NY activist judges allow same sex marriage

You dont seem to freaking get it. Even if you somehow proved it "natural" how does that make it right? Hatred, fear, intolerance, violence, dishonesty etc. are very natural human activities. does that make them right?

Gays don't point to homosexuality in nature to prove that it is "right"; this is a common fallacy. We hold it to be self-evident that homosexuality is "right". But this is based on our knowledge that homosexuality is a) not harmful to others (if you use protection and screening for sexual partners) and b) completely natural.

The reason that gays point to homosexuality in nature is to point out that animals have neither the cause nor the ability to make a "choice" about sexuality. Their societies are not effected by self-awareness or any of the other external environmental factors that anti-gays believe lead to a "choice" in people to be gay. Therefore, the same could be (and is) true among homo sapiens.

musicman said:
By that yardstick, then, no man enjoys the same rights as women. Neither of us has the right to an abortion. Who do we see about that?

Uh, men *can't* have abortions, so why would they want the right to have one?

Bullypulpit said:
It is only an offense to your beliefs. No demonstrable harm there.
no its not. they are attempting to harm my mental status with this crap. and anyone that has any little bit of religeon in them should say the same thing. right in the bible it says that its an abomination. of are the fags re-writting that to fit their agenda? well why not, they do it for anything else.

Bullypulpit said:
The very least you could be accused of for wanting to marry your dog is cruelty to animals. Consensual sexual relations between consenting adults is at issue here, not the ludicrous crap you're using as an example. You and Rick Santorum should spend some time together, I'm sure you'd have alot to talk about.

Oh, and is it OK for a man to have a woman fellate him or engage in anal sex with him? If so, what's the difference?
boys have a penis girls have a vagina. kind of like insert tab A into slot B. now, granted fags can apply the same rules. but sooner or later someones ass is going to give away. hes going to lean over to pass some gas and hes going to shit his pants. thus making faggish behavior like that harmful.
as for getting head from a male or a female. guys aint supposed to put dicks in any part of their body!

nakedemperor said:
Gays don't point to homosexuality in nature to prove that it is "right"; this is a common fallacy. We hold it to be self-evident that homosexuality is "right".
well shit shaniqua, i guess cause queers say it right makes it so?

MoltenLava said:
Bullypulpit wrote t OCA:

I think it would also be tremendously funny to be in the room with Mr. OCA were he ever to discover that the "Soprano's" actor that he has depicted in his avatar is an extreme liberal. I think that would be highly amusing.

And, yes, though I am new here, the truth of it precedes me: when the argument is thoughtful, well researched, considerate of another's posters feelings, and completely lacking in verbal attacks and childish name-calling, inevitably that person is a liberal.

No he's not, prove your assertion. In actuality he is a former member of the Colombo mob of New York turned actor. You're full of shit. Don't pass off crap here without backing it up this isn't DU and we're not going to take you at face value.

OCA said:
No he's not, prove your assertion. In actuality he is a former member of the Colombo mob of New York turned actor. You're full of shit. Don't pass off crap here without backing it up this isn't DU and we're not going to take you at face value.
hey dont chase him off, we wanna fuck with him

Bullypulpit said:
Well, since you seem to be completely lacking any genuine understanding of Christian doctrine, I figure I might as well try to set you upon the path of righteousness...Even though it really seems to be a case of casting pearls before swine.

Well maybe so but at least I know right from wrong and have common sense both which are readily apparent to be lacking in your anti-American self. Sir you are an enemy of the constitution.

It all boils down to prejudice, insecurity as to their own sexuality and the fear which this engenders.[/QUOTE]

That is complete bullshit and psychobabble and it probably works on your crowd with low intelligence but not here, here you are outgunned.

Bully you are simply afraid to make a stand based on what is CLEARLY right and what is wrong. You are morally bankrupt.

