NY-23: Hoffman Announces 2010 Congressional Bid

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Given how much of a trainwreck he became in the closing days of the campaign, the entry of this particular high profile Republican candidate might actually be good news for the Democratic incumbent:
Doug Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate in the NY-23 special election in 2009, has officially announced that he’s running again this year against Democratic Rep. Bill Owens, who defeated Hoffman last fall.

Hoffman announced in a press release Monday night that he would be seeking the nominations of the Republican, Conservative and Independence parties, “and unite them, as one team, to defeat the agenda of Nancy Pelosi and Bill Owens.”

READ MORE Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Oh boy..Another Politician that can’t take a beating and just go away..Sound like someone familier?..Like Sarah Palin maybe?

For those of you who can’t remember this guy, He’s the one who couldn’t name a single issue of importance to the NY23 district..He was also the first Tea-Partier to run in an election..He helped Democrats win a seat they hadn’t held in over 100 years..

I sure hope he is as successful this time around!

No more fake Jake Starkey "Republicans" nominating Dede ScuzzyLibriods in NY-23.

For those of you who can’t remember this guy, He’s the one who couldn’t name a single issue of importance to the NY23 district..He was also the first Tea-Partier to run in an election..He helped Democrats win a seat they hadn’t held in over 100 years..

Yet, he didn't lose by much, and that was without the backing of the republican party. If he has the backing of the republican party, then maybe it'll make the difference.

I personally don't care too much.

Yet, he didn't lose by much, and that was without the backing of the republican party. If he has the backing of the republican party, then maybe it'll make the difference.

I personally don't care too much.

He also had the personal endorsements of Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and the majority of the Republican right wing

He also managed to lose a seat that was in Republican hands for 150 years

Hoffman will probably lose. Even the most republican parts of New York State are more moderate than Hoffman. I've spent a lot of time working on local elections in that area (The North Country). The only reason I didn't work on that race is because Owens ran out of money and couldn't afford us.

at least get your facts straight! Hoffman ran as the "Conservative Party" candidate, not a Republican or Tea Party candidate. Had Dede Scozzafava (or whatever her name was) won, we'd have still had a Democrat in the seate. She's a liberal, a RINO. No loss.

I'd trade the Governor's seat in NJ and VA over one insignificant congressional district any day. Conservatives win when they are CONSERVATIVE. You'll see that in November.....

Well, now that he can get the party nod, I expect he will win.

He had amazing support as he ran as a conservative. He will keep that support easily and the other Republicans will likely back him as well. Democrats dont have a chance. It's not a 3 man race now.

He should run as a Conservative Party candidate again. It would really spice things up in Congress if he won, possibly opening the door for libertarian candidates as well.

I think if an actual conservative movement started winning seats as opposed to the GOP, it would force the GOP to return to their principles and shift their platform rightward as opposed to their losing strategy of appeasing moderates.

Nothing says anything better than actually winning seats. Threaten the grip of the GOP on right-wing politics and you have a catalyst for success.

Last edited:
Given how much of a trainwreck he became in the closing days of the campaign, the entry of this particular high profile Republican candidate might actually be good news for the Democratic incumbent:
Doug Hoffman, the Conservative Party candidate in the NY-23 special election in 2009, has officially announced that he’s running again this year against Democratic Rep. Bill Owens, who defeated Hoffman last fall.

Hoffman announced in a press release Monday night that he would be seeking the nominations of the Republican, Conservative and Independence parties, “and unite them, as one team, to defeat the agenda of Nancy Pelosi and Bill Owens.”

Oh boy..Another Politician that can’t take a beating and just go away..Sound like someone familier?..Like Sarah Palin maybe?

You wish Sarah Palin would go away? Then why do the liberals keep bringing her up? Haven't you ever heard the logical idea that if you ignore something long enough, it will lose interest and go away? She tried...oh did she try. She stepped down from her governorship in the shadow of a deluge of stupid lawsuits designed to drag her into a stalemate of litegation, and then she's thrown back into the spotlight and accused of being a quitter. So every democrat that ever resigned is a quitter too...right?

Everytime she speaks, the liberal media have something to say. And then you complain about her not going away. Sarah Palin is only as popular as the dingbat democrats and loony liberals have made her into.

You wish Sarah Palin would go away? Then why do the liberals keep bringing her up? Haven't you ever heard the logical idea that if you ignore something long enough, it will lose interest and go away? She tried...oh did she try. She stepped down from her governorship in the shadow of a deluge of stupid lawsuits designed to drag her into a stalemate of litegation, and then she's thrown back into the spotlight and accused of being a quitter. So every democrat that ever resigned is a quitter too...right?

Everytime she speaks, the liberal media have something to say. And then you complain about her not going away. Sarah Palin is only as popular as the dingbat democrats and loony liberals have made her into.

Seriously, are you attempting to claim that Sarah Palin doesn't want the spotlight, and has been trying to avoid it?

Why the fuck is she on FOX now? Why does she keep "twittering"? How about the half million dollar speaking engagements?

All of the media coverage of her has been reactionary - as in, reacting to something she said or did.

I saw a great piece about Hoffman in the Watertown paper. While he made being against earmarks a major component in his campaign, he just agreed with Owens' request for millions in spending for the district.

Forum List

Back