NRCC Pushes Back Against Steele Over 2010 Pessimism, GOP Operatives Furious

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Source: (NRCC Pushes Back Against Steele Over 2010 Pessimism, GOP Operatives Furious)

Republican operatives are privately furious with RNC Chairman Michael Steele for predicting on Monday night that the GOP will not take over the House of Representatives in 2010.

One strategist called the comment "stupid," arguing that it will put the party in a bind when it comes to candidate recruitment and generally lower expectations and excitement over the 2010 elections. Others, who refused to go on the record, lamented the inevitable follow-up questions that would be asked to Republicans, such as: do you agree with the sentiments of the RNC Chairman

At least Steele realizes America isn't that dumb yet! :lol:

America's problems are evenly divided between the entire Democrat Party and the "leadership" of the Republican Party.

Michael Steele continues to prove over and over again that his talents were better suited to commenting on the political process rather than actually playing a part in crafting them. Nothing like lowering expectations to get out the vote effort in 2010!!, and people wonder why it took more than one ballot to elect the man as head of the RNC?

I have to agree with ya Navy... a lot of people had a lot more hopes about Steele... but much like many baseball prospects, he has just never really panned out

For the newb... As for America being dumb... they fell for the Obama charade... shows how dumb a voting populous can be

Michael Steele, was, by modern conservative standards, a RINO when he got the job, which I pointed out to cons at the time. His attempt to reinvent himself Sarah Palin style hasn't worked out.
He is now just dazed and confused.

Michael Steele, was, by modern conservative standards, a RINO when he got the job, which I pointed out to cons at the time. His attempt to reinvent himself Sarah Palin style hasn't worked out.
He is now just dazed and confused.

um, if we labeled him a rino how did you point that out to us?????????

It would seem that if Mr. Steele wanted to build the party and make it a "big tent party" rather than foster the divisions between those moderates in the party and hard line consevatives, he would look to find common grounds on which all Republicans can form a basis of agreement on and work from that point. It appears that Mr. Steele has spent more time making members of his own party seem not wanted than he has focused on growing the party and including those that just want to be heard and have a platform in which to do it. While not many on here will accuse me of being a liberal there is one thing I think the DNC does very well and that is allowing for members of it's party to be heard, thier problem is when it comes election time , they tend to eat thier young ( no offense) once they have selected a candidate to rally around, which is not a bad thing so much. as opposed to my own party with it's current leadership that has fostered this environment of letting people in the party seperate into opposing camps rather than agree on bedrock principles.

Forum List

Back