NYC Cop Shoves Bicyclist off Bike During Critical Mass Ride

Exactly, one can speculate, but to defend a bogus speculation is even more retarded.

As far as the cop. It's fact that the cyclist was the suspect of a criminal complaint ealier for violating traffic laws and weaving in and out of cars. He was endangering drivers by his actions. The cop obviously recieved his orders to detain this cyclist. It was not because the cop didn't like the guys bike, and decided to take him out.

No, he was accused of doing so by the arresting officer, they guy who attacked him. I lost count at 30 bikes in the video, and at the time the cyclist is attacked there is another cyclist in the shot also wearing a white tee shirt and black shorts. Exactly how was this allegedly wanted cyclist identified among not less than (and many more than) 30 cyclists as the wanted man?

No, he was accused of doing so by the arresting officer, they guy who attacked him. I lost count at 30 bikes in the video, and at the time the cyclist is attacked there is another cyclist in the shot also wearing a white tee shirt and black shorts. Exactly how was this allegedly wanted cyclist identified among not less than (and many more than) 30 cyclists as the wanted man?

Sure thing, your not grasping at straws, how about we wait and see? Not like the video guy didn't have an agenda.

No.... its not opinion. He did lie on the police report because there is video of the incident. He said the cyclist attacked him with the bike. We can see the cyclist move to the left to avoid the officer and the officer slide to his right and use his upper body as he explodes at the cyclist and pushes him off the bike onto the sidewalk. The officer also said he was knocked off his feet by the cyclist. Not true, we see it on the video. Unless my eyes deceive me, or there is another incident with this cyclist that the officer managed to forget to include in the report, this guy is a scum bag.

You can also see the cyclist lower his head and shoulder towards the police officer. If he was really trying to get away, he'd have gone THE OTHER WAY. I'm telling you, this officer may be guilty when it's over with, but you do not have the entire story and you don't have all of the facts.

Why would anyone automatically assume this cop fucked up based on that video? Obviously that remains a possibility and we'll know for certain soon enough. But the odds of that being the case are no better than 1 in a 100 IMO. Some people just hate cops I guess.

The cyclist was the suspect of a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. That means someone ELSE---not the cops, complained about this guy weaving in and out of traffic and violating traffic laws. You don't have all of the facts. As much as you'd like to hang this guy out to dry, you still don't know the entire story. You're ignorance and bias is showing.

Should the video include the entire mile the guy rode to get to that point? Cops are not without the ability to fuck up. Ignoring when they do brings us right back around to Rodney King.

[youtube]l3Mts9gMGKo[/youtube]

As a matter of fact it is QUITE important as it provides the context of why the cop might have knocked the guy off the bike.

Again if all I show you is a video of a guy punching another guy, nothing before or after, you can not know why the punch was thrown.

If I show you a Video of some guy running up and tackling some guy walking down the street, you can not know from the video that he just attacked 5 kids now can you? Since it is not on the tape?

Why would anyone automatically assume this cop fucked up based on that video? Obviously that remains a possibility and we'll know for certain soon enough. But the odds of that being the case are no better than 1 in a 100 IMO. Some people just hate cops I guess.

He's biased, that's why.

Should the video include the entire mile the guy rode to get to that point? Cops are not without the ability to fuck up. Ignoring when they do brings us right back around to Rodney King.

[youtube]l3Mts9gMGKo[/youtube]

I don't think this cop should have grabbed this kid around the neck. For that I think the cop should be punished. The kid did not show any physical threat to the cop. Personally, I think the cop did this kid a favor. He obviously needed to learn when to shut his mouth and quit talking back. His parents should have done a better job of knowing his place and showing some respect. The kid had attitude and continued to run his mouth.

Also, it's obvious that this cop had already told these boys to quit riding and he continued to do so. And also, the video is mostly on the cop. For all we know, the kid could have been flipping him off, and doing the Triple H to him.
I think this cop used excessive force (physically)--not verbally.

Sure thing, your not grasping at straws, how about we wait and see? Not like the video guy didn't have an agenda.

I don't believe the video taker's name has been released, but all reports I've seen has said the person was a tourist.

Funny how you aren't interested in waiting and seeing who the person is who filmed it. I guess only jumping to your conclusions is acceptable.

I don't think this cop should have grabbed this kid around the neck. For that I think the cop should be punished. The kid did not show any physical threat to the cop. Personally, I think the cop did this kid a favor. He obviously needed to learn when to shut his mouth and quit talking back. His parents should have done a better job of knowing his place and showing some respect. The kid had attitude and continued to run his mouth.

Also, it's obvious that this cop had already told these boys to quit riding and he continued to do so. And also, the video is mostly on the cop. For all we know, the kid could have been flipping him off, and doing the Triple H to him.
I think this cop used excessive force (physically)--not verbally.

ahhhhhhh the America we live in. Attitude problems give the government cause for assault.

The cyclist was the suspect of a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. That means someone ELSE---not the cops, complained about this guy weaving in and out of traffic and violating traffic laws.

Not according to the police report as it has been reported on. Do you have another source?
The officer seen in the video, rookie Patrick Pogan – a third-generation cop and the son of a retired New York City detective who worked on the Joint Terrorism Task Force – wrote in his police report that Long was observed “forcing multiple vehicles to stop abruptly or change their direction to avoid a collision.”

Gothamist: NYPD Investigates Cop Videotaped Throwing Cyclist Off Bike

I don't believe the video taker's name has been released, but all reports I've seen has said the person was a tourist.

Funny how you aren't interested in waiting and seeing who the person is who filmed it. I guess only jumping to your conclusions is acceptable.

Sure thing, the taper makes a few moments tape with no background, no context and then claims the cop did it for no reason, Yup he was just a concerned citizen.

ahhhhhhh the America we live in. Attitude problems give the government cause for assault.

Did you frickin read my post you frickin retarded dumbass. GO back and read it until you can figure out not to post such nonsense. I specifically stated my opinion regarding the physical assault in the video. Bravo...:clap2:

Did you frickin read my post you frickin retarded dumbass. GO back and read it until you can figure out not to post such nonsense. I specifically stated my opinion regarding the physical assault in the video. Bravo...:clap2:

Settle down pantywaste nobody accused you of anything. Saying things or having an attitude is not a crime. 5-0 isn't endowed by the government for the lecture circuit. Write a ticket, file charges or shut the fuck up. This idea that an attitude problem gives the govt the right to do ANYTHING, especially anything physical is what I was addressing.

Forum List

Back