NYC has 8th coolest June on record.

• Banned
I don't! It's 74 degrees year-round in my house, no matter what's happening outside!

Some people have priviledged lives....
I went "green" long before it became a fad, and more recently a requirement of law. Simply because I don't believe in waste but like to be comfortable.

It's as "green" as it's ever gonna get around here, what with a house that's well over 100 years old that will most definitely be torn down to accommodate yet another 8-room each duplex. Until then, I'll "rough" it -- kinda like the days of the Revolution.

Some people have priviledged lives....
I went "green" long before it became a fad, and more recently a requirement of law. Simply because I don't believe in waste but like to be comfortable.

It's as "green" as it's ever gonna get around here, what with a house that's well over 100 years old that will most definitely be torn down to accommodate yet another 8-room each duplex. Until then, I'll "rough" it -- kinda like the days of the Revolution.
Nothing stands in the way of me sleeping nekked! That's just something that won't be sacrificed!:badgrin:

What's just wrong is I have to wear something to bed....
I don't! It's 74 degrees year-round in my house, no matter what's happening outside!

Nothing stands in the way of me sleeping nekked! That's just something that won't be sacrificed!:badgrin:

Of course not.... It's 74-deg.... No matter what's happening outside....

<snicker>

What's just wrong is I have to wear something to bed....

<snicker>
For that very reason!:lol:

<snicker>
For that very reason!:lol:

Tell ya what.... Body heat works just as well.... How much of that you got?

Al-Gore-Explains-Cold-Weather-701167.jpg

No, not evenly for global temp increases. Cherry picking anomalies for one city has nothing to do with average mean global temps increasing. It was also the second wettest June in CP ever too. Global weather weirding will happen when the temps increase.

How do we go about quantifying "global weather weirding"??? :lol:

That is an excellent question, Dude.

I can propose a way, but not being a statistician, I am not sure it actually makes sense. I'll leave it to any of you who were experts in stastical studies to tell me if this idea has merit

We could study the history of record breaking weather events retrospectively.

We have about a century's worth of weather records for much of the globe.

And we know, even if things are status quo with the climate that every different weather related records are broken all around the globe.

But can we intuit that if the climate is changing there would be an increase in record breaking events?

I think we can.

So we can get some idea of how often weather record breaking events have typically happened annually.

If there's a signioficant changes in the number of normal record breaking events, we're probably going to see it pretty clearly in the historic records.

Perhaps we might consider weighting by how much the records are broken, too. That would of course demand a much more complex mathematical model.

It's an imperfect math model, I admit.

But perhaps this retrospective study might shed some light on what's been happening at the extremes of our weather patterns, and those in turn which might shed light on what's happening to the mean of the weather, (which is really the climate) too.

No, not evenly for global temp increases. Cherry picking anomalies for one city has nothing to do with average mean global temps increasing. It was also the second wettest June in CP ever too. Global weather weirding will happen when the temps increase.
And yet, cherry-picked and quite often outright inaccurate data is used to bolster the AGW religious doctrine. But that's okay, right?

Forum List

Back