Number of Jobs Added in August?

I apologize...I temporarily forgot that our president is one of teflon where nothing sticks. :eusa_whistle:

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3861-kn081911dapr20110819124525.jpg

Why is Obama wasting all this time with a new Labor Secretary and his big fancy plan he is releasing next week?
Why doesn't he just take the standard messageboard liberal stance of "When are the Republicans...."?
He is wasting a lot of time that could be spent on the golf course.

Looks like going along with the Republicans tax plan 8 months ago,

and giving Boehner '98%' of what he wanted on the debt ceiling bill last month,

didn't really work out so well, did it?

Now maybe some of you idiots on the right can understand why many of us liberals are sick of Obama acting like a Republican...

...and destroying the country in the process.

Are you kidding me? What's going on right now is the result of 2 1/2 years of Barack Obama acting like a progressive. We spent a trillion dollars on a "stimulus" plan that didn't stimulate anything but the Public Sector and that only temporarily. We've got the costs of Obama Care and new EPA regulations looming over the Private Sector like some giant tidal wave. We've got a credit downgrade on our record because the Democrats wouldn't address entitlement reform or cut enough spending to address our deficit. We've got problems south of our border that are far worse than they were before because of Eric Holder's 'Fast & Furious' debacle.

Barack Obama doesn't have a clue what he's doing...THAT'S what's destroying the country.

Now maybe some of you idiots on the right can understand why many of us liberals are sick of Obama acting like a Republican...

This is exactly the outcome Republicans..and Conservatives wanted.

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

They working overtime to achieve that.

So far..so good.
PHO-09Oct05-180571.jpg

RAAAARRRRRR!...I AM A-COMING TO EAT YOUR BABBYS! :rolleyes:

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

It's Congress that is failing YOU here.....

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

I posted this over in Economy....anwyay;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...d-no-net-jobs-in-aug-2011-rate-unchanged.html

Q- how does Verizon count in all this? They were not locked out , they went on strike, they get to file for unemployment?

Q- is the 'Stimulus' still saving jobs?

At least they didn't say "unexpectedly", the range the 'experts' predicted (and ADP) was 75,000.....

Employers add no net jobs in Aug.; rate unchanged

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Employers added no net workers last month and the unemployment rate was unchanged, a sign that many were nervous the U.S. economy could be at risk of slipping into another recession.

The Labor Department said Friday that total payrolls were unchanged in August, the weakest report in almost a year. It's the first time since February 1945 that the government has reported a net job change of zero. The unemployment rate stayed at 9.1 percent.

A strike by 45,000 Verizon workers lowered the job totals. Those workers are back on the job.

Job gains in June and July were revised lower, to show 57,000 fewer jobs added. The downward revisions were all in government jobs. The average work week also declined and hourly earnings fell by 3 cents to $23.09.

more at-

News from The Associated Press
__________________http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/183370-employers-add-no-net-jobs-in-aug-2011-rate-unchanged.html

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

well,, lesssse here.. the House has written the bill, the Senate has shelved them. so that's where we are.

And that's it.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

Whether it is the stated goal or not it is the result, there is no denying that at this point.

Are you kidding me? What's going on right now is the result of 2 1/2 years of Barack Obama acting like a progressive. We spent a trillion dollars on a "stimulus" plan that didn't stimulate anything but the Public Sector and that only temporarily. We've got the costs of Obama Care and new EPA regulations looming over the Private Sector like some giant tidal wave. We've got a credit downgrade on our record because the Democrats wouldn't address entitlement reform or cut enough spending to address our deficit. We've got problems south of our border that are far worse than they were before because of Eric Holder's 'Fast & Furious' debacle.

Barack Obama doesn't have a clue what he's doing...THAT'S what's destroying the country.

You wanted a permanent stimulus plan? You wanted the government to spend the amount of the stimulus every two years, indefinitely?

lolol

Everything the House HAS sent to the Senate, Harry Reid has sat on. Everything the House has sent to the Senate Barack Obama has threatened to veto. We could have a balanced budget amendment right now. That was what the House "did". Unfortunately it was blocked by the Democrats. All the Republican majority in the House can do is prevent Obama, Reid and Pelosi from passing destructive legislation like Obama Care. They can't get any of their ideas passed until there is someone new in the White House and Harry Reid is no longer able to hold up their bills in the Senate. THEN you can blame the Republicans for not getting anything done.

well,, lesssse here.. the House has written the bill, the Senate has shelved them. so that's where we are.
yep and that's exactly where we were when the dems were in control of the house...they sent bills to the senate and the senate rejected them via the Republicans filibustering them, and needing a super majority to get anything passed.

they are all a bunch of 3 year olds

Are you today's designated USMB incoherent wingnut poster?

You got caught lying through omission.

Dont cry now!!!!

That would be your way of saying yes, you are todays DIP.

Just admit you can not accept truth and we can move on.

Youre just a party hack that was caught lying by omission.

Why didnt you mention the dem conference call before negotiations began?

because youre a hack.

Did you need kleenex or kotex?

Everything the House HAS sent to the Senate, Harry Reid has sat on. Everything the House has sent to the Senate Barack Obama has threatened to veto. We could have a balanced budget amendment right now. That was what the House "did". Unfortunately it was blocked by the Democrats. All the Republican majority in the House can do is prevent Obama, Reid and Pelosi from passing destructive legislation like Obama Care. They can't get any of their ideas passed until there is someone new in the White House and Harry Reid is no longer able to hold up their bills in the Senate. THEN you can blame the Republicans for not getting anything done.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

No Care, I am sorry, to an extent I disagree.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out, stimulus has failed to jump start the economy- thats what it was sold as and, it has failed.

The housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?

Last edited:
You got caught lying through omission.

Dont cry now!!!!

That would be your way of saying yes, you are todays DIP.

Just admit you can not accept truth and we can move on.

Youre just a party hack that was caught lying by omission.

Why didnt you mention the dem conference call before negotiations began?

because youre a hack.

Did you need kleenex or kotex?

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who is intimidated by internet posters acting like grade schoolers.

You wanted a permanent stimulus plan? You wanted the government to spend the amount of the stimulus every two years, indefinitely?

lolol

No, I was looking for a stimulus plan that actually created real jobs. Instead I got the Democratic stimulus that created temporary jobs in government and temporary jobs in "green energy" industries that have now gone belly up. We wasted a trillion dollars that we had to borrow on that turkey.

You progressives are the ones that seem to be looking for a "permanent stimulus plan". Barack is back looking for what amounts to a "do over" of his last stimulus.

Forum List

Back