NY backs off rules on kickball, tag at day camps

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I found this pretty ironic. The Obama Administration has made raising awareness of childhood obesity one of their primary goals and here you have the State of New York (shocking, I know) actively attempting to keep kids from being active. :eusa_doh:

ALBANY, N.Y. – New York state health officials have yanked a set of proposed guidelines for what were initially deemed risky day camp games like tag, Red Rover and kickball.

Health department spokeswoman Claudia Hutton says the rules and lists of games and activities were sent out to municipalities and other camp operators under the previous administration.

She says that after a review spurred by a lawmaker's questions Friday and subsequent news reports, they've been judged too detailed and amount to micromanagement.

NY backs off rules on kickball, tag at day camps - Yahoo! News

Wow, they were considering passing such crud? We used to play dodgeball with basketballs while being lined up against a brick wall. It was always best to come away bloodied.

Yeah ... they're all part of the Perfect World Syndrome. I suggest they be put in padded cells so they can bang their heads long enough to determine if it gives them a headache ... my bad ... that would be cruel and unusual punishment for people taking all the fun out of childhood.

Wow, they were considering passing such crud? We used to play dodgeball with basketballs while being lined up against a brick wall. It was always best to come away bloodied.

Parents have turned their kids into a bunch of pussies these days. God forbid their child might get a cut or scrape. Don't let them play outside because stranger danger may get them. I'll never understand how we survived as kids. But it is our generation who grew up without overbearing parents and rules who now have become the overbearing and overprotective parents.

That's what I was just going to ask him too. :lol:

I actually saw the headline on Twitter.

Sure you did.

I listen to Hannity. That's no secret. Hannity was crying about that today and viola don't taze me saw it on twitter. Yeah, that's the ticket!

I personally can't stand him. I think he is an incessant whiner. I prefer Neal Boortz.

As me Boortz...Followed by Limbaugh, Then LEVIN...

Parents have turned their kids into a bunch of pussies these days. God forbid their child might get a cut or scrape. Don't let them play outside because stranger danger may get them. I'll never understand how we survived as kids. But it is our generation who grew up without overbearing parents and rules who now have become the overbearing and overprotective parents.

Fact is We *DID*...now we have petulant Statist PUSSIES changing the rules of LIFE.

I found this pretty ironic. The Obama Administration has made raising awareness of childhood obesity one of their primary goals and here you have the State of New York (shocking, I know) actively attempting to keep kids from being active. :eusa_doh:

ALBANY, N.Y. – New York state health officials have yanked a set of proposed guidelines for what were initially deemed risky day camp games like tag, Red Rover and kickball.

Health department spokeswoman Claudia Hutton says the rules and lists of games and activities were sent out to municipalities and other camp operators under the previous administration.

She says that after a review spurred by a lawmaker's questions Friday and subsequent news reports, they've been judged too detailed and amount to micromanagement.

Common sense form a government agency? Did hell just freeze over?

Common sense form a government agency? Did hell just freeze over?

Pressure and Outrage brought Government Bureaucrats to their senses...albiet residuals won't last long...

Did anyone read the actual article? Or just the headline?

The article says nothing about "banning" any games. The article is about the state removing regulations - not creating any.

Im pretty sure they are a god idea.
competition is a bad idea.

The article says nothing about "banning" any games. The article is about the state removing regulations - not creating any.

Really nothing about permits and new staff?
I didnt read it but Ill bet its there.

:rofl:

Did you?

The article is about the state backing down from imposing regulations after everyone in the world laughed at them.

:rofl:

Did you?

The article is about the state backing down from imposing regulations after everyone in the world laughed at them.

Wait.....

So you're "outraged" that they realized they were wrong, and changed the policy?

I don't get it. Isn't this a good thing?

Forum List

Back