NY Times Sobs About ‘Terrible Debt Deal’

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
this is what the NYslimes considers Unbiased reporting folks. better get out the "small violins" for them..

SNIP:
August 1st, 2011
From a crocodile tear-ed editors of the New York Times:

To Escape Chaos, a Terrible Deal
Published: July 31, 2011

There is little to like about the tentative agreement between Congressional leaders and the White House except that it happened at all. The deal would avert a catastrophic government default, immediately and probably through the end of 2012. The rest of it is a nearly complete capitulation to the hostage-taking demands of Republican extremists. It will hurt programs for the middle class and poor, and hinder an economic recovery.
It is not yet set in stone, and there may still be time to make it better. But in the end, most Democrats will have no choice but to swallow their fury, accept the deal and, we hope, fight harder the next time.

This spittle flecked outrage is surely feigned. Even the editors at The Times can’t be this far removed from reality. This is just an attempt to make this deal seem more reasonable, more centrist, than it really is. The Times is playing ‘Sister Souljah’ for Mr. Obama and Harry Reid.

For weeks, ever since House Republicans said they would not raise the nation’s debt ceiling without huge spending cuts, Democrats have held out for a few basic principles. There must be new tax revenues in the mix so that the wealthy bear a share of the burden and Medicare cannot be affected…

Notice that what the New York Times calls "principles" always boils down to raising taxes. Always.

the rest and comments at.
NY Times Sobs About ‘Terrible Debt Deal’ » Sweetness & Light

Last edited:
The NYTimes is not a Liberal newspaper, no Sir, no way. That's as middle as the road as it gets

tell me how less money in the economy is going to help the economy?

You screamed and screamed about things being shoved down your throats and now have managed to shove down the American people throats cuts without tax raises on the wealthy that 60+ percent of the American people wanted.

Now the economy will fizzle and you will blame Obama just like you dishonestly blame him for the economic mess your hero Bush created.

You screamed and screamed about things being shoved down your throats and now have managed to shove down the American people throats cuts without tax raises on the wealthy that 60+ percent of the American people wanted.

Now the economy will fizzle and you will blame Obama just like you dishonestly blame him for the economic mess your hero Bush created.

"We Own the Economy" -- DNC

It doesn't. That's why good people are against higher taxes.

If i had voted for the Oman i would feel sold out.

The unions are right, its time to become ungovernable

Thats what they say on their websites.

The economy is already fizzling there idiot. It has been since Barry took office. His policies are doing nothing to improve said economy.

If you don't have a stable business friendly environment then business will not hire. Will not expand and will sit on its money. Thats exactly what they are doing.

Get rid of Barrry his HC clusterfuck and give business a stable environment and the private sector will take off.

Forum List

Back