CDZ NSA, CIA, FBI Spying on American Citizens

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Boss, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Meane

Meane Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +97
    And in his campaign Trump promised complete security. What did you think it means? You can't have everything for free. Liberty or security? :eusa_dance:pick, pick, pick.

You knew what you voted for... None sense but you thought you knew. So you gotta face up to it.

2. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,767
    I don't have any idea what you're rambling about. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary but this isn't about my politics. It's also not about liberty and security. It's about the government exploiting the tools they have for fighting foreign enemies to damage domestic political enemies.

You see, some of us think that's seriously wrong and people need to go to prison for it, if it happened. Others don't seem to be bothered by it and actually think it's more important to look at the results. If our government is to the point of power that our 4th Amendment rights no longer exist, we have a constitutional crisis.

Regardless of your politics, this cannot stand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. L Irene

L Irene Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm genuinely not sure how much evidence there is of problematic collusion between Trump and Russia. (I know there were technically-illegal things done, but according to the evidence I've seen, they were at least as illegal as jaywalking, and possibly no moreso.)

But in the abstract, here is a question:
    Suppose hypothetically a candidate for president, who then became president - apparently by legitimate election - had indeed colluded to steal the election with a foreign power. What legal mechanism is in place for finding this out and dealing with it? Is there an amount of evidence that would warrant an investigation of the type we are seeing? If not, then what kind of response would be effective (as in, prevent treason) and safe (as in, keep Niemoeller and like-minded people from spurious investigations of treason)?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. debbiedowner

debbiedowner Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,452
    I don't know how old you are boss but ever since J Edgar Hoover and probably before the American people have been spied upon. I don't much care for it and that's what some of the demonstrations were above back in the 60's.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,767
    I'm 57, and even with the most recent powers given to the government to spy on us, there is a system of jurisprudence and oversight to protect the constitutional rights of American citizens.

As I recall, the protests in the 60s were about "The Man" as libs stood firmly against the establishment and pushed back against government power. It's ironic those same liberals now push for more government power through establishment politics.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. debbiedowner

debbiedowner Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,452
    The protests were just about everything, some just went to get free marijuana, then the Vietnam and Hoover, the man lol you name it someone wanted to protest.

I do agree though we deserve a right to privacy. Yea, I suppose if I had a certain name or from a middle eastern country I might expect someone is spying on me. All these agencies can tap into me anytime they want, now that po's me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs forget....Hell Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +985
    Got to be a Progressive, started out lets not get political and then jumps right into the Trump Russia thing. :bsflag:

8. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,033

How can you say that politics don't matter........it is obvious that obama and the democrats used the intelligence gathering apparatus to spy on not only Trump but now we find out, on Republican politicians......and it also looks like obama used foriegn intelligence services..including the British GCHQ to spy on Trump.......

How is that now relevant?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Set aside your partisanship for minute please- I realize that if you are a Republican you are a corrupt traitor who hates America- but set aside your partisanship for a minute.

LOL- seriously- if you want to get past partisanship- perhaps you shouldn't go partisan in your first sentence?

10. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,767
    I didn't say it's not relevant. It shouldn't matter what your affiliation is. But the left doesn't seem to care as long as it benefits them. As long as it's their people doing the spying, they couldn't care less.