NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Note, I am not surprised some of this has happened ( and will continue to happen) , this thing has become so large and all encompassing, mistakes, honest mistakes are bound to happen, fine.

But, these are a LOT of 'mistakes', I wonder how congress feels getting caught up in one of these 'mistakes'?..and the overstepping of authority? after the first several times(?), speaks to a premeditation or delibracy..........

The NSA knew this audit existed as they were trying to get the Post to change some quotes ex antefacto;

NSA statements to The Post - The Washington Post

ergo; Obama knew this audit existed, what the general findings were.

When he came out Friday for one of his ultra rare press conferences he tried to massage the NSA consternation ( call it a Lois Lerner let me sorta hint at this bombshell now so I can say I did) , which btw fooled few, no one, as even democratic intel committee members cannot remember Obama even once, saying a word to the Intel committees about rethinking, starting a 'discussion', zip. However, Holder, and with alacrity, did secure and re-secure all of the Pat. Act. provisioning necessary to carry out the NSA mission as it stands and has stood when he came on board.

The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008, according to an internal audit and other top-secret documents.

Most of the infractions involve unauthorized surveillance of Americans or foreign intelligence targets in the United States, both of which are restricted by statute and executive order. They range from significant violations of law to typographical errors that resulted in unintended interception of U.S. e-mails and telephone calls.

NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds - The Washington Post

NSA mines data.

I'm sure they have broken it millions of times

The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008

So, what are the odds that anyone is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law? I'll give 1:17 trillion

And what were you folks saying during the Bush administration?

Lemme see if I can remember...

"If you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about".

And the other conservative chesnut:

"The constitution doesn't protect your privacy".

:lol:

The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008

So, what are the odds that anyone is held accountable to the fullest extent of the law? I'll give 1:17 trillion

They are following the law.

SEE: Patriot Act.

:eusa_boohoo:

Can you not fucking read?

It seems you've successfully taken over TM's former spot, Shallow. Jeebus, you're dumb, dude.

Can you not fucking read?

It seems you've successfully taken over TM's former spot, Shallow. Jeebus, you're dumb, dude.

Yes..it wasn't like the NSA and the Bush administration were scouring Airline manifests, Medical and Library records.

Oh wait..they were.

:eusa_whistle:

And your folks in Congress had a chance to repeal this.

They didn't. Oh wait..you don't have any folks in congress, since you don't vote and are an anarchist, right?

:eusa_boohoo: Boo fucking hoo.

Note that this is an internal audit by the NSA, which almost guarantees that it's lowballed and glosses over other transgressions. This is why simply "reforming" the NSA is a pointless endeavor. They don't follow their own rules now, why would they if those rules were more restrictive?

And what were you folks saying during the Bush administration?

Lemme see if I can remember...

"If you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about".

And the other conservative chesnut:

"The constitution doesn't protect your privacy".

:lol:

read my signature dopey.

...bush always was doctor evil, thats a given.:lol: annnnd?

I said 2 months ago at the very beginning I had no issue with the bush machinations on this front, and don't with obama now....UNLIKE you and the rest that beat the shit out of bush for same.

noooooow the merry band of slobbering sycophants:eusa_drool: ( hello shallow, nuttly lucite, plasmawhore, dotblob et al) keep your heads safely up your asses because you don't have the integrity to acknowledge they are, bush vis a vis obama in this area, become one and the same and beat the crap out of him accordingly..................now go wipe your chin:eusa_hand:.

Note, I am not surprised some of this has happened ( and will continue to happen) , this thing has become so large and all encompassing, mistakes, honest mistakes are bound to happen, fine.

But, these are a LOT of 'mistakes', I wonder how congress feels getting caught up in one of these 'mistakes'?..and the overstepping of authority? after the first several times(?), speaks to a premeditation or delibracy..........

The NSA knew this audit existed as they were trying to get the Post to change some quotes ex antefacto;

NSA statements to The Post - The Washington Post

ergo; Obama knew this audit existed, what the general findings were.

When he came out Friday for one of his ultra rare press conferences he tried to massage the NSA consternation ( call it a Lois Lerner let me sorta hint at this bombshell now so I can say I did) , which btw fooled few, no one, as even democratic intel committee members cannot remember Obama even once, saying a word to the Intel committees about rethinking, starting a 'discussion', zip. However, Holder, and with alacrity, did secure and re-secure all of the Pat. Act. provisioning necessary to carry out the NSA mission as it stands and has stood when he came on board.

The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008, according to an internal audit and other top-secret documents.

Most of the infractions involve unauthorized surveillance of Americans or foreign intelligence targets in the United States, both of which are restricted by statute and executive order. They range from significant violations of law to typographical errors that resulted in unintended interception of U.S. e-mails and telephone calls.

NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds - The Washington Post
It's a sad day when a POTUS thinks he's an emperor and can break ties with a national US tradition that saves the man on the street from a tyrant.

And we are shocked by this?

well, :erusa_think: only if its bush :eusa_hand:

Did you see me mention Bush?

just stating the obvious......
grabing%20fruit.gif

ok, so you're not shocked?

why not?

well, :erusa_think: only if its bush :eusa_hand:

grabing%20fruit.gif

why not?

What's the obvious? I am confused.
Has there been another incident where I have tried to defend this by bringing up Bush?

And no I am not shocked by the NSA illegally doing anything. To me all this has been happening illegally or legally since I don't know the beginning of the Cold War if not before.

Last edited:
NSA looks at billions of pieces of data to try to determine if their are anamolies or trends developing

Some of that data is about you and me

grabing%20fruit.gif

why not?

What's the obvious? I am confused.
Has there been another incident where I have tried to defend this by bringing up Bush?

And no I am not shocked by the NSA illegally doing anything. To me all this has been happening illegally or legally since I don't know the beginning of the Cold War if not before.

Oh, I may, have mistook you for one who had taken issue with Bush ala his fisa/wiretap/collection nsa machinations, you never did that?:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back