say a lot better....
Would be nice if we had a President who thought it was important to
secure our borders....

So much bad news, so much anger and evil in our world that its hard sometimes to find the good. But, look at this - The photo is of a NYPD cop giving shoes and socks to a homeless man.

How have we come to this? How have we allowed so many of our own citizens to become homeless, freezing on the winter streets, empty stomachs, our vets, our children. We're the richest county on earth and yet we walk by our fellow human beings.

iJyOX.jpg

"I had two pairs of wool winter socks and combat boots, and I was cold," DePrimo, 25, said Wednesday, recalling the night of Nov. 14, when he encountered an unidentified, shoeless man on the sidewalk on Seventh Avenue near 44th Street.

DePrimo offered to get him socks and shoes.

"I never had a pair of shoes," the man replied, according to DePrimo, who's assigned to the Sixth Precinct and has been on the force nearly three years.

Larry DePrimo, NYPD Cop, Buys Homeless Man Boots (PHOTO)

Last edited:
The homeless man said he'd never had a pair of shoes. DePrimo purchased a pair of insulated boots and thermal socks and put them on the man's feet.
Read more: NYPD officer's act of kindness goes viral on Facebook | Fox News

What does this sentence say to you?

You mean the smell of bullshit in the air part?

Or maybe because people that have been suffering for so long just don't remember some things? He probably didn't remember when he last wore shoes. What does it matter?

Now if we could just duplicate this random act of kindness a amillion times over... What a Merry Christmas it could be.

This story warmed my heart as well... Thanks Willow

Forum List

Back