NY gov says he tried coke and pot in his youth

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
NEW YORK (CNN) -- New York Gov. David Paterson admitted during a television interview Monday that he used cocaine and marijuana during his early twenties.

Appearing on an NY-1 political show, Paterson was asked about using cocaine and said he'd "tried it a couple of times" when he was "22 or 23." About marijuana, he said he hadn't touched it "since the late 70s."

Paterson said that during his 2006 campaign for lieutenant governor he had been asked on camera about drug use.

He said he had answered "in the affirmative."

Paterson, 53, became governor of New York a week ago after Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned amid his alleged connection to a prostitution ring.

more ... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/24/ny.gov.drug.use/index.html

Well Hell, time to crucify this guy too.:badgrin:

bliiiiinded by the liight.. wrapped up like a duce another roller in the night..

sexual trysts.. drugs.... this guy is going to be a slugger.

bliiiiinded by the liight.. wrapped up like a duce another roller in the night..

sexual trysts.. drugs.... this guy is going to be a slugger.

He is doing exactly what he should. He is destroying any attempt to drum up campaigns to get rid of him by openly admitting to past discretions. He may also be destroying any chance he will ever get elected if he runs.

He is doing exactly what he should. He is destroying any attempt to drum up campaigns to get rid of him by openly admitting to past discretions. He may also be destroying any chance he will ever get elected if he runs.

certainly, he should be honest about it... but I find his behaviour and that of Spitzer mere shades of gray.

You're correct as to the first part.... he's a very good politician. As to the second part, well, in the bible belt, he might not be put back in office. But NY'ers really like him as of right now. I don't see him losing an election bid.

Also, unlike Spitzer, he's a very nice guy, so people aren't going to be as quick to try to ruin him. They may try to beat him, but it won't have the same personal venom.

Who hasn't? I don't think I've ever met anyone who's never tried pot or coke.

But then, I haven't been to any christian youth bible retreats.

There are probably more than a few people who haven't tried coke. I doubt seriously you would find them all in any christian youth bible retreats.

Some of you people and your skewed ideas. We used to go out to the parking lot between Sunday School and church service and burn one.

That I couldn't care less if a politician used drugs in the past.

Just looking for clarification. I would have to qualify your statement. I don't particularly care if they used "some" drugs for recreational purposes in the past.

If they have a set a tracks on their arms that rival the Santa Fe Railroad, I think I might take issue with that.

Just looking for clarification. I would have to qualify your statement. I don't particularly care if they used "some" drugs for recreational purposes in the past.

If they have a set a tracks on their arms that rival the Santa Fe Railroad, I think I might take issue with that.

:lol:

Looking back I guess my answer was a bit ambiguous ... I can understand your concern with a tracked up arm ... that would make me uneasy too ... but many addicts that fight their demons and win end up giving back their share and more to their community ... they'll get right in there and can relate to another addict on a level that others just aren't capbale of ... that said ... I do have a problem with a politician actively using drugs in office ... to me, that's a no-no.

You're correct as to the first part.... he's a very good politician. As to the second part, well, in the bible belt, he might not be put back in office. But NY'ers really like him as of right now. I don't see him losing an election bid.

Also, unlike Spitzer, he's a very nice guy, so people aren't going to be as quick to try to ruin him. They may try to beat him, but it won't have the same personal venom.

He seems like a very down to earth guy. I also like how he came out at a press conference and revealed that he and his wife had had an open marriage at one time when things weren't going so well between them, thereby stooping any scandal mongerers in their tracks. I'm glad to see that this country is moving in a direction where politician's sex lives are of less and less importance and real issues matter more.

He seems like a very down to earth guy. I also like how he came out at a press conference and revealed that he and his wife had had an open marriage at one time when things weren't going so well between them, thereby stooping any scandal mongerers in their tracks. I'm glad to see that this country is moving in a direction where politician's sex lives are of less and less importance and real issues matter more.

We were seated at the same table at a wedding a bunch of years ago, and he was very pleasant. And I ran into him, probably in June, at a political dinner. He was very polite during the brief moment I said hello to him. And I know that he got con ed to keep talking so there wouldn't be a strike. It seems very important to him to get things done in the least contentious way possible. After Spitzer (whom I thought would have eventually been a political shooting star, btw) that type of lighter touch is a very welcome thing. (Spitzer, like Giuliani when he was mayor) seemed to enjoy stomping around and bullying people, which is why they couldn't wait to take him down).

I hope you're right about this country. Right now, I think the effect of a scandal will differ state to state.. and also depending on the nature of the scandal.

So then you have a problem with electing a man (mccain) who will bring an ex-junkie in as the first lady.

Forum List

Back