Nuke Chief: I'd Resist 'Illegal' Trump Order

Oh bullshit.
This is just the screeching of sore loser unhinged liberals.

no, this is a legitimate concern about someone with a clear mental illness being in the White House.

I'm sorry you are in such clear denial, but let me ask you a question. If you had a co-worker who acted like Trump does, would you say, "Meh, nothing to see here?"

Oh bullshit.

no, this is a legitimate concern about someone with a clear mental illness being in the White House.

I'm sorry you are in such clear denial, but let me ask you a question. If you had a co-worker who acted like Trump does, would you say, "Meh, nothing to see here?"

More butt hurt screeching from liberals...Yawn.

Oh bullshit.

Do you own any weapons Joey?

This is somewhat comforting given that we have a psychopath in the White House.

Spoken like a true psychopath.
The only reason we're having this discussion is because stupid liberals brought it up.

No, the reason we are having this conversation is because of Trump's erratic behavior.

Liberals didn't bring this up with either Bush or Reagan or Nixon.

Wrong, dumnbass. We're having it because snowflakes like you are all deranged. Your hatred of Trump makes you do and say the most absurd things imaginable.

Oh bullshit.

God I hope not!
He's crazy as a shit house rat and there's no telling what he might do.
They should probably add some more security at Republican baseball practices.

Oh bullshit.

There's nothing "legitimate" about it.

iu

Oh bullshit.

God I hope not!
Yeah, there are people who should not have guns! Indeed, in Joey's case, anything larger than a 3" plastic knife should be prohibited.

Oh bullshit.

God I hope not!
Yeah, there are people who should not have guns! Indeed, in Joey's case, anything larger than a 3" plastic knife should be prohibited.

I'm not sure I'd trust him with a spork.

The only reason we're having this discussion is because stupid liberals brought it up.

No, the reason we are having this conversation is because of Trump's erratic behavior.

I guess you weren't around for the Reagan administration. That, or you were already bonkers then.
Reagan just sent a cake and a bible to the Iranians, then went to sleep for several years, and let Oliver North run amuck and then lie to Congress.

Failure to obey an order from the president is automatically a court-martial offense and could lead to prison time.

Well, its prison time or the planet's destruction......Which would YOU choose???

I guess you weren't around for the Reagan administration. That, or you were already bonkers then.
Reagan just sent a cake and a bible to the Iranians, then went to sleep for several years, and let Oliver North run amuck and then lie to Congress.
What, no nuclear war? Damn, we were sure, weren't we?!

“We’re not stupid people,” nuclear commander Gen. John Hyten said at a forum Saturday.

The top nuclear commander in the U.S. said Saturday that he would reject an “illegal” nuclear attack order from President Donald Trump, and would instead steer the commander in chief to other “options.”

“If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail,” Air Force Gen. John Hyten told an audience at the Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia. “You could go to jail for the rest of your life.”

Hyten, the commander of the U.S. Strategic Command who oversees America’s nuclear arsenal, spoke at a forum titled “Nukes: The Fire and the Fury,” as recorded in a video on the event’s Facebook page. He didn’t define what exactly would constitute an illegal launch order. But Hyten said he has been trained for the past 36 years in the law of armed conflict, and mentioned the consideration of such elements as proportional response and unnecessary suffering that would be caused by such a conflagration.

In the event Trump suggests an illegal strike, Hyten described a scenario in which he would present Trump with legal choices.

“I provide advice to the president. He will tell me what to do,” Hyten said. “And if it’s illegal, guess what’s going to happen? I’m going to say, ‘Mr. President, that’s illegal.’ And guess what he’s going to do? He’s going to say, ‘What would be legal?’ And we’ll come up with options... a mix of capabilities to respond to whatever the situation is, and that’s the way it works. It’s not that complicated.”

“I think some people think we’re stupid,” he said. “We’re not stupid people. We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it? What people forget is that this is a military mission and military function.”

In congressional testimony earlier this month, retired Gen. Robert Kehler, who served as the head of Strategic Command from 2011 to 2013, also said that the military is only obligated to follow legal orders.

The forum Saturday included a video that showed scenes of nuclear devastation beneath the song “We’ll Meet Again” ― the same music used at the end of Stanley Kubrick’s 1964 antiwar film “Dr. Strangelove,” which famously ends with a nuclear holocaust. Hyten said he has seen the movie nearly half a dozen times.

More: Top General Says He Would Reject An 'Illegal' Nuclear Strike Order From Trump

Well, that should make some of us a little less nervous - if it's true.

No active-duty officer would dare say this, what the headline suggests.
He could be fired and relieved of command immediately as we speak.
Failure to obey an order from the president is automatically a court-martial offense and could lead to prison time.
This is simply a fake news story about how generals are not going to follow Trump's orders.

Everyone who has been in the military knows you have the option not to follow an unlawful order.
It doesn't mean you can go around telling everyone you won't follow the president's orders. That's grounds for immediate dismissal.
This was simply a twisted hypothetical posed by some paranoid libroid journalist..

Uhh...Gen Hyten is an active duty General.

This is somewhat comforting given that we have a psychopath in the White House.

Spoken like a true psychopath.

Wrong, dumnbass. We're having it because snowflakes like you are all deranged. Your hatred of Trump makes you do and say the most absurd things imaginable.

There is nothing "deranged" about worrying that a deranged person is occupying the presidency. A cursing, tweeting, thin-skinned sexual predator, who said that his avoidance of STDs stateside during the Vietnam "conflict" was the equivalent of military service and preoccupies himself with getting even and alienating all of our allies does not have all of his marbles. I wonder why you find this guy acceptable, and I don't think that you have very good judgment.

Reagan was just a sleeping turd, who let Ollie North run loose and produce the Iran-Contra scandal. And did the Reagan campaign have illegal contacts with the Iranian government before he was elected?

Reagan was just a sleeping turd, who let Ollie North run loose and produce the Iran-Contra scandal. And did the Reagan campaign have illegal contacts with the Iranian government before he was elected?
Illegal contacts? Who cares, Reagan got the hostages released, then proceeded to change America and the world. That he still causes you butthurt today, 30 years on is testament to his success. We can only hope Trump does the same for future incarnations of snowflakes.

Oh bullshit.

God I hope not!

I'm not sure I'd trust him with a spork.
Stole the words right out of my mouth. lol

Illegal contacts? Who cares, Reagan got the hostages released, then proceeded to change America and the world. That he still causes you butthurt today, 30 years on is testament to his success. We can only hope Trump does the same for future incarnations of snowflakes.
Have to call bullshit on this. First, what he did was illegal and you know it. Second, he was not responsible for the freeing of the hostages. You like the whore trump. So be it. But reagan was a sleeping scumbag. Yeah, 30 years later, I remember this trash and his ridiculous wife. His rule was the beginning of the end for the U.S.A.

New Topics

Forum List

Back