Number of Jobs Added in August?

No Care, I am sorry, to an extent I disagree.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?

So the fact that the jobs created by the stimulus money have effectively run out because the money ran out, and now the rest of the economy is still not creating enough demand to justify private sector job growth,

how is that Obama's fault?

We're an economy that is 70% consumer driven and consumption is remaining slack.

you're right its not his fault, or responsibility its the rep house oh wait no, its the rep senate!! no wait, they didn't have the senate either.......:eusa_think:

*snap* got it, its BOOOOOSH!

maybe the stimulus was fragged ? maybe it was not the way to go?maybe his holding up the housing market (and even to this very day allowing the DOJ to pt a gun to banks heads to lend to sub primers) ...nope not him has got be, well anyone else. hes just the president.

Do you even know what the point of a stimulus program is, when the economy is in recession?

Nothing the republicans do effects the economy.

ONLY the things done by democrats effect the economy.

UNless of course the effects are good then those effects are directly creditable to each an everhy republican no matter what they said or did.

Someday the party that cavails about people taking responsibility will take responsibility for what they do.

When that day comes I will have respect for the republican party once more.

There was a time in our history that I would hvave been a republican because of what the stood for.

That day is long gone and it appears a retuyrn to that is long off.

When you do things like swing the debt ceiling arround like and axe and scream and cheer for the country to default on its debts very few CEOs are going to hire ANYONE while you flail like madmen.

Let's all thank the Tea Tards....cut government spending to the bone, then wonder where all the jobs went

Thank you Tea Party!

Good job boys.

LOL!

Look around, look at Obama's approval ratings... No one buys that weak minded load of shit Swallow lol!

Hahaha, “The Tea Party! Soon enough a volcano will erupt, “Tea Party did it!” A mosquito will bite you, “Tea Party did it! The TP is the new Simpsons, Tea Party did it!

Tea party is in the WhiteHouse? They're setting policy and not the branches of our government??

You are indeed an idiot winger, swallow

And you're still a flaming quiff. No swallow for you little fagolita.

Which of the 20 or so bills passed by the house concerned jobs? Eh?

Laziest congress in history. Also the rudiest and the most stupid.
The democrats had 4 years to fix this whereare their jobs? Oh that right the stimulus census jobs ran out after the census was over. How come most of the stimulus money went to the public sectors union jobs?

When the tea party has been in control of anything for more than 4 years we can talk.

Let me get this straight....Bush's economy crashed with him as president and a democrat Congress and Senate....and it's Bush's fault.

The economy sucks with Obama as president along with a democratic Senate and a republican Congress....and it's the republicans fault.
Am I seeing this right? :confused:

in the minds of left wingers that about sums it up.

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

It's Congress that is failing YOU here.....

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?
january's 2009's unemployment rate was 7.8%, and February's 8.2%....and this did come from the Bush era, that can not be denied....so although you praise Bush for running a 5% unemployment rate it is NOT what his presidential term left this country with....

would you have preferred the Depression, without any stimulus?

I am not certain.... I was against the stimulus for the Banks and for us when they first were being proposed and stuck with that position for a while....

I understand how you feel about government jobs being protected with stimulus monies....but wasn't that up to the States? The States chose to use the money to save some of their citizen's jobs....they could have cut them and used more of the money for projects....no?

I can't imagine the state of the economy with even more people on unemployment with less money to spend in the market place....and more homes hitting foreclosure at once.

but at the same time, my husband's job in the public sector was not protected with our tax monies...so it can be viewed as 'unfair'.

much of the stimulus was used to pay for unemployment, and for tax breaks....we don't know what that has brought to the economy, but I can only imagine with less monies in the hands of the people, it would have been worse....hard to imagine it being any worse...but it probably would have been.

Our problem is Congress never showing restraint on their spending on frivolous and pet project things, on wars, on defense spending in general, on adding new programs like Medicare part D pill bill without showing it could be paid for, the new upcoming health care bill too except it hasn't gone in to effect yet so this is added spending for the future....these other things are lingering things that continue to add to our deficits.....and these are ALL things that CONGRESS is in charge of....

congress has done a cruddy job the last 10 years.

