NSA giving info. to DEA to make drug cases?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, there goes that. I stood aside and actually sppted the NSA and its intel collecting machinations under both admins because- Bush, Obama, whomever, we do need to be on our guard and you have to trust someone........

So, I overlooked the sheer length and breath of their reach, I overlooked then, the hundreds of 'mistakes' the NSA IG report found as to intel gathering and collecting/Vetting.....I got annoyed when I heard that NSA operatives had the leash length and ability to actually spy on their spouses, ex-spouses and assorted love interests, dubbed - 'LOVEINT'.

Now, I am pissed. This latest ( IF TRUE) does not conform to the anti terror mandate that drove/drives the NSA mission(s) as prescribed. Imho, its a form of electronic 'Posse Comitatus' violation.

I hate saying something knee jerk and volatile like this agency is "out of control " etc. ( ala IRS etc.) but, it appears there are some deep seated issues regards operational integrity- responsibility/culpability that needs to be dealt with and, I am sorry to say in the open. They have inho, lost trust and we need to see and hear exactly what and how this is being dealt with, no closed door intel select committees, we are past that now.

Holder pressed on U.S. drug agency use of hidden data evidence

WASHINGTON | Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55pm EDT

(Reuters) - Eight Democratic senators and congressmen have asked Attorney General Eric Holder to answer questions about a Reuters report that the National Security Agency supplies the Drug Enforcement Administration with intelligence information used to make non-terrorism cases against American citizens.

The August report revealed that a secretive DEA unit passes the NSA information to agents in the field, including those from the Internal Revenue Service, the FBI and Homeland Security, with instructions to never disclose the original source, even in court. In most cases, the NSA tips involve drugs, money laundering and organized crime, not terrorism.

Five Democrats in the Senate and three senior Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee submitted questions to Holder about the NSA-DEA relationship, joining two prominent Republicans who have expressed concerns. The matter will be discussed during classified briefings scheduled for September, Republican and Democratic aides said.

"These allegations raise serious concerns that gaps in the policy and law are allowing overreach by the federal government's intelligence gathering apparatus," wrote the senators - Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, Ron Wyden of Oregon, Tom Udall of New Mexico, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Sherrod Brown of Ohio.

more at-

Holder pressed on U.S. drug agency use of hidden data evidence | Reuters

Considering it's the government, I'm not surprised.

When my kids were little, before starting school, I'd always tell them, "If you think someone won't see you or hear you, think again. Someone is always watching and listening, regardless of whether you see them or not." Of course, that was that long ago. No cell phones were around then, and satellites weren't used for what they are today.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SHhrZgojY1Q#t=0]The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back