nyc churches banned from helping homeless

I hope the churches are not going to pay much attention to this stupid law.

The right of Churches to grant sanctuary is WAY OLDER than the United States of America.

In fact that common law is older than most European governments, too.

Like I said, it sounds like some sort of weird zoning thing that some stick-up-the-ass bureaucrat is taking to the nth degree to make himself feel important.

I hope they fight it.

I hope they don't, I hope they obey the edict to the very letter of the law.. don't muddy the democrats waters..

I hope the churches are not going to pay much attention to this stupid law.

The right of Churches to grant sanctuary is WAY OLDER than the United States of America.

In fact that common law is older than most European governments, too.

I wouldn't call providing a bed for the homeless "sancuary". I have no problems with the churches providing beds for the homeless but I do have a problem with them keeping criminals from being arrested as in the case of that Chicago church. And, no, I'm not saying that it's up to the church to make sure that the homeless person isn't a crook, but let's face it, that Chicago church knew exactly what it was doing.

IMO, the Churches should ignore this law. If the police want to arrest the pastors for ignoring the law, so be it. Arrest them. I think the people will make sure they get out, and as quickly as possible.

Let's face it, our forefather's were ignoring unjust laws when they fought for our freedom from British rule. They put in the second amendment, not so we could go hunting, but so we could protect ourselves from an unjust government. I think that 2nd revolution is a little late in coming.

Maybe dillo and cecily can get jobs with the churches screening the homeless for immigration status.

Okay, I missed something. What does that have to do with this subject?

Why should the churches screen the homeless at all? Providing a bed for someone who is homeless for a couple of nights isn't the same at all as protecting someone who's broken our laws from the police.

Unless you are trying to say that all homeless are criminals???

Which is why I voted for 3rd party this time and will from now on. The democrats and the republicans are the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation. Some believe one is less evil than the other but the truth is they are both EVIL. If you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil.

So many American were disatisfied with either candidate that this time we really had a chance to make a difference, but we have too many followers and not enough leaders. They all bought into the self fullfilling prophesy that if you don't vote for a dem or a rep, you are wasting your vote.

Well, apparently they own the churches now, since they feel free to tell them who they can have on their own, private property. What's next? A city ordinance telling me that I can't decide to bring a homeless person home to sleep in my spare bedroom unless I'm willing to do so five nights a week?

That's what happens when government gets too big. The church represents a threat to the State.

Forum List

Back