NYC braces for 'tens of thousands' of protesters set to march on Financial District

I think the last real breakup occured in the late eighties, AT+T, too long.

The left leaning A.P. couldn't even spin it. The "tens of thousands" turned out to be around 50 protestors sitting in a circle.

Then again, the day is young. When everyone comes out for lunch I'm sure tens of thousands of people will be out and about. They're part of the 99%, right? Counts, doesn't it?

When was the last time a monopoly was broken up? It has been so long I can't remember. Is it even possible anymore?

Probably Ma Bell was the last biggie. And yes, it is still possible... look at what the courts did to Microsoft with IE.

Good!

The people are speaking.

It would be interesting to see a poll about how Americans view the OWS movement.

While I hear talk radio hosts lambasting the movement (so much so, that it makes me wonder if they're afraid of it), I haven't seen any poll result of how average Americans feel about the movement.

However, considering the fact that so many average Americans ended up getting the economic and financial metaphorical 'shaft' even as Wall Street Bankers got a bailout followed by record profits, I find it hard to believe that those average Americans aren't secretly (and maybe not so secretly) rooting for this movement and the protesters who are enduring everything from cold weather to late night and early morning police raids.

A new Public Policy Polling poll shows that Occupy Wall Street may not speak for the ’99 percent’ it claims to represent.

After an 11-point shift in one month, 45 percent of Americans now oppose the movement, the poll indicates, indicating that public opinion has turned against the self-styled “occupiers.” Just 33 percent favor the movement, down from 35 a month ago.

Significantly, the movement’s support among independent voters has waned. The report notes independents have ”gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street’s goals 39–34, to opposing them 34–42.”

Last month, 35 percent supported the movement and 36 percent opposed it, a statistical tie. But after a rash of violent incidents, including several and clashes with police, more Americans have wearied of the anti-corporate protests that have entrenched themselves in public squares in dozens of cities and towns.

Read more: Occupy Wall Street | Poll | Tea Party | 99 Percent | The Daily Caller

PPP is a left-wing polling group.

Good!

The people are speaking.

It would be interesting to see a poll about how Americans view the OWS movement.

While I hear talk radio hosts lambasting the movement (so much so, that it makes me wonder if they're afraid of it), I haven't seen any poll result of how average Americans feel about the movement.

However, considering the fact that so many average Americans ended up getting the economic and financial metaphorical 'shaft' even as Wall Street Bankers got a bailout followed by record profits, I find it hard to believe that those average Americans aren't secretly (and maybe not so secretly) rooting for this movement and the protesters who are enduring everything from cold weather to late night and early morning police raids.

A new Public Policy Polling poll shows that Occupy Wall Street may not speak for the ’99 percent’ it claims to represent.

After an 11-point shift in one month, 45 percent of Americans now oppose the movement, the poll indicates, indicating that public opinion has turned against the self-styled “occupiers.” Just 33 percent favor the movement, down from 35 a month ago.

Significantly, the movement’s support among independent voters has waned. The report notes independents have ”gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street’s goals 39–34, to opposing them 34–42.”

Last month, 35 percent supported the movement and 36 percent opposed it, a statistical tie. But after a rash of violent incidents, including several and clashes with police, more Americans have wearied of the anti-corporate protests that have entrenched themselves in public squares in dozens of cities and towns.

Read more: Occupy Wall Street | Poll | Tea Party | 99 Percent | The Daily Caller

PPP is a left-wing polling group.

About a third? Hmm. That's about the percentage of colonists who supported breaking away from the British Crown prior to the revolutionary war.

Forum List

Back