NSW mum charged with trying to drown son

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The 27-year-old, who was released from jail a month ago, turned herself in to Victorian police at Echuca on Thursday after also suffering dog bites.

Police said there had been "a couple of incidents" involving the family since she was released, while the boys' grandmother had feared her daughter was a risk to her sons.

The woman, who is from the NSW town of Deniliquin, appeared in Bendigo Court on Friday afternoon with NSW police extraditing her across the border, where she was charged with the attempted murder of the nine-year-old.

NSW police said further charges would depend on the result of the search for the five-year-old.

Fairfax Media reports the woman appeared via video-link in court where a detective said she'd "made full admissions about her role and told police of her 'intention to kill both children'".

The court also heard she had allegedly told witnesses she "had to drown my babies".
NSW mum charged with trying to drown son

Well, they found the 5 year old. Dead.

He said his client was told she would have to “put up” with her daughter living at her house until alternative arrangements were made.

The daughter then “snatched” the children in the grandmother’s car.

‘I had to drown my babies’

What in the hell were they thinking?

We had a babe here who did that to her 5 kids.

She is in the state prison now in the psych ward.

These mums who were convicted of drowning their babies were mentally unstable and they didn't know what they were doing. Not every woman is mentally fit enough to raise children.

Last edited:
I should have been more clear. Stupid pronouns. The mother should have been given (or told) some place else to live. The authorities knew the mother was mentally ill but told the grandmother she would have to allow the mother to live there (is what I have read and does not make it true). The grandmother had the equivalency of a protective order against the mother but when she was high. So, the authorities knew in advance there was an explosive situation but did not take action OR did not have anything in place to prevent this from occurring.

The UK (United Kingdom Of England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales -- back then) sent so many criminals to Auzzieland that one would expect their gene pool there to be completely contaminated by now.

Forum List

Back