NY like Florida this past 2018 summer.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
I for awhile was skeptical of Climate change, especially considering the fact that peak CO2 historically lagged behind peak temps.

But, each year New York gets more like Florida each summer.

When I was little New York always had a bunch of days of clear, cooler days after a cold front.

While Florida constantly had eradic weather, where down pours always happened.

Over the past 15 years, we've become more, and more like Florida.

With a lot of eradic weather down pours.

ESPECIALLY this past summer, where it was usually 95 degrees, sunny, with a late down pour, or a rainy 80 degree day the next.

We also got several tornadoes in New York this summer, the biggest being last week, and in May.

I hate to say it, but the weather is changing, I'm so sorry that the more dumb people of society don't notice it.

It was also the most humid/cloudy summer I remember.
Humidity galore.
Fewer cool fronts moving through from the W/NW.

Even today into Much higher temp and humidity than I can recall
I joked this summer I should have stayed in Florida where I have a Winter place.
`

I for awhile was skeptical of Climate change, especially considering the fact that peak CO2 historically lagged behind peak temps.

When I was little New York always had a bunch of days of clear, cooler days after a cold front.

ESPECIALLY this past summer, where it was usually 95 degrees, sunny, with a late down pour, or a rainy 80 degree day the next.

We also got several tornadoes in New York this summer, the biggest being last week, and in May.

I hate to say it, but the weather is changing, I'm so sorry that the more dumb people of society don't notice it.

It is indeed fucked up how cool summers have become in New York in recent years. Here on Long Island where I live, it's very often too cool to be at the beach in the evening. That's because most days temps are in the low 80's. 90 degree heat waves now rare events and 100 degree heat waves dont exist anymore as they did when I was a kid....very fucked up.

Biggest change in New York is that cold/cool weather now lasts 10 months a year....wearing hoodies well into June....st00pid.

• Banned

It is indeed fucked up how cool summers have become in New York in recent years. Here on Long Island where I live, it's very often too cool to be at the beach in the evening. That's because most days temps are in the low 80's. 90 degree heat waves now rare events and 100 degree heat waves dont exist anymore as they did when I was a kid....very fucked up.

Biggest change in New York is that cold/cool weather now lasts 10 months a year....wearing hoodies well into June....st00pid.

Hahaha, good joke.

Forum List

Back