Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The "N" in NYC now stands for "Nanny"

New York – No more super-sized Cokes. Forget about stomach-busting 64-ounce sodas at KFC. Even 20-ounce Snapples are on Mayor Bloomberg’s latest heath-conscious hit list.

New York City plans to ban the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks in an effort to combat obesity.

The proposed first-in-the-nation ban would impose a 16-ounce limit on the size of sweetened drinks sold at restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues and street carts. It would apply to bottled drinks as well as fountain sodas.

The ban, which could take effect as soon as March, wouldn't apply to diet sodas, fruit juices, dairy-based drinks or alcoholic beverages.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Wednesday that he "thinks it's what the public wants the mayor to do."

Fox News

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure the public is falling over themselves for you to save them from temptation because God knows the millions of adults living in Nanny York City aren't capable of making their own responsible decisions when it comes to deciding what they put in their mouths. They need an arrogant, billionaire elitist like you to make their decisions for them because everyone knows people with lots of money know better how to run our lives than we do.

New York – No more super-sized Cokes. Forget about stomach-busting 64-ounce sodas at KFC. Even 20-ounce Snapples are on Mayor Bloomberg’s latest heath-conscious hit list.

New York City plans to ban the sale of large sodas and other sugary drinks in an effort to combat obesity.

The proposed first-in-the-nation ban would impose a 16-ounce limit on the size of sweetened drinks sold at restaurants, movie theaters, sports venues and street carts. It would apply to bottled drinks as well as fountain sodas.

The ban, which could take effect as soon as March, wouldn't apply to diet sodas, fruit juices, dairy-based drinks or alcoholic beverages.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Wednesday that he "thinks it's what the public wants the mayor to do."

Fox News

Yes, Mikey, I'm sure the public is falling over themselves for you to save them from temptation because God knows the millions of adults living in Nanny York City aren't capable of making their own responsible decisions when it comes to deciding what they put in their mouths. They need an arrogant, billionaire elitist like you to make their decisions for them because everyone knows people with lots of money know better how to run our lives than we do.
Obviously a lot of adults and children don't make responsible decisions about what that put in their mouths.

Fox News

Obviously a lot of adults and children don't make responsible decisions about what that put in their mouths.

Thank the heavens that conservatives are here to monitor every pregnancy, decide who can and can't marry..and to make sure people don't get fat. Let's here it for Vaginal Probes!

:clap:

Thank the heavens that conservatives are here to monitor every pregnancy, decide who can and can't marry..and to make sure people don't get fat. Let's here it for Vaginal Probes!

:clap:

I guess that went over my head because I don't understand the relevancy of your comment to the topic at hand. Certainly you can't be accusing Michael Bloomberg of being a conservative because that is just laughable.

Fox News

Who are they responsible to?

Do you have a personal responsibility to the government to eat only what the government appoves?

Fox News

Unfortunately it is true that millions of people in New York, and everywhere else are not capable of making responsible decisions as to what they put in their mouths. Based on the facts, you should realize this. Now does that mean government should try to control our diets? Maybe and maybe not. Bottom line is if you want a large soda and only small ones are available, then buy two or three.

Here is the thing; it is unlikely that society itself is going to change the habits of those who already have bad habits. That being said, there is a chance to create good habits among our younger people so that they learn to make better choices in the long run.

While I understand the desire, this is a misguided policy. A tax on sodas may make sense, but a ban is too far.

Isn't *force* by definition the removal of somebody's right to choose?

How does a pig like sallow get 1300 rep points?

PM me for the answer, lol.

Ironicly, banning soda could end more political careers than flat out fraud and corruption.

:popcorn:

Fox News

New Yorkers shouldn't be allowed self government.

And honestly I don't know many adults who drunk 32 oz. soft drinks.

Lean people are generally more productive, and they have less "ill"-days during the year.

Forum List

Back