Nuke power plant safety shuffle.

The difference is between dealing with facts that contradict the Nuke power industry PR and the wishful thinking of nuke toadies, as the chronology of the posts shows. Carry on predictably, Marty boy.

Why would a contigency plan include an unprecedented flood? Plans have to be based on events that are likely to occur, or you basically fill your binder up with useless crap contigency plans for alien attack or al gore coming to blow the plant down with his mighty wind.

Do you even understand the concept of layered defense? Yes a temporary berm broke. The other layers held. Yes there was an electrical fire that shut the pumps down for 90 minutes, the backups were availible. The water was rising so slowly they had plenty of time to figure out options.

I just don't get how you are trying to make this out to be some huge dodged bullet.

You don't even understand the concept of unprcedented events, do ya Marty boy? Bottom line: the Nuke power plant wonks and toadies are consistently assuring everyone that all contingency plans are sound, and all the bases are covered.

Then God and Mother Nature decides to play by a different set of rules, and suddenly all that expertise is either for naught or proven to be frightfully flawed.

Time and again YOU keep making lame ass excuses for a system that had failed, AND BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD was not further inundated by higher flood waters. The "system" lucked out, plain and simple, and all your supposition and conjecture won't change that, Marty boy. You "don't get" that and WON'T get that because it would mean admitting a serious flaw in the religious mantra of how safe nuke plants have been all these years. I expect nothing less or more from the likes of you, Marty boy....Carry on predictably, my little nuke power toadie.

You don't even understand the concept of unprcedented events, do ya Marty boy? Bottom line: the Nuke power plant wonks and toadies are consistently assuring everyone that all contingency plans are sound, and all the bases are covered.
That has also bothered me from the start. Right after I saw "The China Syndrome" literally, 3 Mile Island hit the front page with the core melt down. Went to the movies one night, and woke up to the news on the radio the next morning.

Forum List

Back