Nuclear Weapons Question

You completely missed what I said. The ORIGINAL 5 nuclear powers tried to keep it all in house but cold war attitudes allowed the spread of the technology to build the bomb. THEY decided who got the bomb in the early stages of proliferation before the NPT. After that it was only a question of time before physicists in other less developed nations nations figured it out...plus take this into account...not everyone in the world is stupid....there are a lot of brilliant scientists from North Korea, Pakistan and other countrys that use their gift to further their country's ambitions.

Last edited:
I personally don't feel we have the right to tell any country they can't have nukes , that includes Iran . I do feel however , that we have every right to blow them up if they're not real careful about where they point the thing .

You completely missed what I said. The ORIGINAL 5 nuclear powers tried to keep it all in house but cold war attitudes allowed the spread of the technology to build the bomb. THEY decided who got the bomb in the early stages of proliferation before the NPT. After that it was only a question of time before physicists in other less developed nations nations figured it out...plus take this into account...not everyone in the world is stupid....there are a lot of brilliant scientists from North Korea, Pakistan and other countrys that use their gift to further their country's ambitions.
That's true, the weapons nations were already armed before the NPT. So was Israel, for that matter, they just didn't sign. And, recognizing the dangers of weapons proliferation, the NPT was developed. I am finding it really hard to see what is bad about a treaty that assists all in keeping proliferation at zero.

That's true, the weapons nations were already armed before the NPT. So was Israel, for that matter, they just didn't sign. And, recognizing the dangers of weapons proliferation, the NPT was developed. I am finding it really hard to see what is bad about a treaty that assists all in keeping proliferation at zero.

We are in agreement....but what do we see happening with NK? What is bad is the toothless UN won't enforce the NPT rules! They had intimate knowledge of the Kahn network that spread bomb technology around the world and stood by and did nothing.

In my opinion the USA gave Israel bomb technology so that another attempt at a "holocaust" would be a phyrric victory for the perpetrator.

We are in agreement....but what do we see happening with NK? What is bad is the toothless UN won't enforce the NPT rules! They had intimate knowledge of the Kahn network that spread bomb technology around the world and stood by and did nothing.

In my opinion the USA gave Israel bomb technology so that another attempt at a "holocaust" would be a phyrric victory for the perpetrator.
IMO, the IAEA takes things seriously, but I am in total agreement that the UNSC - once told by the IAEA should theoretically impose punishment for violations - is utterly feckless.

Last edited:

IMO, the IAEA takes things seriously, but I am in total agreement that the UNSC - once told by the IAEA should theoretically impose punishment for violations - is utterly feckless.

Funny...China....one of the "Big 5"....will veto any resolution against Iran because they get a significant amount of their oil from them.

Funny...China....one of the "Big 5"....will veto any resolution against Iran because they get a significant amount of their oil from them.
Yup. And some actually wonder why we withhold funds from the UN until they reform these inherent systemic faults?

In fact, I need to check into this to see if this administration is working to get our legislative branch to relieve these conditions for funds. Anyone with a conscience should oppose any easing of our demands on the UN.

Forum List

Back