NY Bans Fracking .... AND 54,000 Jobs

Invest in renewable. Avoid pollution.

I have this idea for a clean energy source. I just need about three billion dollars in taxpayer funds to get it up in running.*

*If it doesn't actually pan out, I still get to keep the money.

THAT is your lack of understanding of science and technology, and your gullibility for all things emotional and irrational. :slap:

Is my lack of understanding due my tendency to believe the people who have suffered due to fracking caused water pollution or my tendency to disbelieve industry front groups who are paid to dispute that damage is being done?

I don't think following the money is irrational or emotional.
AP Fracking Opponent Claims Scientifically Unfounded

EPA Says No Evidence Fracking Polluted Water In Rural Pa.

Commonwealth Foundation - EPA Quietly Drops Flawed Fracking Study

Energy Department Fracking doesn t contaminate groundwater The Daily Caller

I looked a your links. If you cherry pick parts of some of them you can buy the story that fracking does not pollute.

Did you miss the part about the lady with well water the color of coffee with cream? Why is the oil company still buying people drinking water?

That's all I have to say about that.

I looked a your links. If you cherry pick parts of some of them you can buy the story that fracking does not pollute.

Did you miss the part about the lady with well water the color of coffee with cream? Why is the oil company still buying people drinking water?

Two other Liberal traits are lack of both perspective and priority. If you can cite that story I'd have a better understanding of the situation. The case may still be unresolved, and the company is buying the drinking water as a courtesy. "Guilty until proven innocent" is another of your traits. :slap:

Take a look at this one- Mother Nature denies a half million potable drinking water...

Toxic Algae Bloom Leaves 500 000 Without Drinking Water in Ohio

That's perspective.

Now for priority... Liberals care little to nothing about the effects of agriculture on the environment. They'll stop the Keystone XL by citing the importance of the Ogallala Aquifer, yet they don't acknowledge the fact that the aquifer was drained and polluted long ago by... agriculture.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/polluting-the-ogallala-aquifer.html?_r=0

So let's recap...

1) Lack of understanding of science and technology

2) Gullibility for all things emotional and irrational

3) Lack of perspective

4) Lack of priority

5) Guilty until proven innocent

Damn, youz Libtards is fugged up :slap:

Upstate and western New York should secede and form their own state. All of these economically hostile laws as well as the numerous onslaughts against people's rights by the state government are being carried out by New York City and the surrounding metro areas where people have vastly different views and needs from the people in the rest of the state. That small geographic area is controlling the entire state and ruining the livelihoods of people outside the city. The Rust Belt portion of New York could thrive again if it were out from under the thumb of NYC leftists.

I live in NYC and even I think that upstate gets the shaft. The only thing is they would want us to Take Westchester and Nassau/Suffolk with us.

It looks like the people of New York would rather have an unpolluted environment instead of temporary jobs that would mostly go to out-of-staters.

It looks like you're just pure conjecture without any evidence.

You are right. I have no evidence. Maybe the people of NY do want their well water to burst into flame while those drillers from Oklahoma and Texas get most of the jobs.

Was that the same as the ones in colorado, which was found to be from non-fracking sources? Or is this a case where the issue is the piping of the gas being defective, and thus an issue with gas removal in general, and not specific to fracking?

Run away, little mammal, run away.

You're right. How could pumping toxic chemicals into the ground pollute wells? Earth Quakes are good for us.

And the proof is in all those linked opinion articles.

How silly of me to think anyone would defend the oil industry for money.

You're right. How could pumping toxic chemicals into the ground pollute wells? Earth Quakes are good for us.

And the proof is in all those linked opinion articles.

How silly of me to think anyone would defend the oil industry for money.
Toxic chemicals? Such as? :dunno:

Are you the least bit concerned about the tens of millions of tons of chemicals spread across our farmlands from coast to coast? Of course you aren't. You're a Liberal. :slap:

Here are the "toxic chemicals" used in fracking...

Why Chemicals Are Used FracFocus Chemical Disclosure Registry

And here's the source for that page...

FracFocus Chemical Disclosure Registry

You'll find worse shit under your kitchen sink.

Forum List

Back