It's easy to blame bush and blame obama.....but they can not and never have, single handedly 'saved the world' or saved our economy...

that tax break thing is sooo over played care, do you know that the money for green jobs as in subsidies is counted as a tax break? etc.ask howard fienstien.

the tax breaks we needed and that we will eventually have, are a re work of the tax code, for all of the new found hey lets do it from the dems they had 2 years to do it didn't they? obama? what was his plan? 97-0...thats what and then a plan that CBO could not score becasue he refused to put it on paper?....just spend.

what happened to the Erskine-Bowles commission? the dems have not done a budget in 900 days......hello. the battles over the last months have been an attempt ot try and stop the bleeding, debt ceiling? a plan by reid and obama to wait till the last minute so the reps would own it, in harrys words...hello? that took how much time and effort ?

look, they are in the end all to blame but everytime there comes time for a gut check, its never ever obamas fault, he floats above it as he designed his plan to do just that, whats the point then if we have a change next year? if the pres. is powerless and has zip responsibility then elect elect mickey mouse.

and stepping back for a moment every damn bird that fell from a tree in the 2000's was bush and the rep congresses fault, I know better BUT will not sit here and allow obama and his supra and reconciliation majority blunders pass as if hey its the reps or the house or the senate etc etc ..this hey its everyones fault took a powder in jan 07 becasue the media wanted it that way, it took a powder when obama was elected, it was only bushs fault, well the worm has turned and I am not gonna go along with this avoidance, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.......he owns this, period, full stop.

Last edited:
This is not something that was not expected. I've been saying this for 6 months now that the economy is tanking, all you have to do is look at the causes. The high fuel prices and food prices are taking the discretionary funds from the average American family. They cannot spend on other things.

No spending=high inventory=less jobs=no income=no spending

Simple!!!

The only way to get out of that cycle is to change one of the factors. Reduce the price of fuel and food and people will have some money. Reduce the tax burden on the middle class and there will be some money to spend. Would a Bush era tax rebate work? Give the people money to spend? Many economists opinions differ.

Let me get this straight....Bush's economy crashed with him as president and a democrat Congress and Senate....and it's Bush's fault.

The economy sucks with Obama as president along with a democratic Senate and a republican Congress....and it's the republicans fault.

It's Obama's fault for acting like a Republican.

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

It's Congress that is failing YOU here.....

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

january's 2009's unemployment rate was 7.8%, and February's 8.2%....and this did come from the Bush era, that can not be denied....so although you praise Bush for running a 5% unemployment rate it is NOT what his presidential term left this country with....

would you have preferred the Depression, without any stimulus?

I am not certain.... I was against the stimulus for the Banks and for us when they first were being proposed and stuck with that position for a while....

I understand how you feel about government jobs being protected with stimulus monies....but wasn't that up to the States? The States chose to use the money to save some of their citizen's jobs....they could have cut them and used more of the money for projects....no?

I can't imagine the state of the economy with even more people on unemployment with less money to spend in the market place....and more homes hitting foreclosure at once.

but at the same time, my husband's job in the public sector was not protected with our tax monies...so it can be viewed as 'unfair'.

much of the stimulus was used to pay for unemployment, and for tax breaks....we don't know what that has brought to the economy, but I can only imagine with less monies in the hands of the people, it would have been worse....hard to imagine it being any worse...but it probably would have been.

Our problem is Congress never showing restraint on their spending on frivolous and pet project things, on wars, on defense spending in general, on adding new programs like Medicare part D pill bill without showing it could be paid for, the new upcoming health care bill too except it hasn't gone in to effect yet so this is added spending for the future....these other things are lingering things that continue to add to our deficits.....and these are ALL things that CONGRESS is in charge of....

congress has done a cruddy job the last 10 years.

It's easy to blame bush and blame obama.....but they can not and never have, single handedly 'saved the world' or saved our economy...

You don't seem to understand that taking money that COULD have been injected directly into the Private Sector through payroll tax cuts and capital gains tax cuts, money that WOULD have had an immediate stimulative effect on the economy and Private Sector job growth...and instead using that money to keep Public Sector employees working was a choice made by the Democrats and Barack Obama. They believed that they could stimulate the Economy by creating government jobs. Now that we've had a few years to judge the results of that choice, it's hard to understand why EVERYONE doesn't now know that you can't stimulate an economy by growing the Public Sector. It simply doesn't work.

And for THAT...I do blame Barack Obama. For a supposedly intelligent man, he's shown himself to understand very little about how economics works.

So obama lied about the change he was going to bring to D.C.?

:cuckoo:

The economy sucks with Obama as president along with a democrat Senate and a republican Congress....and it's the republicans fault.

yes you have that right and of course when Clinton had a rep house and senate for his last 6 years and we had a balanced budget, hes the man.....HE IS.....you got it right;)..

dems no fault forever, whenever whatever the make up of the congress and WH and all the glory, reps ? zip, now and forever.

