NRA Warns of New Firearm Bans.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent."

Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment."

The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole."

There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof."

"Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

Copyright 2008, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes. Link.

Link To President-Elect Obama's Own Written Policy.

Last edited:
I am stocking up now. Our biggest show of the season is this weekend. I have two purchases on my list. Four years from now many rights will be either taken away or close to it. Buy now, stockpile now and hide it all.

SPRINGFIELD, Ill., Nov 13, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ --

The following was released today by the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA):

In yet another example of hostility towards lawful firearm owners, the Obama transition team is weeding out applicants for White House positions who own firearms themselves, or who come from firearm-owning families.

Evidence of the Obama team's distaste for firearm owners may be found as Question 59 of a 63 item questionnaire administered by Obama staffers to all potential applicants for positions in the Obama White House. The question asks for sensitive information about firearms owned by the applicant and his/her family.

"Question 59 provides clear insight into how Obama and his people perceive firearm owners," said ISRA Executive Director Richard Pearson. The questionnaire poses a number of questions asking the applicant to reveal any unethical activities, or embarrassing Internet chats, then wraps up by asking if anyone in the applicant's family owns a firearm. Obviously, Obama feels that owning a firearm is akin to talking dirty in Internet chat rooms. But that should come as no surprise as, while an Illinois State Senator, Obama voted for SB1195 - a provision of which called for gun owners to be registered in the same manner as sex offenders."

"Once again, we have to ask ourselves just what candidate Obama was talking about when he said he has 'respect' for the 2nd Amendment," commented Pearson. "If this latest assault on gun owners is considered a gesture of respect, then either Obama or myself is very confused."

A copy of the questionnaire may be found at
http://www.isra-pvf.com/obamaquestionnaire.pdf

The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Founded in 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.

WEB SITE: Illinois State Rifle Association

SOURCE Illinois State Rifle Association

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={9D659AA0-B4C5-4915-A6EB-687876F44D8B}

I am stocking up now. Our biggest show of the season is this weekend. I have two purchases on my list. Four years from now many rights will be either taken away or close to it. Buy now, stockpile now and hide it all.

I'm with you 100%. Stock up on ammunition too.

Just bought a custom Ruger 10/22 last night for $400.

Looks like this except the stock is blue and black and it has a smaller B-Square scope.

pittsburgh.jpg

Spent my savings for that Remmy R-15 VTR. But I think I still have some time.

That should be a nice shooting gun.

My short list is ........

A new carry gun. I am looking at several and though I am not a avid Glock fan, they do make a .357 which can handle good round numbers and it a very practical gun.

I want to get another long gun and use it for cowboy shooting, so I am looking at the Henry .357 or .44

With that I am looking at the Ruger revolvers - 6 shooters.

And before summer I will be spending some more money with Bushmaster.

I have two long guns and two pistols I am going to sell, to make room for the new ones.

I carry a S&W 908 right now and though I am pleased with the gun, I want a little more punch and a few more rounds.

Enjoy that rifle, your going to get many happy hours in with it.

That should be a nice shooting gun.

My short list is ........

A new carry gun. I am looking at several and though I am not a avid Glock fan, they do make a .357 which can handle good round numbers and it a very practical gun.

I want to get another long gun and use it for cowboy shooting, so I am looking at the Henry .357 or .44

Your the second lever action repeater enthusist today. I've never fired one. I may need to give them a second look.

With that I am looking at the Ruger revolvers - 6 shooters.

And before summer I will be spending some more money with Bushmaster.

I also looked at Bushmaster but decided on the R-15, they are both owned by Cerberus Group and Bushmaster had a hand in the R-15 design.

I have two long guns and two pistols I am going to sell, to make room for the new ones.

I carry a S&W 908 right now and though I am pleased with the gun, I want a little more punch and a few more rounds.

Same problem I have with my Star Arms 9mm.

Enjoy that rifle, your going to get many happy hours in with it.

Thanks.

I'm with you 100%. Stock up on ammunition too.

Just bought a custom Ruger 10/22 last night for $400.

