NRA Threatens Senators Who Support Campaign Finance Disclosure

I figured it out - they don't know when to stop. The NRA is a radical Conservative wingnut organization. Many of my outdoor friends also ended their membership.

Radical because they want to protect YOUR Freedoms... Whatever, nut-job.

Radical for several reasons - including using scare tactics to keep the gun control boogeyman alive for financial reasons. It's even tied into the military industrial complex that Ike warned us about.

How do we know Obama is trying to take our guns? Because he says he isn't...

How do we know what Obama is going to do??

Listen to what he says and believe the OPPOSITE.

Recent history shows that is a very accurate predictive tool.

they did this.

Its fact.

they are not about what they claim to be about.

they are a political right wing tool

What do they claim to be about? How does requiring organizations like the ACLU to turn over a list of all members, volunteers, and donors do anything to protect you?

My experience is that the ACLU and the NRA rarely agree on political issues, yet they agree on this one. That should tell anyone with a brain that there might be more to this than Think Progress is telling you.

ACLU Urges No Vote On DISCLOSE ACT | American Civil Liberties Union

I was a member of the NRA for about 30 years - until they got really crazy and ultra-political.

Did you ever ask yourself why a special interest group (the NRA) needs to fight tooth and nail to protect our citizens Freedoms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment? No... I didn't think so. If you couldn't figure it out in 30 years, I'd say there is no hope for you. By all means feel free to surrender your Constitutional Rights... But keep your filthy hands off of MINE.

I figured it out - they don't know when to stop. The NRA is a radical Conservative wingnut organization. Many of my outdoor friends also ended their membership.

I bet you don't think the ACLU is a radical conservative organization. Can you explain why the ACLU is urging congresscritters to vote no on the DISCLOSE Act?

Radical because they want to protect YOUR Freedoms... Whatever, nut-job.

Radical for several reasons - including using scare tactics to keep the gun control boogeyman alive for financial reasons. It's even tied into the military industrial complex that Ike warned us about.

How do we know Obama is trying to take our guns? Because he says he isn't...

Obama also said he was going to close GITMO, among other things... How did that work out for his integrity, or as a basis not to call him a liar? Not very well.

Did you ever ask yourself why a special interest group (the NRA) needs to fight tooth and nail to protect our citizens Freedoms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment? No... I didn't think so. If you couldn't figure it out in 30 years, I'd say there is no hope for you. By all means feel free to surrender your Constitutional Rights... But keep your filthy hands off of MINE.

I bet you don't think the ACLU is a radical conservative organization. Can you explain why the ACLU is urging congresscritters to vote no on the DISCLOSE Act?

I only agree with about half the shit the ACLU does - but not this if true.

Far from being unconstitutional, this sort of disclosure was explicitly endorsed in Justice Anthony Kennedy’s Citizens United majority opinion as “the less-restrictive alternative to more comprehensive speech regulations.

Clearly the NRA is not motivated by what’s Constitutional.

The following can be attributed to Michael Macleod-Ball, ACLU Chief Legislative and Policy Counsel:

"The ACLU supports the disclosure of large contributions to candidates as long as it does not have a chilling effect on political participation, but the DISCLOSE Act would inflict unnecessary damage to free speech rights and does not include the proper safeguards to protect Americans’ privacy. The bill would severely impact donor anonymity, especially those donors who give to smaller and more controversial organizations.”

More: ACLU Urges No Vote On DISCLOSE ACT | American Civil Liberties Union

I only agree with about half the shit the ACLU does - but not this if true.

I posted a link.

Far from being unconstitutional, this sort of disclosure was explicitly endorsed in Justice Anthony Kennedy’s Citizens United majority opinion as “the less-restrictive alternative to more comprehensive speech regulations.
Clearly the NRA is not motivated by what’s Constitutional.

I am pretty sure the ACLU is, and they opposed DISCLOSE also.

The following can be attributed to Michael Macleod-Ball, ACLU Chief Legislative and Policy Counsel:

"The ACLU supports the disclosure of large contributions to candidates as long as it does not have a chilling effect on political participation, but the DISCLOSE Act would inflict unnecessary damage to free speech rights and does not include the proper safeguards to protect Americans’ privacy. The bill would severely impact donor anonymity, especially those donors who give to smaller and more controversial organizations.”
More: ACLU Urges No Vote On DISCLOSE ACT | American Civil Liberties Union

Do you agree with them, or not?

Tell Me precisely why you wish to have donor information made public.

Tell Me precisely why you wish to have donor information made public.

Because you can't intimidate them if you don't know who they are.........DUH!!!!
I know. Take a look at what the Unions did to that one guy (AIG I think it was) and to his son a few years back.

There is a reason why donations to political things are kept private.

Forum List

Back