NYC mayor, major CEOs lobby for immigration reform

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
Chief executives of several major corporations, including Hewlett-Packard, Boeing, Disney and News Corp., are joining Mayor Michael Bloomberg to form a coalition advocating for immigration reform _ including a path to legal status for all undocumented immigrants now in the United States.

The group includes several other big-city mayors and calls itself the Partnership for a New American Economy. It seeks to reframe immigration reform as the solution to repairing and stimulating the economy.

Bloomberg and Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO of News Corp., appeared together Thursday on Fox News to discuss the effort.

"We're just going to keep the pressure on the congressmen," Murdoch said. "I think we can show to the public the benefits of having migrants and the jobs that go with them."

Bloomberg added, "Somebody has to lead and explain to the country why this is in our interest."

The CEOs said Thursday in statements that their companies _ and the nation _ depend on immigrants.

NYC mayor, major CEOs lobby for immigration reform

Is Emperor Bloomberg aware of Maywood, CA, the first US city to fall to La Reconquista?

It always amazes me the audacity of these Ivory Tower fools! I wonder if they realize that if these invaders were to become legal U.S. citizens they'd still lose their cheap labor for then they'd have to pay proper wages to these folks? BTW why the hell does HP or Boeing have a dog in this fight? Don't they realize that the more illegals up here the less workers they'll have for their factories down there... Damn NAFTA!

Forum List

Back