NRA opposes Fla move to raise age for rifles to 21, the same age for other firearms.

I'm an NRA member and have been for DECADES .. I own more guns than most people have IQ points - I dont own an assault rifle and several 40 round clips because I DONT NEED ONE - and theres not an 18 year old kid on the planet that "NEEDS" one for anything other than slaughtering people .. anyone thats 18 and wants an assault rifle to carry around and look bad ass then go join the Marines and BE BAD ASS. They can hook you up with as many rags as you can handle.

The End

Not true... No 18 yr old wants to see the spring calves EATEN by varmints.. semi auto with fair size clip is the right tool for that job.. ALSO handy for long wilderness hike..

It's a useless change in the law that will accomplish nothing. It's security theater and nothing more.
You're right there, Bro!
What we need is Federal laws that bring some sanity to the scene, as Australia has done.

Australia's gun deaths went down but murders by other weapons increased by the same amount.No one ever cites THOSE statistics.

Where there is a will to kill there's a way.

I think it is a good idea that those under the age of 18 should have some sort of parent undersign their purchase and maybe even parental supervision, but tell me, if no one under 21 can legally buy a gun, how will kids 17.5 years of age enlist into the Army where they will have guns up to the teeth?

Apparently, you have never been in the military. If the military requires you to carry a gun as part of your duties, you will be trained in the proper use and cleaning of the weapon in question, as well as will have it ISSUED TO YOU. No purchase required.

And, you can enlist in the Delayed Entry Program at age 17, but you cannot ship off to boot camp until AFTER your 18th birthday.

I'm an NRA member and have been for DECADES .. I own more guns than most people have IQ points - I dont own an assault rifle and several 40 round clips because I DONT NEED ONE - and theres not an 18 year old kid on the planet that "NEEDS" one for anything other than slaughtering people .. anyone thats 18 and wants an assault rifle to carry around and look bad ass then go join the Marines and BE BAD ASS. They can hook you up with as many rags as you can handle.

The End
So, I'm calling you a liar, and I'll do so right to your face unless you provide Me the proof that you have a license to carry a full automatic weapon.

Because that is what an assault rifle is. Any semi-auto rifle is NOT an assault rifle, including the AR-15.

The End

An AR 15 isn't an assault rifle. A semi has nothing to do with slaughtering people. I have a Mosin Nagant semi. I'm in bear, coyote, cougar and wolf country.

Last edited:

The End

Thank you for being an NRA member, a gun owner, and a reasonable person Siete.

I served 20 years in the military, and on one tour of duty was required to carry a weapon (9mm) in the performance of my duties as a member of the Security Force. We carried 2 clips of 10 rounds each on our belts, and 10 rounds in the weapon we had holstered. Nobody carried more than 30 rounds on patrol, and we were guarding the military base.

If you want to have an AR-15, go right ahead, as long as you have one of the original ones that only had 5 rounds in the clip. I might even go as high as 10 rounds per clip, but no more.

The only time you need to throw 30 rounds or more downrange before reloading is if you are in a firefight.

I hate this! One maniac kills kids because the government didn't do what they're supposed to so millions of people lose rights? I'm not liking this. Sad day in America. Sad.

Not one media outlet is pushing for FBI, FL DCF, or Broward County Sheriff reform. None of the kids are, either.

When I was 18, (not right when I turned 18) but a few days after I registered for the draft, I walked into the pawn shop and walked out with a rifle I could afford (after the proper paperwork). It's looking like future 18-year olds in America will not have that freedom, and that really makes me sad for some reason. :(

Not only is the blame not placed where it should be, but Americans lose rights as well.

The root cause of mass shootings is the removal of God from the schools, and lack of discipline.

The government failed to protect citizens in this instance, yet no one is blaming those who dropped the ball? Why not?

A gun is just a tool. We pay government very good money to keep us safe, then they fail to do their job and expect us to give up our rights?

No, I'm not going to ever like that bullshit. Why should everybody else have to pay for what a maniac and the government agents (multiple levels) that should have controlled him and failed did?

Last edited:

The End

An AR 15 isn't an assault rifle.

Hell darling -- let them focus on ARs.. I like the nice wooden gloss on my SKS. They don't need to know how scary that pretty rifle can be...

PS --- babysitting it for a friend in Cali who didn't want it to be confiscated... He's got a problem now with getting it back.. :19:

It's a useless change in the law that will accomplish nothing. It's security theater and nothing more.
You're right there, Bro!
What we need is Federal laws that bring some sanity to the scene, as Australia has done.

Australia's gun deaths went down but murders by other weapons increased by the same amount.No one ever cites THOSE statistics.

Like to see how "other weapons" kills 17 in that amount of time.

I think it is a good idea that those under the age of 18 should have some sort of parent undersign their purchase and maybe even parental supervision, but tell me, if no one under 21 can legally buy a gun, how will kids 17.5 years of age enlist into the Army where they will have guns up to the teeth?

Apparently, you have never been in the military. If the military requires you to carry a gun as part of your duties, you will be trained in the proper use and cleaning of the weapon in question, as well as will have it ISSUED TO YOU. No purchase required.

And, you can enlist in the Delayed Entry Program at age 17, but you cannot ship off to boot camp until AFTER your 18th birthday.

I guess you don't read or comprehend too well. Please try harder. HOW OR WHERE did I ever say otherwise or that a kid had to buy his own gun for in the service? And the age to sign up with parental consent is 17.5 years regardless of whenever you enter.

The End

An AR 15 isn't an assault rifle.

Hell darling -- let them focus on ARs.. I like the nice wooden gloss on my SKS. They don't need to know how scary that pretty rifle can be...

PS --- babysitting it for a friend in Cali who didn't want it to be confiscated... He's got a problem now with getting it back.. :19:

I do love pretty rifles. Next up a Henry Golden Boy for my birthday.

:)

Agreed. Offer to accept so long as the voting age is raised along with it, and watch that proposal die a quick death.
Agreed. Also don't forget; besides not voting; these kids will have every right to refuse to sign up for selective service, also known as "the draft".

You're right there, Bro!

Like to see how "other weapons" kills 17 in that amount of time.
So, you want a total gun ban in the U.S.?

then so what ?

if thats what it takes and doesnt make a shit either way, then change the law and make "whoever" happy and quit fighting over nothing.

sheeeeeesh

It doesn't address the problem. It makes you feel good though.

Forum List

Back