NRA post debate ad released...

Sure there is...you ask them to prove that they are residents. That is your responsibility under the law...out you, the seller fail to do so and sell a firearm to a Mexican, you have broken the law, and so have they.

Let me reminds you of your original assertion that the NRA helped make out LEGAL so sell Arizona rifles to Mexican drug lords.

That is 100% false.

No matter how hard you try, you cannot make that statement true.

It is illegal for an individual to sell an Arizona rifle to a Mexican national.
No background check is required in Arizona thanks to the NRA.

Governor defends Arizona law on gun show sales - The Verde Independent - Cottonwood, Arizona

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer is defending Arizona laws that allow the sale of firearms at gun shows without a background check and forbid cities from imposing such requirements.

Have you given up on selling to Mexicans legally, cuz that's what we were discussing Ed.
Without a required background check how exactly do you know if they are Mexican American or Mexican national????

No background check is required in Arizona thanks to the NRA.

Governor defends Arizona law on gun show sales - The Verde Independent - Cottonwood, Arizona

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer is defending Arizona laws that allow the sale of firearms at gun shows without a background check and forbid cities from imposing such requirements.

Have you given up on selling to Mexicans legally, cuz that's what we were discussing Ed.
Without a required background check how exactly do you know if they are Mexican American or Mexican national????

I've answered this at least three times, you ask them for ID. If they hand you el coche license de Mehico, I'd say odds are good they ain't from Bisbee.

I've answered this at least three times, you ask them for ID. If they hand you el coche license de Mehico, I'd say odds are good they ain't from Bisbee.
In Arizona you are not required to ask.

You're just making this up as you go along now.

It is your responsibility as the seller to determine that you are making a legal transfer...therefore you ARE required to ascertain the residency of the buyer...they MUST be a resident of YOUR STATE.

IF YOU SELL A FIREARM WITHOUT POSITIVELY ASCERTAINING THE RESIDENCY OF THE BUYER, YOU HAVE COMMITTED A FELONY!

Can I possibly make that any more clear?

You're just making this up as you go along now.

It is your responsibility as the seller to determine that you are making a legal transfer...therefore you ARE required to ascertain the residency of the buyer...they MUST be a resident of YOUR STATE.

IF YOU SELL A FIREARM WITHOUT POSITIVELY ASCERTAINING THE RESIDENCY OF THE BUYER, YOU HAVE COMMITTED A FELONY!

Can I possibly make that any more clear?
There is no background check required in Arizona thanks to the NRA. Where you live is part of your background.

It is the NRA who made it LEGAL for American gun runners to sell multiple ARs to Mexican drug lords!!!!

I call bullshit.
You can't handle the truth.

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal - Fortune Features

Irony abounds when it comes to the Fast and Furious scandal. But the ultimate irony is this: Republicans who support the National Rifle Association and its attempts to weaken gun laws are lambasting ATF agents for not seizing enough weapons—ones that, in this case, prosecutors deemed to be legal.

The investigation begins
The ATF is a bureau of judgment calls. Drug enforcement agents can confiscate cocaine and arrest anyone in possession of it. But ATF agents must distinguish constitutionally protected legal guns from illegal ones, with the NRA and other Second Amendment activists watching for missteps.

Critics have depicted the ATF as "jackbooted government thugs" trampling on the rights of law-abiding gun owners. From the deadly standoff with the Branch Davidian*cult in Waco, Texas, in 1993 to allegations that ATF agents illegally seized weapons from suspected straw purchasers at a Richmond *gun show in 2005, these scandals have helped cement the bureau's reputation in some quarters for law-enforcement overreach.

snip/

In a meeting on Jan. 5, 2010, Emory Hurley, the assistant U.S. Attorney in Phoenix overseeing the Fast and Furious case, told the agents they lacked probable cause for arrests, according to ATF records. Hurley's judgment reflected accepted policy at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Arizona. "[P]urchasing multiple long guns in Arizona is lawful," Patrick Cunningham, the U.S. Attorney's then–criminal chief in Arizona would later write. "Transferring them to another is lawful and even sale or barter of the guns to another is lawful

Ed, you can cling to that Fortune article all you want to, but it's been thoroughly debunked for months. It's nothing more than a propaganda piece that has been disproved by sworn testimony and e-mails obtained by Issa's committee.

The law for handguns does not apply to rifles!!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...1/06/18/20110618arizona-gun-laws-roberts.html

That's because in Arizona, you can buy as many assault weapons as you want. And while gun dealers are required by federal law to report multiple handgun sales, you can buy an arsenal of Uzis and there is no requirement that law enforcement be notified.

Which is perhaps why the cartels consider Arizona the shopping center of choice for all their war-weaponry needs.

Read the law Ed...no matter how much you want it to be otherwise, the federal statute covers ALL firearms.

It is ILLEGAL to sell, trade, gift, or barter ANY firearm to any person not a citizen of your state.

I gave you the link, and here it is in black and white, for the second time.

(a) It shall be unlawful—

(5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides

Meaning ANY Individual who sells, trades, gifts, transports or delivers ANY FIREARM purchased in Arizona to and Mexican national...they have committed a felony...end of discussion.
In arizona you can buy a gun at a gun show with no background check, so "I didn't know" is perfectly valid in Arizona. Furthermore there are plenty of Mexican Americans in Arizona, so how is a private citizen to know if someone is a Mexican American or a Mexican national when no background check is required.

Thanks to the NRA, the guns that killed Brian Terry were bought and sold perfectly legally.

Wrong Ed, the guns that killed Brian Terry were made available to his killers directly through the actions of ATF. Agents of the ATF told the gunshop owners to allow the sales, even though they KNEW the sales were going through a straw purchaser.

You really should get up to speed on this subject before you embarrass yourself even further.

Beer is not designed to kill.

Weak...your goal is to save lives, remember.

Designed or not, the result is death.

I thought you were serious, evidently not.

that old NRA bullshit doesn't fly for people who are just a little less gullible.

More deflection fail.

Sorry, thanks for playing, but wait, as a consolation prize, we're sending you home with "Deflection: The Home Game"...congratulations.

deflectionsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back