NRA: Practice Range Rated 12+ for the following: Frequent/Intense Realistic Vi

Look, I'm all for not having gun control (I prefer regulation). But the NRA is only managing to shoot themselves in the foot.

The NRA's New Shooting Game Is For Ages Four And Up

They released a game that shows you how to work and shoot the gun on the app store. And guess what? On the app store, it is advertised for ages 4 and up.

Dumbasses.

If this is actually an NRA-sanctioned release, and not sumpin' put out by some outfit surreptitiously trying to undermine the NRA...

then, yeah... it's yet another example of the NRA being run by absolutely tune-deaf dumb motherfuckers...

Tell us what's wrong with the Game Nitroz.

Can you have sex with, then kill a Hooker?

Can you buy Drugs?

Can you commit crimes?

Calm down, stop being afraid of your own shadow and tell us exactly what's wrong with the game.

iTunes rated it suitable for all ages 4 and up...not the NRA.
The “NRA: Practice Range” app seeks to provide “one-touch access to NRA network of news, laws, facts, knowledge safety tips, education materials and online resources.”

The app, among other things, instructs shooters to always “use only the correct ammunition for your gun” and “never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.”
The 3D shooting game included in the app lets users take aim in a virtual gun range.

The game is not violent and does not involve the shooting of human targets — a change of pace from many video games released these days. Because it contains “no objectionable material,” iTunes lists the app as appropriate for everyone over 4-years-old.

Here?s the NRA ?Practice Range? App That You?re Going to Want to Download | TheBlaze.com

Last edited:
How iTunes ratings are issued:

When you go to submit your app through iTunes Connect, one of the steps takes you to a ratings matrix that you must fill out. This contains 10 questions listed under “Apple Content Descriptions.” For each of the 10 questions you must say “None”, “Infrequent/Mild”, or “Frequent/Intense.”

Depending on what answer you give for each of these, the rating of your app in the upper right corner will change. These ratings go from “4+” to “9+” to “12+” to “17+” to “No Rating.”

Techcrunch.com iTunes ratings system

Outrage as NRA releases shooting game app for children as young as four - with targets in the shape of COFFINS

As the nation debates gun control just one month after the Sandy Hook shootings, the NRA has launched a target practice shooting app, which it recommends for children from four years old.

NRA: Practice Range is described as 'new mobile nerve center' providing access to 'the NRA network of news, laws, facts, knowledge, safety tips, educational materials and online resources.' But the main focus is on the shooting game, where users take aim at coffin-shaped targets, complete with red bullseyes at head- and heart-level. Players can also upgrade to a more powerful weapon by paying $0.99

This is the same advocacy lobbying group that expended all that energy blaming gun massacres on ... wait for it.... violent video games. :uhoh3:

iTunes rated it suitable for all ages 4 and up...not the NRA.
The “NRA: Practice Range” app seeks to provide “one-touch access to NRA network of news, laws, facts, knowledge safety tips, education materials and online resources.”

The app, among other things, instructs shooters to always “use only the correct ammunition for your gun” and “never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.”
The 3D shooting game included in the app lets users take aim in a virtual gun range.

The game is not violent and does not involve the shooting of human targets — a change of pace from many video games released these days.

Because it contains “no objectionable material,” iTunes lists the app as appropriate for everyone over 4-years-old.

Here?s the NRA ?Practice Range? App That You?re Going to Want to Download | TheBlaze.com
[/quote]

How iTunes ratings are issued:When you go to submit your app through iTunes Connect, one of the steps takes you to a ratings matrix that you must fill out. This contains 10 questions listed under “Apple Content Descriptions.” For each of the 10 questions you must say “None”, “Infrequent/Mild”, or “Frequent/Intense.”

Depending on what answer you give for each of these, the rating of your app in the upper right corner will change. These ratings go from “4+” to “9+” to “12+” to “17+” to “No Rating.”

Techcrunch.com iTunes ratings system

I say we attack the parent union of colt manufacturing the make of the ar15 and forbid them from making contributions to President Obama.

I believe you meant to say.... faux outrage.

If you libtards were really outraged about guns you would do something about the fact that your most dedicated demographic is the REAL gun murder problem in America.

LOL

Maybe they don't want children to grow up being totally afraid of gun owners. With the zero tolerance in schools, kids are being taught to panic if someone says the word "gun", draws a picture of a gun or even poses their hand like it's a gun. A kid was in big trouble for drawing a picture of a gun in art class. Another little child is in hot water for talking about a bubble gun. They are being taught that any mention or thought of a gun is a serious offense and that they should fear all people with guns. It's a matter of time before children have nightmares about their neighbors, who might be hunters. It's all designed to create an atmosphere of fear and teach them that there should be no guns anywhere, save for the president's security.

I grew up with toy guns, including an air rifle and squirt guns. I've never harmed anyone and can't imagine ever doing so unless I was in mortal danger. I believe that is the case with the vast majority, yet we are being vilified because we believe we have a right to own guns.

Now, the left is acting as if any sport or game that involves guns is the equivalent of dancing on the graves of the murdered children. They are getting a lot of mileage out of this by using this tragedy for their political gain. That is far more creepy than video games. I doubt people can create and manufacture games that quick. Most are in the planning stages for a long time, so I have doubts that these games were invented since the shootings.

It's unreal that some are going to insist that honest, law abiding citizens are somehow responsible for the handful of insane people who do terrible things. It's even creepier that they don't want us to be able to defend ourselves against these evil beings.

Last edited:
Outrage as NRA releases shooting game app for children as young as four - with targets in the shape of COFFINS

As the nation debates gun control just one month after the Sandy Hook shootings, the NRA has launched a target practice shooting app, which it recommends for children from four years old.

NRA: Practice Range is described as 'new mobile nerve center' providing access to 'the NRA network of news, laws, facts, knowledge, safety tips, educational materials and online resources.' But the main focus is on the shooting game, where users take aim at coffin-shaped targets, complete with red bullseyes at head- and heart-level. Players can also upgrade to a more powerful weapon by paying $0.99

This is the same advocacy lobbying group that expended all that energy blaming gun massacres on ... wait for it.... violent video games. :uhoh3:

I don't know they can get away with marketing a game like that to children.

No video game is "violent" in itself. You can't shoot something with a pixel. The violence is in the fantasy.

It's just the irony here that the NRA puts this out (and apparently even rushed it) barely a month after Newtown. The timing is a head-scratcher.

Plus, for them to rail about how gun violence is to be blamed on violent video games ....and yet then come out with this... is a double-edged irony.

I believe I had gun safety training from the NRA when I was 9 or 10.

The gun murder problem in America isn't the cause of NRA members.

How many gang bangers you figure had gun safety training?

Last edited:

I believe I had gun safety training from the NRA when I was 9 or 10.

The gun murder problem in America isn't the cause of NRA members.

Same here at 12. I had to pass the course to get my hunting license.

They just want to make the point that dead children mean nothing to them. Rub the dead children's parents' noses in their own pain.

Sadly, many gun nuts like this approach. The Westboro types think there's nothing wrong with this. Most of America disagrees. Most of America wants our kids to be safe and most of us hurt with and for those parents of the dead children.

Forum List

Back