NY Woman fails crucial firefighter fitness test - Gets job anyway!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All affirmative action is wrong even when it's just for lowly jobs at the post office. But when people get jobs as judges and cops and firemen because of race or sex, that's as wrong as anything can be. People are gonna die because de Blasio insists incompetent women get hired.

Woman to become NY firefighter despite failing crucial fitness test New York Post

may 3 2015
The FDNY for the first time in its history will allow someone who failed its crucial physical-fitness test to join the Bravest, The Post has learned.
Rebecca Wax, 33, is set to graduate Tuesday from the Fire Academy without passing the Functional Skills Training test, a grueling obstacle course of job-related tasks performed in full gear with a limited air supply, an insider has revealed.
“They’re going to allow the first person to graduate without passing because this administration has lowered the standard,” said the insider, who is familiar with the training.
Upon graduation, Wax would be assigned to a firehouse and tasked with the full duties of a firefighter.
Some FDNY members are angry.
“We’re being asked to go into a fire with someone who isn’t 100 percent qualified,” the source said. “Our job is a team effort. If there’s a weak link in the chain, either civilians or our members can die.”
Wax’s graduation comes as the city celebrates the FDNY’s 150th anniversary and as the department is under pressure by the de Blasio administration to hire more women.
Only 44 of the FDNY’s 10,500 firefighters are female

Wow. Unreal.

And if she cant hack it during a fire...and try to terminate her...itll be sexism.

• Banned
I wish I was born black. Then maybe my daughter would have gotten full scholarship at college.

This is a white woman but i know what you mean. Affirmative action is everywhere. Black, hispanic, indian, female, disabled, or faggot. They get everything given to them

An insider? So there is no actual proof, just someone's proof? Isn't also possible that if she failed that she passed on the second try? And unnamed sources are always totally legit.

I have an unnamed source who says Republicans are actually closeted gays. More at 11.

I wish I was born black. Then maybe my daughter would have gotten full scholarship at college.

This is a white woman but i know what you mean. Affirmative action is everywhere. Black, hispanic, indian, female, disabled, or faggot. They get everything given to them

They'll work a man harder so they're willing to discriminate against males because we're stronger. Honestly, this identity politics bullshit is seriously making the democrats look stupid and taking down all the good stuff about government. It pisses me off.

• Banned
An insider? So there is no actual proof, just someone's proof? Isn't also possible that if she failed that she passed on the second try? And unnamed sources are always totally legit.

I have an unnamed source who says Republicans are actually closeted gays. More at 11.

Can't you read.? This is from the NY Post.

• Banned
Honestly, this identity politics bullshit is seriously making the democrats look stupid and taking down all the good stuff about government. It pisses me off.

Don't call it identity politics. That's the media euphemism for what is pure discrimination against men.

Can't you read.? This is from the NY Post.

The NY Post run by Rupert Murdoch, the loser who disrespect the dead by hacking into their phone? That savior? Yeah, I totally believe them.

PS. The other 2 women passed the exam but I didn't hear you say anything about that.

[

PS. The other 2 women passed the exam but I didn't hear you say anything about that.

HAHAHA. You call that logic? Because two women legitimately passed the test, then ALL women should get a passing grade?? You libs are really desperate, as you always are on the subject of affirmative action. Even you know it's wrong.

According to the article:

' Under the FDNY’s new hiring policy, probies must earn at least 75 percent on the combined requirements of academics, hands-on skills and physical fitness.

Wax had a high grade-point average on her academics, which officials determined offset her FST deficiency, the insider said. '

So apparently she did meet the minimum requirements. You may disagree with the minimum requirements, but that doesn't mean she received special treatment.

Forum List

Back