NYC Mayor de Blasio blasted over drunk-driving comment

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An insensitive remark. Drunk driving is careless, selfish, irresponsible and fully avoidable. How many lives lost due to someone doing this? Lives ruined and maimed?

He upset MADD, they tweeted back angrily. Good for them.

New York City’s Mayor Bill de Blasio said in an interview Monday that he would categorize drunk driving “that doesn’t lead to any other negative outcome” a minor offense.

DeBlasio was asked on CNN about New York’s stance as a sanctuary city and its refusal to turn over illegal immigrants who commit minor offenses.

He said that he did not want to “see families torn apart” over something very minor. He was asked if he considered grand larceny and drunk driving a “very minor offense.”

MADD

✔@MADDOnline

Nothing minor when drunk driving kills or injures 300,000 people every year. That is a slap in the face to victims. @MayorDeblasio

Well, stopping people just to see if they are guilty doesn't exactly jibe with presumption of innocence. Erratic driving that leads to being stopped and then showing intoxication should be strictly punished. Somehow, the Constitution was subjected to an exception to accommodate M.A.D.D.

/---- MADD nominated Ted BELCH Kennedy Father of the Year after he drove off a bridge and drowned Mary Jo Kopechne. So I take their outrage with a grain of salt.

An insensitive remark. Drunk driving is careless, selfish, irresponsible and fully avoidable. How many lives lost due to someone doing this? Lives ruined and maimed?

New York City’s Mayor Bill de Blasio said in an interview Monday that he would categorize drunk driving “that doesn’t lead to any other negative outcome” a minor offense.

DeBlasio was asked on CNN about New York’s stance as a sanctuary city and its refusal to turn over illegal immigrants who commit minor offenses.

He said that he did not want to “see families torn apart” over something very minor. He was asked if he considered grand larceny and drunk driving a “very minor offense.”

MADD

[emoji818]@MADDOnline

Nothing minor when drunk driving kills or injures 300,000 people every year. That is a slap in the face to victims. @MayorDeblasio

De Blasio is a disgrace and always will be. NYC deserves him!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

MADD

✔@MADDOnline

I rarely drive drunk and when I do most people are all in bed already and the bars are closing a couple of hours after midnight.

MADD

✔@MADDOnline

shockedcanadian I'm surprised you are not a fan of that rotgut Canadian whisky.

It is nice occasionally for a change.

Generally I prefer gin however.

There's nothing "minor" about a drunk behind the wheel of a car.
Amen to this! Even if they don't kill themselves or another person, they can do enough damage to where their victim(s)' lives aren't worth the living anymore.

God bless you always!!!
Holly
Just drive slower. No worries then.
You know that is easier said compared to being done when a person's judgement is impaired enough. Do you know anyone who actually drives more cautiously while under the influence? I don't.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back