Looks like this except the stock is blue and black and it has a smaller B-Square scope.

pittsburgh.jpg

Spent my savings for that Remmy R-15 VTR. But I think I still have some time.

I hear ya. I picked up a Sig P220 last month and I'm going shopping again tomorrow. Been wanting to update the armory anyway. This is as good an excuse as any.

BTW ... when are they going to ban every tool in my pouch? I could easily assault someone with any of them, to include the pencil.

Morons.

I hear ya. I picked up a Sig P220 last month and I'm going shopping again tomorrow. Been wanting to update the armory anyway. This is as good an excuse as any.

Did you end up getting anything new?

I bought my AR-15 last night. Not the R-15 I was looking at but a DPMS with a free-float hand guard and 16" bull barrel for $700.

9482754.jpg

You'll be happy to know that I bought it from a young Lance-Corporal and he was one squared away Marine. This rifle looks like brand new. He and his roommate were going to the University of Missouri this semester but were being deployed and would not be attending next semester. I was very impressed with them. Young guys, without any supervision (it was just the two of them) had just returned from PT and the LC I purchased the rifle from knew everything there was to know about it. He taught me more than one thing I didn't know.

i want one of them small revolvers....i mean they are like two inches...fire 22 hollow points...running about 200 bucks on the trade market

i think everyone is being just a wee bit paranoid here....how much ammo can you really stock...i think the attack may come on gunpower..that will even cramp the style of reloaders

i want one of them small revolvers....i mean they are like two inches...fire 22 hollow points...running about 200 bucks on the trade market

i think everyone is being just a wee bit paranoid here....how much ammo can you really stock...i think the attack may come on gunpower..that will even cramp the style of reloaders

Like this one:

naa17msc.jpg

North American Arms

Good choice for cheap ammo. I bought 1650 rounds of .22LR for $45 at Wal-mart.

Just keep in mind, this sidearm has zero stopping power. My advise - shoot them in the head.

Last edited:
Like this one:

naa17msc.jpg

North American Arms

that be it...and they do have stopping power with hollow points and i am an old fashioned girl...i shot for the chest..empty and reload...never go for a head shot unless you are right on top of them...stick with the chest....even a 22...will make you hestiate...and you got more shells they are a bitch to reload...i mean a clip is so much easier...i had a 25 that used clips

Good choice for cheap ammo. I bought 1650 rounds of .22LR for $45 at Wal-mart.

cheap ammo is nice...man shotgun shells are pricey

Just keep in mind, this sidearm has zero stopping power. My advise - shoot them in the head.

i will always stay with the chest shot...larger target...plus the damn skull can richot a 22 ..rare but it does happen

thanks for the web sight...one thing i dont like about the trades...everyone knows what everyone else has got....i dont care for that...i prefer it all be a surprise...as in surprise "(fill in the blank) you picked the wrong bitch to mess with...

Did you end up getting anything new?

I bought my AR-15 last night. Not the R-15 I was looking at but a DPMS with a free-float hand guard and 16" bull barrel for $700.

9482754.jpg

You'll be happy to know that I bought it from a young Lance-Corporal and he was one squared away Marine. This rifle looks like brand new. He and his roommate were going to the University of Missouri this semester but were being deployed and would not be attending next semester. I was very impressed with them. Young guys, without any supervision (it was just the two of them) had just returned from PT and the LC I purchased the rifle from knew everything there was to know about it. He taught me more than one thing I didn't know.

Nothing exotic. A S/S Taurus Tracker .44 Magnum w/4" barrel.

A LCpl huh? He BETTER know everything there is to know about that rifle. My cousin's husband bought one a few years back and he was showing off his armory to me. He didn't know how to break it down. I rectified that situation for him in under a minute. Even suprised myself that I could still do it that fast. Like riding a horse ....

i will always stay with the chest shot...larger target...plus the damn skull can richot a 22 ..rare but it does happen

Any bone can deflect a .22. It also depends on what you type of weapon you are firing it from. I'd suggest a .32 ACP or .380. Small caliber, small hangun, but far more lethal than a .22 LR handgun.

Forum List

Back