NYPD detective who rushed to ground zero on Sept 11 then spent months on recovery effort dies from 9

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MindWars, Jul 23, 2019.

1. MindWars

MindWars Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,326
    A retired NYPD detective who spent six grueling months working on the Ground Zero recovery effort has died from a 9/11-related cancer, his family said as they mourned him Sunday.

NYPD detective who rushed to Ground Zero on Sept. 11, then spent months on recovery effort, dies from 9/11-related cancer

Oh there is no asbestos the gawd dam liars said, oh no there are no cancer causing agents they said ....... gawd dam liars again........

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,463
    and many others will meet the same fate as this hero... :(

3. wamose

wamose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,087
    I was down there for the first two weeks and personally, I knew what was there. Hell, you could see the asbestos laying around everywhere and the smoke gave everyone a sore throat even through a respirator. It was kind of like cigarettes. Everyone really knew they were no damn good for you, even if the commercial said 8 out of 10 doctors smoked Chesterfield. But in this world, you do what you have to do. Buildings were down and we were just attacked. You just go in and do your job. But it is nice to know that if I come down with something from that time, they will take care of me and maybe even, to a small extent, my survivors. Viva Trump