Everything the House HAS sent to the Senate, Harry Reid has sat on. Everything the House has sent to the Senate Barack Obama has threatened to veto. We could have a balanced budget amendment right now. That was what the House "did". Unfortunately it was blocked by the Democrats. All the Republican majority in the House can do is prevent Obama, Reid and Pelosi from passing destructive legislation like Obama Care. They can't get any of their ideas passed until there is someone new in the White House and Harry Reid is no longer able to hold up their bills in the Senate. THEN you can blame the Republicans for not getting anything done.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

You really don't have a grasp of economics, do you? Every dollar that gets spent on the Public Sector has to come from dollars generated by the Private Sector. Every time you take capital out of the Private Sector to subsidize government you're taking the capital with which real jobs are created, out of the hands of the only people who can create them. A balanced budget would force the Public Sector to live within it's means and keep capital in the Private Sector where it would work to grow the economy.

The private sector is not short of capital. Deficit spending doesn't take money out of the private sector unless the private sector is willing to loan it. We are borrowing money all around the world to finance the 40% of our government that revenues don't pay for.

Cut 40% of our current government and you will have to lay off millions, permanently. Stop pretending that is a jobs plan.

That is not a jobs plan that is fiscal austerity plan. Fiscal austerity kills jobs it doesn't create them. You don't get to eat more when you go on a diet.

Local and state governments have been shrinking for 3 years. That accounts for a huge percentage of the jobs LOSSES. Those governments are doing what you want the federal government to do...

...the result will be the same.

Stop pretending that balancing the budget will create jobs.

Let's all thank the Tea Tards....cut government spending to the bone, then wonder where all the jobs went

hey, you got your pension and you're welcome.

the federal gov. should not be paying state workers and that fact has just been and is being born out, its over.

Looks like going along with the Republicans tax plan 8 months ago,

and giving Boehner '98%' of what he wanted on the debt ceiling bill last month,

didn't really work out so well, did it?

Now maybe some of you idiots on the right can understand why many of us liberals are sick of Obama acting like a Republican...

...and destroying the country in the process.

This is exactly the outcome Republicans..and Conservatives wanted.

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

They working overtime to achieve that.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

Like what?

The truth?

You guys absolutely hate the people that have been born. Unless of course they are brain dead..then you stop congress to make sure the family who is going broke to keep them in a state of brain deadness/body liveness has to continue doing it.

I don't see any conservatives upset over all the civilian deaths in Iraq..let alone the deaths of the Iraqi military. That was one big football game for yas. Oooorahhh. Look at em bomb Baghdad boys. And that country had nothing whatsoever to do with the event they were attacked over.

Obama came in to the whistle calls of Conservatives and Republicans hoping he "failed". What the fuck was that suppose to mean? That he "failed" cleaning up the big fat diarrhea crap of an economy left by Conservatives and Republicans? Well sir..you guys filibustered and blocked your way to this outcome. The present congress hasn't put up very much in terms of legislation except to try to dismantle health care, tax abortion, make absurd "amendments" to the constitution and other skullduggery. And it's hard to deal with the mindset that wants to put a torch to government because unless you are just as crazy..nothing is really going to work.

So they've nullified his presidency..and completely broke down government. It's dysfunctional now.

Good job..:clap2:

Last edited:
This is exactly the outcome Republicans..and Conservatives wanted.

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

They working overtime to achieve that.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

Whether it is the stated goal or not it is the result, there is no denying that at this point.

Did Obama not spend near a Trillion dollars on Stimulus? Did Obama not get Obamacare? Did the FED not spend Trillions on stimulus? Did Obama not do cash for clunkers and the housing credit…? All of these programs were meant to create jobs, yet here we are… Oh, I’m sorry, did these programs need to be done EVERY year???? LOL???

Point is, you like so many other partisan posters try and pawn the crap you supported off on the Tea Party now that it literally did exactly as predicted and failed. The whole of the country just ain't dumb enough to see it the way you are trying to claim things are.

Grow up, blame the spend spend policy being where we are today was 100% predicted… Evolve, just a little, I know you can do it.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

You really don't have a grasp of economics, do you? Every dollar that gets spent on the Public Sector has to come from dollars generated by the Private Sector. Every time you take capital out of the Private Sector to subsidize government you're taking the capital with which real jobs are created, out of the hands of the only people who can create them. A balanced budget would force the Public Sector to live within it's means and keep capital in the Private Sector where it would work to grow the economy.

The private sector is not short of capital. Deficit spending doesn't take money out of the private sector unless the private sector is willing to loan it. We are borrowing money all around the world to finance the 40% of our government that revenues don't pay for.

Cut 40% of our current government and you will have to lay off millions, permanently. Stop pretending that is a jobs plan.

That is not a jobs plan that is fiscal austerity plan. Fiscal austerity kills jobs it doesn't create them. You don't get to eat more when you go on a diet.

Local and state governments have been shrinking for 3 years. That accounts for a huge percentage of the jobs LOSSES. Those governments are doing what you want the federal government to do...

...the result will be the same.

Stop pretending that balancing the budget will create jobs.
Reaganomics worked, obamanomics not so much.

Forum List

Back