Nurse to Stand Trial for Reporting Doctor

Looks like that bitch went a little too far and stuck her nose where it shouldn't have been!

Let's hope she goes to jail for a REAL long time!!!

GO DOCS!!!

ROFL!

But seriously folks...

I have a legal and ethical obligation to report harmful, unethical or illegal practice on the part of any member of the health care team or health care institution; failure to do so puts my license at risk.

Last edited:
as long as you allow the ama to police itself...you will have this...they circle the wagons and protect each other to the hilt and could care less if a few nurses get their licenses revoked....by and by a lot of doctors suck and their peers know it...but they all just cover it up....peers...hospital boards....insurance ....amazing...people will look into law suits and never realize most are settled and not made public....

Well, in this case the State Board of Medicine is backing the nurses 100%.

Looks like that bitch went a little too far and stuck her nose where it shouldn't have been!

GO DOCS!!!

ROFL!

But seriously folks...

I have a legal and ethical obligation to report harmful, unethical or illegal practice on the part of any member of the health care team or health care institution; failure to do so puts my license at risk.

So are you now scared to do so in light of the article?

Are you talking about personal or professional ethics?

I'm curious if they would have been caught if they didn't use the work computer. And I bet the doc will be using the effed up HIPAA regs. to go after them. It's possible that they compromised the poor rubber finger guy's identity.

Hopefully they will win and encourage more nurses to speak out. We had a situation in our local hospital years ago that uncovered that many of the babies were being delivered by the nurses; not doctors. It took a tragedy for the practice to stop.

I bet the nurses by and large did a better job.

Before Lister came along with his sanitary reforms, having your wife deliver in a hospital under the care of a doctor was next to murder. Midwives were a lot safer.

GO DOCS!!!

ROFL!

But seriously folks...

This doctor is a friggin idiot!

If he had not said anything, the state medical board would have investigated, told him to improve, and made him sign something. It would not have become a public issue and no one would have ever known about it. That is the way state medical boards function.

Instead, he made a big deal about it, it became national news (going so far as to be discussed on USMB!) and now he is in the spotlight as a sucky doctor. He will lose and will not be able to work anymore.

Which is a good thing.

This doctor is a friggin idiot!

If he had not said anything, the state medical board would have investigated, told him to improve, and made him sign something. It would not have become a public issue and no one would have ever known about it. That is the way state medical boards function.

Instead, he made a big deal about it, it became national news (going so far as to be discussed on USMB!) and now he is in the spotlight as a sucky doctor. He will lose and will not be able to work anymore.

Which is a good thing.

I think this proves the doctor's level of good judgement, which is one more reason he needs to be a something else for a living.

as long as you allow the ama to police itself...you will have this...they circle the wagons and protect each other to the hilt and could care less if a few nurses get their licenses revoked....by and by a lot of doctors suck and their peers know it...but they all just cover it up....peers...hospital boards....insurance ....amazing...people will look into law suits and never realize most are settled and not made public....

Well, in this case the State Board of Medicine is backing the nurses 100%.
Perhaps because it IS Texas

Forum List

Back