Nuke Iran ???

Should the U.S Military neutralize the Iranian nuclear threat ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
I think President Bush should command the military to neutralize the Iranian regime before it becomes a nuclear power. Iran recently tested the Fajr-3 missile which can evade radar. They hav submarines and naval ships which patrol the most lucrative oil shipping lane in the world i.e the Straits of Hormuz. Enrichment of Uranium has alredy begun. Most probabaly Iran would have a 25 kiloton warhead by 2010. Before the Iranian regime screws up an American military base or becomes a major military power it should be NEUTRALIZED. I think all diplomatic efforts hav failed and its upto Uncle Sam to restrain an ambitious Iran. Sure it would giv the U.S Military a bloody nose since Iran has more military might then Iraq. But the U.S could take down the nuclear enrichment plants and other military locations before we are faced with a dangerous nuclear power!!!

AkShay B

No nukes - unless you want to start Armageddon when Israel is attacked from every side but the Mediterranean. The US Navy can handle ANYTHING the Iranian stink-pots can throw at us and punish anything floating with their flag, or anything threatening up to and including 1,000 miles inland.

;)

Nuke their nuclear and military facilities yes. Invade and seize oil fields as war reparations.

theHawk said:
Nuke their nuclear and military facilities yes. Invade and seize oil fields as war reparations.

Did that work next door?

Darwins Friend said:
Did that work next door?

Considering its never been tries how the heck should anyone know whether it works?

I think nuking is alittle over the top though. a military strike to disable all facilities and overthrow that lunatic would be enough. Otherwise we are going to have another world war in a few years. Its amazing that no matter how many times we live through history people seemed doomed to repeat it. the same Appeasers refuse to do anything about Iran just like they refused to do anything about Hitler.

You can neutralize their nuclear threat without using nukes. A well placed tomahawk cruise missile or an F-117 surgical strike could probably do the trick. Help me out Air Force guys, would this work?

doesn't get their attention and take care of the problem then limited theatre nuclear weapons would be called for. Diplomacy only works with rational people. Iran's current leadership is anything but rational.

onthefence said:
You can neutralize their nuclear threat without using nukes. A well placed tomahawk cruise missile or an F-117 surgical strike could probably do the trick. Help me out Air Force guys, would this work?

Definitely. There are many weapons that can be used to "hurt" their progress.

Might not have to even target the facilities themselves.

gop_jeff said:
That's not the course of action we followed next door.

So not having a plan after finishing the air-war against Iraq, what would be the strategy for securing the Iranian’s oil facilities to suckle from, after the initial air-strike on their nuclear operations?

Rico said:
doesn't get their attention and take care of the problem then limited theatre nuclear weapons would be called for. Diplomacy only works with rational people. Iran's current leadership is anything but rational.

Hit em in the old tail pipe...thats what I say! :D

onthefence said:

Of course we 'could' do it without nukes. My point is it would be alot easier and more effective to use bunker busting nukes. Remember though, we also would have to destroy their military, in which case I would say nuke their bases. Secure the oil and stay away from the population (shoot anything that comes near the oil fields) and don't bother trying to take democracy to them. If they want it, let them set it up for themselves.

theHawk said:
Of course we 'could' do it without nukes. My point is it would be alot easier and more effective to use bunker busting nukes. Remember though, we also would have to destroy their military, in which case I would say nuke their bases. Secure the oil and stay away from the population (shoot anything that comes near the oil fields) and don't bother trying to take democracy to them. If they want it, let them set it up for themselves.

Exactly, if we do anything with Iran I hope it's just good old aggressive American tactics. No democracy bullshit, no diplomacy, let's just get in there, blow them the fuck up and get out and let the rest of the world know that we're still the super power and not to fuck with us.

USMCDevilDog said:
Exactly, if we do anything with Iran I hope it's just good old aggressive American tactics. No democracy bullshit, no diplomacy, let's just get in there, blow them the fuck up and get out and let the rest of the world know that we're still the super power and not to fuck with us.

How come one of the options was not---"Let Israel get em" ? They are supposedly our allies. They are armed to the teeth thanks to the US. Let em have at it !!!

Darwins Friend said:
So not having a plan after finishing the air-war against Iraq, what would be the strategy for securing the Iranian’s oil facilities to suckle from, after the initial air-strike on their nuclear operations?

I don't know what the policy would be. I don't work in the Pentagon devising such strategies. But the US isn't "suckling" off the Iraqi oilfields. Otherwise, oil wouldn't be $70/bbl. I imagine that the policy would be somewhat like the current strategy in Iraq: stabilize the country, allow the Iranians to hold free elections, pull out.

I imagine that the policy would be somewhat like the current strategy in Iraq: stabilize the country, allow the Iranians to hold free elections, pull out.

And how's that "stabilize the country' deal working out in Iraq?

If you think the Iraqi’s are a bunch of nut-jobs, wait till we try to go into Iran.

They make Iraq look like a kindergarten - religion wise.

We’ll more-than-likely go in there anyway - for two basic reasons:
a. / The current administrations does not learn from its mistakes.
b. / It was the plan (to control the entire region) all along.

Darwins Friend said:
And how's that "stabilize the country' deal working out in Iraq?

If you think the Iraqi’s are a bunch of nut-jobs, wait till we try to go into Iran.

They make Iraq look like a kindergarten - religion wise.

We’ll more-than-likely go in there anyway - for two basic reasons:
a. / The current administrations does not learn from its mistakes.
b. / It was the plan (to control the entire region) all along.

lol... that's right, we are attempting to control the entire region. That's why the American flag flies high over both Kabul and Baghdad, right?

Oh, wait...

dilloduck said:
How come one of the options was not---"Let Israel get em" ? They are supposedly our allies. They are armed to the teeth thanks to the US. Let em have at it !!!

I dont think we will "let them have at it" I'm pretty sure they'll have at it then announce their plan afterward. Like I've said many other times, they did it to Iraq in '81, they'll do it again I'd assume.

Forum List

Back