[QUOTE=BullypulpitOf course, this marginalizes all straight couples who cannot, or choose not, to have children. This, like all the rest of their arguments, fails to hold any water.

It all boils down to MAN AND WOMAN Bully. Its all good if its MAN AND WOMAN like it was intended since the beginning of time. The rest of your baseless arguments aren't worth the bandwidth.

nakedemperor said:
Well, since I believe it to be a matter of constitutional interpretation, it should be for the courts to decide.

You want the courts to decide because you know with the voters you don't have a chance in hell. You know that it is much easier to win 1 judge's consent and then thwart the will of the people thereby undermining democracy. Its not going to happen, the people have had enough.

Bullypulpit said:
The legitimization of loving, committed relationships between same-gender couples results in no demonstrable harm to anyone.

And demonstrable harm, or lack thereof, to oneself, another or both are the yardsticks by which our actions are to be measured...Objective consequences in the here and now rather than in some "after-life".

LMFAO! You still don't get it, it has nothing to do with harm to others, it has to do with what is right and what is wrong, why is that hard for you? Are you retarded?

Speeding causes no harm to anyone but still the state says I can't do it and if I do it i'll be fined. You're argument leaks water everywhere.

Bullypulpit said:
It is only an offense to your beliefs. No demonstrable harm there.

Bully thinks its wonderful for a guy to fuck another guy in the ass. This taints all his views on any subject here.

mattskramer said:
Hello. I'm still here & interested in the topic of gay marriage. My view has changed little if at all. Government should treat people on an individual basis without respect to race or marital status. It should not be involved with granting marriage licenses. Marriage is simply a commitment, an agreement, that one individual makes with another individual via informed consent. The individuals involved can apply to their particular marriage their beliefs (or other understanding) as they see fit.

I continue to see the old fallacious and irrelevant points made by people who try to support the position that gay marriage should not be allowed.

Examples include:

"Marriage has always been understood to be between an man and a woman" (Something having a tradition does not make that thing right. It was understood that women were not to vote, and that Blacks were property)

"Marriage is for having children" (Some couples choose not to have children. Single people choose to have children. Some individuals or couples choose to adopt children, use sperm banks, or surrogate mothers. Having a child and being married are 2 different things)

"The Bible defines marriage" (We don't live in a theocratic state. People are not obligated to live by the Bible or to even believe in its message. Even if we assume that every sentence of the Bible is true, there are many instructions regarding marriage that even the most devout Christian may oppose)

"It is just normal" (This is a very subjective claim. What someone may feel to be a normal/natural behavior, another person my think is disgusting and abnormal. Is smoking normal? I know some people who think that it is one of the most natural and enjoyable things to do. Personally, I think that it is a filthy, disgusting, abnormal, and sickening thing to do. (Yet, I would not call on government to outlaw it))

Anyway, hello again. I wonder who else is still around.
Take care.

ROTFLMFAO! The lone nut rides again. You're views have been torn to shreds here hundreds of times, better do some reading.

OCA said:
LMFAO! You still don't get it, it has nothing to do with harm to others, it has to do with what is right and what is wrong, why is that hard for you? Are you retarded?

Speeding causes no harm to anyone but still the state says I can't do it and if I do it i'll be fined. You're argument leaks water everywhere.

No, you STILL fail to understand. Right and wrong, to have any meaning at all must be discussed in terms of consequences. That which leads to the harm of oneself, another or both is wrong. That which is beneficial to oneself, another or both is right. Committed, long term, monogamous relationships between same-gender couples causes no demonstrable harm to you, or anyone else. How much simpler can I make it for you?

Smoking kills some 400,000 people on a yearly basis, yet it remains legal. Your similes suck and your arguments are no better.

OCA said:
Well maybe so but at least I know right from wrong and have common sense both which are readily apparent to be lacking in your anti-American self. Sir you are an enemy of the constitution.

And you, sir, are an ass... - Cyrano De Bergerac

Forum List

Back