Nuke books???

akiboy

Mar 28, 2006
Mumbai
Could anyone please suggest any books themed on modern war,hi tech modern military,nuclear warfare and today's present geopolitics???

I love reading such books. I read Humphrey Hawksley's Third World War and DragonFire..Quite good.

Thanks!!!

Akshay

Could anyone please suggest any books themed on modern war,hi tech modern military,nuclear warfare and today's present geopolitics???

I love reading such books. I read Humphrey Hawksley's Third World War and DragonFire..Quite good.

Thanks!!!

Akshay

Tom Clancy's later books are like that, though the earlier ones are more about the Cold War.

I have heard about Tom Clancy's books but never read them. I have played the game Splinter Cell though which is Tom Clancy's.

Akshay

I have heard about Tom Clancy's books but never read them. I have played the game Splinter Cell though which is Tom Clancy's.

Akshay

Yeah, his books are a bit similar. His debut was "The Hunt for Red October," which is about a Soviet captain named Marco Ramius who is given a prototype silent ballistic submarine, which is silent enough as to be nearly undetectable to passive sonar. He doesn't like the U.S.S.R., and decides that this is the time to defect. To make it more interesting, he sends a letter to the Kremlin just before sailing announcing his intentions. The main character, though, is Jack Ryan, a CIA analyst and the main character of most of the Clancy books. Ryan is a bold and headstrong man who is the only one who sees through the Soviet Union's lies (they tell the U.S. that Ramius plans to attack the U.S.) and helps Ramius defect.

There's even one book (Debt of Honor, I believe) in which Japanese nationalists crash a plane into the Capitol building while Congress is in session, leaving Vice President Jack Ryan in charge of the country, since the President and all of Congress is dead.

Then there's another favorite of mine, The Sum of All Fears, where Jack Ryan has to try to track an Israeli nuke that has fallen into the hands of Islamic terrorists before they can detonate it inside the U.S.

Then there's Patriot Games, a 'prequal' of sorts (it happens 3 years before Red October) where Jack Ryan is vacationing in England when he foils the IRA's assassination attempt on the Prince of Whales, thus drawing the wrath of both the terrorist organization, and the member whose brother he killed.

Then there's Rainbow Six, which is about an international, anti-terroristic special ops group and their attempt to stop environmental terrorists from killing off over 99% of the world's population with weaponized Ebola.

Then there's my personal favorite, Red Storm Rising (it was required reading for all officers stationed in Europe during the Cold War, and portrayed the military forces there so accurately that Tom Clancy was formally questioned to insure that he wasn't guilty of espionage). In Red Storm Rising, Islamic terrorists from Afghanistan sabotage and destroy the entirity of the Siberian oil fields, forcing the Soviets to begin mobilising to take over Europe before their reserves run out.

There's just so many good ones. The guy is awesome.

Yeah, his books are a bit similar. His debut was "The Hunt for Red October," which is about a Soviet captain named Marco Ramius who is given a prototype silent ballistic submarine, which is silent enough as to be nearly undetectable to passive sonar. He doesn't like the U.S.S.R., and decides that this is the time to defect. To make it more interesting, he sends a letter to the Kremlin just before sailing announcing his intentions. The main character, though, is Jack Ryan, a CIA analyst and the main character of most of the Clancy books. Ryan is a bold and headstrong man who is the only one who sees through the Soviet Union's lies (they tell the U.S. that Ramius plans to attack the U.S.) and helps Ramius defect.

There's even one book (Debt of Honor, I believe) in which Japanese nationalists crash a plane into the Capitol building while Congress is in session, leaving Vice President Jack Ryan in charge of the country, since the President and all of Congress is dead.

Then there's another favorite of mine, The Sum of All Fears, where Jack Ryan has to try to track an Israeli nuke that has fallen into the hands of Islamic terrorists before they can detonate it inside the U.S.

Then there's Patriot Games, a 'prequal' of sorts (it happens 3 years before Red October) where Jack Ryan is vacationing in England when he foils the IRA's assassination attempt on the Prince of Whales, thus drawing the wrath of both the terrorist organization, and the member whose brother he killed.

Then there's Rainbow Six, which is about an international, anti-terroristic special ops group and their attempt to stop environmental terrorists from killing off over 99% of the world's population with weaponized Ebola.

Then there's my personal favorite, Red Storm Rising (it was required reading for all officers stationed in Europe during the Cold War, and portrayed the military forces there so accurately that Tom Clancy was formally questioned to insure that he wasn't guilty of espionage). In Red Storm Rising, Islamic terrorists from Afghanistan sabotage and destroy the entirity of the Siberian oil fields, forcing the Soviets to begin mobilising to take over Europe before their reserves run out.

There's just so many good ones. The guy is awesome.

Man , thanks a lot.. I can't wait to read these books...especially Red Storm Rising and The SUm of All Fears!!!

Akshay

New Topics

Forum List

Back