Number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded during recession

RW....the post master General pulls in $286,000 i believe....so much for that theory....

Your correct Harry but I don't think he's a GS rated executive...I think he's a GM rated senior executive....which means a different limit on his payscale as compared to a GS-15
well he was saying Federal salaries are capped at what a Congressman makes...

Point taken...he's correct insofar as the GS ratings...but GM's are a whole different ballgame....and their salaries are NOT capped at Congressional pay scale.

Your correct Harry but I don't think he's a GS rated executive...I think he's a GM rated senior executive....which means a different limit on his payscale as compared to a GS-15

Point taken...he's correct insofar as the GS ratings...but GM's are a whole different ballgame....and their salaries are NOT capped at Congressional pay scale.

Patek

Quick yes or no

Are you overpaid?

From the article in the OP

Damn overpaid government employees working for less money than their private sector counterparts!

No one on this board wants to address the average pay for all federal government workers is 71K verus 40K for the private sector. This spells a boom period for government workers while the private sector is at 10% unemployment.

You act like that number is relevant. The pay in government is higher than the general population because government positions requires more education than the average job. Your question is like taking a survey of law school graduates and wondering why they make more on average that the general population.
Really? Most government jobs are pushing paperwork, which equates to the average job in the private sector.

No one on this board wants to address the average pay for all federal government workers is 71K verus 40K for the private sector. This spells a boom period for government workers while the private sector is at 10% unemployment.

You act like that number is relevant. The pay in government is higher than the general population because government positions requires more education than the average job. Your question is like taking a survey of law school graduates and wondering why they make more on average that the general population.

Really? Most government jobs are pushing paperwork, which equates to the average job in the private sector.

28 percent of the general population has at least a bachelor's degree.
41 percent of the federal workforce does.

you always do this polk....try using a link...I know you like people to beg for them so you do post eventually....but just post the links in you posts, it cuts down on bandwidth. :lol:

you always do this polk....try using a link...I know you like people to beg for them so you do post eventually....but just post the links in you posts, it cuts down on bandwidth. :lol:

General population: http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p20-550.pdf
Federal workforce: Federal Job Occupations, Outlook, Education Requirements, and Pay and Benefits.

Patek

Quick yes or no

Are you overpaid?

No...my services aren't cheap...and Uncle Sam made me an offer I couldn't refuse because of my unique talents aquired while serving my country in the Navy for 20 years.....and a BS degree in Marine Engineering helped a little bit too.

Patek

Quick yes or no

Are you overpaid?

No...my services aren't cheap...and Uncle Sam made me an offer I couldn't refuse because of my unique talents aquired while serving my country in the Navy for 20 years.....and a BS degree in Marine Engineering helped a little bit too.

Glad you are still serving our country

Forum List

Back