NY Lawmakers To Try Again To Pass 'Toxic Toy' Bill

R

rdean

NY Lawmakers To Try Again To Pass Toxic Toy Bill

Two New York state lawmakers have reintroduced legislation intended to ban the use of toxic chemicals in children's toys — but the legislation continues to face opposition from toy manufacturers.

Republican Sen. Phil Boyle and Democratic Assemblyman Steve Englebright said Monday they will push the legislation again after it failed to pass the state Senate last year.

----------------------------

I can understand Democrats opposing poisoning children to make a buck, but Republicans???? I'm shocked!

Would Republicans be willing to use their children for a safety check? Don't worry about it as long as my kids are OK?

what is with the people there. They like being led around by their government

what a waste

I'm pretty sure there are already laws on the books prohibiting the use of toxic chemicals in children's toys, which lawmaker is trying to get a "feel good about themselves" law passed?

Two New York state lawmakers have reintroduced legislation intended to ban the use of toxic chemicals in children's toys — but the legislation continues to face opposition from toy manufacturers.

Republican Sen. Phil Boyle and Democratic Assemblyman Steve Englebright said Monday they will push the legislation again after it failed to pass the state Senate last year.

I can understand Democrats opposing poisoning children to make a buck, but Republicans???? I'm shocked!

Would Republicans be willing to use their children for a safety check? Don't worry about it as long as my kids are OK?

Whoda thunk the toy lobby was so badass? Can only picture Robin Willians from "Toys" :)

I'm pretty sure there are already laws on the books prohibiting the use of toxic chemicals in children's toys, which lawmaker is trying to get a "feel good about themselves" law passed?
Isn't that too much "government interference" for Republicans to be able to take?

if you were not so obsessed you would not be so shocked....

Its really a law to ban scary sounding chemicals, that when bound in a solid phase at the concentrations in question pose zero risk to children, but they sound scary and thus need to be banned to make us feel good, and since most of them are in plastics, "Glubul wurming"

Forum List

Back