Number of federal workers earning six-figure salaries has exploded during recession

Great...So, we have middle manager bureaucrats making what congressweasels are making.

I'm soooo unrelieved. :rolleyes:

These aren't middle manager bureaucrats, they are Senior Executive Series (SES) the Government equivalent of CEOs

Compare the multi-million dollar salaries of CEOs to the $170,000 an SES makes

so you're claiming that one federal dept has 1690 CEO equivalents?

please. you can't be that naive.

Great...So, we have middle manager bureaucrats making what congressweasels are making.

These aren't middle manager bureaucrats, they are Senior Executive Series (SES) the Government equivalent of CEOs

Yes

Federal salaries are capped at what a Congressman makes. This is currently $174,000 per year. What this means is high level government senior executives bunch up at the $174,000 level. you have five levels of SES so they all tend to rise to the cap number

Yes

Federal salaries are capped at what a Congressman makes. This is currently $174,000 per year. What this means is high level government senior executives bunch up at the $174,000 level. you have five levels of SES so they all tend to rise to the cap number

tell me, what does CEO stand for?

Good point.

Yes

In practice what this means is that when compared to private companies
A CEO will make $10 million
The next ten lower level executives will make $5 million each
Under those ten, eight of the next level executive will make $2 million each
At the $1 million level you will have hundreds of executives
Note, none of the top executives make as little as $174K

In the government all top five level of executives will be bunched in the $160- $174K range

Yes

In the government all top five level of executives will be bunched in the $160- $174K range

and there's 1700 of them? in transportation alone? over 10,000 in defense?

otay, panky.

Yes

otay, panky.

Sounds like BS to me, and if it's not BS then there is defiantly something rotten in Washington. (I mean other than congress)

Yes

otay, panky.

Keep in mind...DoD has over 700,000 empoyees

In a private company with over 700,000 employees...how many would make over $150K?

Last edited:

otay, panky.

and? how many C-level execs does a badly mismanaged corp like GM have?

i bet it's not 1 for every 70 employees. or 700 for that matter.

Can you tell me what a C Level executive gets paid?

what difference does it make? a C level at a start up may make peanuts and the same position at microsoft pays millions.

why do they need one, according to you, for every 70 employees?

why do you feel the need to justify such blatant waste?

what difference does it make? a C level at a start up may make peanuts and the same position at microsoft pays millions.

Just putting it all in perspective.
No matter which level of management you compare with private companies $150K executive salaries is not that much.
A freak'n chauffer for a CEO will pull in over $150K

No matter which level of management you compare with private companies $150K executive salaries is not that much.

Where do I sign up for that chauffeurs job, I can still do that.

Just because its the “greatest recession since the Great Depression” does not mean that everyone is hurting. Government workers are enjoying a boom time since the democrats took over Congress. The average pay of a federal worker jumped to $71,206, compared with $40,331 in the private sector. The TimesNews reported, via Free Republic:

USA Today is reporting that the number of federal workers making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession’s first 18 months — and that’s doesn’t include overtime pay and bonuses are counted.

Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time — in pay and hiring — during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector. The highest-paid federal employees are doing best of all on salary increases. Defense Department civilian employees earning $150,000 or more increased from 1,868 in December 2007 to 10,100 in June 2009, the most recent figure available.

The trend to six-figure salaries is occurring throughout the federal government, in agencies big and small, high-tech and low-tech. The primary cause: substantial pay raises and new salary rules. The growth in six-figure salaries has pushed the average federal worker’s pay to $71,206, compared with $40,331 in the private sector.

I guess this is what Obama meant by "lifting" up the middle class in this country--LOL. It appears that he meant the middle class that worked for the Federal government--LOL. "Flood the basement economics at it's best."

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.co...now-at-71k-compared-to-40k-in-private-sector/

So for all of us poor tax paying slobs in the private sector--Lets have the Merriest Christmas we possibly can---:lol::lol: Maybe some of us can pick up a couple of other part time jobs to support this government & their workers?

Like this one:

$Santa claus.jpg

Last edited:

and i'm not paying his sorry ass, am i?

dope.

do we know who these people are or what their situation is? or do you engage in idle speculation

The average wage of a federal government worker has soared to $72,000.00--while the average wage of a private sector worker is $40,000.00

19% of Federal Government workers--that means 1 out of every 5 federal government workers make a 6 figure salary.

This is what you get when you elect a bunch of big spending liberal democrats. The very first thing they do is give government workers a huge raise--even during recessions--& this is exactly what Jimmy Carter did also.

How's all that hopey & changey working for ya?

Last edited:
When the recession started, the Transportation Department had only one person earning a salary of $170,000 or more. Eighteen months later, 1,690 employees had salaries above $170,000.

It would be a good point except for the fact that federal salaries are capped at what a Congressman makes. In 2007, Congressmen were making $170,000 so no federal employee could make more than that. When they raised congressional pay, top federal salaries raised also

If you would do your math right winger you would realise that 1 out of 5 government workers--today make a six figure salary.

2007 figures show that a little over 1000 federal government employees made that 6 figure salary compared to 2009--now over 10000 federal government workers.

To add the average working wage for all federal government employees has soared to 71K while the average working wage for citizens working in the private sector is 40K. I guess this is the way Obama lifts up the "middle class"--he meant the middle class that works for the federal government--:lol::lol:

"Flood the basement economics at it's best"

Hey--enjoy it--after all--YOU VOTED FOR IT--:clap2::clap2: You can only hope that there is a federal government job waiting for you when you grow up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back