NY Times Headlines

Not at all. Paperboy is insinuating that all of these bad events occured because Obama was elected.

Not at all, David. I just thought it an odd juxtaposition of stories. Nothing more. Nothing less.

If anything I just wish the NY Times would report news, not horoscopes.

Last edited:
Political science major, Meterology and archeology double minor. Hofstra University. Thank you for asking.

Political Science? What's the 'Science' for? I have a degree in Physics and that's science. Maybe Political Science should be something like Political Mumbo Jumbo.

Let's see: Iraq war - Bush's fault for not planning it properly and not having an exit strategy
Bad economy: Forcing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make stupid loans to completely unqualified people to artifically inflate the mid 2000s economy in between the dot-com bubble burst and the housing bubble.
Bad foreign policy, bad domestic policy, having special deals with the Saudis for oil, not doing enough to relieve this country off of its dependency of foreign oil...

Yeah, you're right. It IS all Bush's fault.

you are hysterical, I cannot stand it. I am peeing in my pants laughing.. jeez..

It's not like me to defend Bush, but you're wrong about a few things.

Let's see: Iraq war - Bush's fault for not planning it properly and not having an exit strategy

Congress starts wars. You're a political mumbo jumbo major so you should know that.

Bad economy: Forcing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to make stupid loans to completely unqualified people to artifically inflate the mid 2000s economy in between the dot-com bubble burst and the housing bubble.

That wasn't Bush.

Bad foreign policy, bad domestic policy

I'll give you that.

having special deals with the Saudis for oil, not doing enough to relieve this country off of its dependency of foreign oil...

Yeah, you're right. It IS all Bush's fault.

Do you wear a tinfoil hat? LOL!

Well, I don't know how truthful it is but O'Reilly (don't throw any tomatos at me, I watch O'Reilly okay?) lives in New York and said tonight on the factor that New York is the most heavily taxed state and folks are packing up and moving out which = decreased revenues. I have heard this situation is true in California also. Now Fla. has no state income tax and the population there is growing by leaps and bounds. However due to the crash in the housing bubble revenues are also down and there is a budget shorfall in Fla. So what is the answer. tax heavily or cut taxes?

I was watching too and I thought he said that taxes will increase (meaning under Obama) and then people will leave NY (rather than they are leaving now). O'Reilly's a trip. :D

Not at all, David. I just thought it an odd juxtaposition of stories. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I read this as you did PB, just a quirky listing of stories.

When Obama was elected President last night, my cats turned into cute and lovable kittens.

I don't even have health care yet, and already my Psoriasis isn't heartbreaking.

That Obama is a miracle worker!

Congress starts wars. You're a political mumbo jumbo major so you should know that.

Right - so the Iraq war was ENTIRELY Congress' idea and Bush just went along for the ride. Bush bears no responsibility for the way the Iraq war was managed whatsoever.

That wasn't Bush.

right, it was just the fairy godmother who pressured fannie mae and freddie mac to make as many loans as possible to help keep the numbers for new housing up as high as possible.

Right - so the Iraq war was ENTIRELY Congress' idea and Bush just went along for the ride. Bush bears no responsibility for the way the Iraq war was managed whatsoever.

The Iraq war was the idea of the Bush Administration and Congress approved it. This is the job of Congress. Bush as commander in chief does bear some responsibility for how the Iraq War was and is managed. Ultimately, Congress bears full responsibility for starting the war.

right, it was just the fairy godmother who pressured fannie mae and freddie mac to make as many loans as possible to help keep the numbers for new housing up as high as possible.

This is a complex issue and you're blaming Bush solely for the problem. I'm sure even you see this is in error. If you don't, let me know and I'll give you a rundown of what happened.

Forum List

Back