NY-23 Reality Check

I heard Scozzafava was going to drop out

This may all be moot

When or if he's proven wrong,does he ever apologize? People can be wrong and that's just the way it is. He has clearly impugned the integrity of the pollsters who conducted this particular poll. If proven wrong he should have the decency to come back and apologize to them. Criticizing and impugning is real easy but admitting you were wrong and apologizing is much much harder. Just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com

October 31, 2009
Republican Dede Scozzafava drops out of NY-23 race
Posted: October 31st, 2009 11:33 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Producer Emily Sherman

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Republican Dede Scozzafava dropped out of New York's 23rd District special election Saturday, citing a slip in the polls as a factor contributing to her decision.

"In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be," Scozzafava said in a statement released by her campaign.

"The reality that I've come to accept is that in today's political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money, and as I've been outspent on both sides, I've been unable to effectively address many of the charges that have been made about my record."

The announcement was made as the latest Sienna Research poll shows Scozzafava trailing Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman and Democrat Bill Owens by 15 points. Hoffman and Owens are locked in a neck-and-neck battle in next Tuesday's contest.

Nate didn't impugn anybody. You don't read so well. As for criticizing, that's what he does and then he backs up his critique with stats and reasons. It's not a critique of anything other than the methods and how accurate he thinks the polls will be. Saying a sampling taken over a weekend and that Saturday is a less than optimal day to get an accurate example than other days of the week is not impugning, it is criticizing, but not in the sense you want to foist.

Get over yourself.

His analysis was that this poll was not credible or correct. So if Hoffman does win i expect Nate and his gang to come back and apologize to these pollsters. That would be the honorable thing to do. Just sayin. :)

Nobody will know if the poll was correct or not. Election polls don't predict the future.

He did criticize them by questioning their credibility. It doesn't matter that he used math to do it. He simply used his own fuzzy math to question their integrity which makes me now question his own integrity. It just seems like you and Nate want to have it both ways. You and him are questioning their integrity but you're also "not" really questioning their integrity. Either you are or you aren't. You don't get to have it both ways. You also said that Nate is "Never" wrong which i find incredibly hard to believe. This kind of statement only makes me question Nate's credibility even more. Everyone is wrong sometimes. It looks like you and Nate have set up some kind of fool-proof system of criticizing others and their credibility without ever being held accountable when proven wrong. You guys just simply say "We're never wrong" and that's it. Is this mentality really all that credible? No accountability = No credibility as far as i'm concerned. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Someone made a good point the other day. These partisan interest groups privately commission these polls with these largely unknown pollsters, but if they don't get the results they like, they simply bury the poll.

October 31, 2009

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Republican Dede Scozzafava dropped out of New York's 23rd District special election Saturday, citing a slip in the polls as a factor contributing to her decision.

"In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be," Scozzafava said in a statement released by her campaign.

"The reality that I've come to accept is that in today's political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money, and as I've been outspent on both sides, I've been unable to effectively address many of the charges that have been made about my record."

The announcement was made as the latest Sienna Research poll shows Scozzafava trailing Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman and Democrat Bill Owens by 15 points. Hoffman and Owens are locked in a neck-and-neck battle in next Tuesday's contest.
That is an interesting turn of events.

We will have out answer soon on whther people want more of the same or something different.

Criticizing and impugning really is very easy but admitting you're wrong and apologizing is much much harder. Nate and his gang claim that he's "Never" wrong which makes anyone with common sense begin to question Nate's own credibility. No one is "Never" wrong. Nuff said.

October 31, 2009

We will have out answer soon on whther people want more of the same or something different.

We know the answer right now..

With Scozzafava dropping out, it is Hoffmans seat

No brainer

October 31, 2009

Redstate had a scathing commentary on that today with a scathing criticism of the GOP for funneling more than $900,000 to Scozzafava. This is probably on their website, but from my morning email, Erick Erickson writes:

Relationships between the Republican establishment in Washington and the conservative movement are in rubble. Thanks to Pete Sessions, Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, NOT Doug Hoffman, there is new inspiration for a third party movement to challenge the GOP - a movement that will only help the Democrats.

Good men in the GOP are now going to be challenged in primaries because of the ill-will the NRCC has generated in New York's 23rd Congressional District.

Make no mistake about it, the NRCC and the RNC must shoulder the blame for this fiasco. As has now been reported and confirmed, it was the Beltway Elite who pressured the New York GOP to choose Scozzafava.

I have said all along that victory for the GOP base in NY-23 was a Scozzafava defeat. We should, however, rally to Doug Hoffman and help him win. Notwithstanding that, the time is now to be magnanimous in victory, but we must demand accountability.

Much the same situation exists in the New Jersey governor's race where the party machine got behind the old boy party guy instead of the conservative. As that split the money and the votes, that could easily cost the GOP that election.

Much the same situation exists in the New Jersey governor's race where the party machine got behind the old boy party guy instead of the conservative. As that split the money and the votes, that could easily cost the GOP that election.

Chris Cristie won the Republican Primary for Governor.

It was the Republican voters who selected him by a wide margin over his conservative opponent

Chris Cristie won the Republican Primary for Governor.

It was the Republican voters who selected him by a wide margin over his conservative opponent

Yes, those who back the Party Machine and prominent spokespersons such as Newt Gingrich point that out too. It is the sad fact of modern politics that the one who gets the money is more often the won who wins the elections. Qualifications, credentials, suitability etc. have much less to do with who gets elected than does who gets the money because the one who gets the money gets the face time and name recognition far more than anybody else.

There is no denying, however, that the Republican Party is organized and controls the debate much better than any third party movement at this time. Christie as an 'old guard' Republican gets the nod, and Doggett, the candidate who represents more of the views that many of us want from our elected leaders, receives much less help. The result?: Doggett could easily wind up being the spoiler and the Democrat will be elected. It really does suck that you have to be a Republican or a Democrat to be elected to much of anything in this country.

Last edited:

October 31, 2009

No brainer
There are no absolutes in politics, i'll wait for the election results.

His analysis was that this poll was not credible or correct. So if Hoffman does win i expect Nate and his gang to come back and apologize to these pollsters. That would be the honorable thing to do. Just sayin. :)

So when will the people who pushed this poll and the other bogus R poll come back and apologize??:lol:

October 31, 2009

No brainer
The moderate Christie won in a Liberal state, but the CON$ervative Hoffman could not even win in a CON$ervative district after being endorsed by Palin and LimpBoy!!!!!
So much for the "CON$ervative ascendency." :rofl:

Conservatism on the Ascendency
October 23, 2009
RUSH:* Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum have now thrown down in the New York election.* They have endorsed Doug Hoffman.* Talk radio has thrown down, ditto Florida.* Conservatism is in the ascendancy. Conservatives are ascending, money is flowing and we're turning a corner.

So when will the people who pushed this poll and the other bogus R poll come back and apologize??:lol:

I guess the answer is no.:lol:

Forum List

Back