NYC-$15.00 for a pack of Smokes

I never have much good to say about smokers but I think they get royally screwed on the taxes they have to pay. They also pay an 8% sales tax on top of the gross taxes on a pack of cigarettes

If they want to ban cigarettes because they are dangerous....do it
But to try to tax it into oblivion is ridiculous

Anyone want to sell tobacco growing kits and rolling supplies in NY?

We'll make a fortune

See it's stupid government decisions like this that help small business

I have friends in the Military still that can send me cartons of Newports if I wire them some money, and smokes are way cheaper on base than they are off post, fuck New York for this stupid law.

Oh, yeah????

This is why NYC streets are so clean...

...and the air is .....

Never mind.

Now that you mention it, the streets are a lot cleaner. Used to be the sidewalks and gutters were filled with cigarette butts

I have friends in the Military still that can send me cartons of Newports if I wire them some money, and smokes are way cheaper on base than they are off post, fuck New York for this stupid law.

Oh, yeah????

...and the air is .....

Never mind.

Now that you mention it, the streets are a lot cleaner. Used to be the sidewalks and gutters were filled with cigarette butts

But the streets were softer then....

nypost.com/p/news/local/these_packs_cost_LGzOpJq8Ght1i9Q2yAZBXM

Smokers are used to coughing up a lot -- but this is getting ridiculous.

The price on a pack of cigarettes has skyrocketed to $14.50 at some New York City stores thanks to a hefty new tax -- leaving even the most nicotine-addicted buttheads considering nixing their fix.

"This is my last cigarette ever!" fumed William MacLeod, 45, of Brooklyn. "At $15 a pack, this is ridiculous. It's a good excuse for me to quit."

Ella Maxine, a small-business owner from Park Slope, Brooklyn, almost choked on her smokes when she had to plunk down $15 for a pack of American Spirits cigarettes at Smiler's Deli on Fifth Avenue near 46th Street.

The gov loves the fact you smoke ,what a cash cow.....all in the name of a way to get you to quit..........

That's only 900 bucks a month for a two pack a day smoker..

Sheesh.

Last edited:

The price on a pack of cigarettes has skyrocketed to $14.50 at some New York City stores thanks to a hefty new tax -- leaving even the most nicotine-addicted buttheads considering nixing their fix.

"This is my last cigarette ever!" fumed William MacLeod, 45, of Brooklyn. "At $15 a pack, this is ridiculous. It's a good excuse for me to quit."

Ella Maxine, a small-business owner from Park Slope, Brooklyn, almost choked on her smokes when she had to plunk down $15 for a pack of American Spirits cigarettes at Smiler's Deli on Fifth Avenue near 46th Street.

The gov loves the fact you smoke ,what a cash cow.....all in the name of a way to get you to quit..........

That's only 899 bucks a month for a two pack a day smoker..

Sheesh.

Or to put it another way; a new car.

And not just any piece of crap car either but a nice damn car.

That's only 899 bucks a month for a two pack a day smoker..

Sheesh.

Or to put it another way; a new car.

And not just any piece of crap car either but a nice damn car.

A house payment.

I switched to hand-rolling tobacco in 2008. Call it the result of a forecast of how things are now, seeing as a 20 deck of mid-range, ready-made cigarettes are over £6 in today's money.

Oh, yeah????

...and the air is .....

Never mind.

Maybe because with cigarettes at $15 a pack smokers are picking up the butts and rolling their own to save a few bucks.

I see an excellent business opportunity for the mob- steal/hijack a semi full of Marlboro's - sell them for cash to every Bodega in NYC. It is actually more profitable to hijack a semi of cigarettes than an armored car...safer too. Even if they bought them legally in another state they'd make a fortune selling them in NY......stupid, stupid nanny state government.

glad I quit

Forum List

Back