NRA Never Again

You highlighted the wrong part. The problem for your argument is that they're not part of the "Army of the United States". That's only the case when the units have been activated in to federal service. They're still under state control otherwise. The article you posted was about a bill that, even if passed (not sure it did, article doesn't say), would expand the ability of the President to call Guard units into federal service, not make them permanently activated.

Nope I highlighted the correct part. There is no state guard, it's national run by the federal government.

You highlighted the wrong part. The problem for your argument is that they're not part of the "Army of the United States". That's only the case when the units have been activated in to federal service. They're still under state control otherwise. The article you posted was about a bill that, even if passed (not sure it did, article doesn't say), would expand the ability of the President to call Guard units into federal service, not make them permanently activated.

Nope I highlighted the correct part. There is no state guard, it's national run by the federal government.

Except that's not true.

“Army National Guard” means that part of the organized militia of the several States and Territories, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia, active and inactive, that

32 USC § 101

Except that's not true.

“Army National Guard” means that part of the organized militia of the several States and Territories, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia, active and inactive, that

32 USC § 101

Governors Oppose Federal Control of Guard

Governors lose in power struggle over National Guard – Tenth Amendment Center

It's so cute when gun owners act like they are an oppressed underclass.
Hec, they might as well join in onto the band wagon with the rest of the classes who are just as cute/funny also.. Why should they be left out ?

Now, about that old lady who couldn't possibly have defended herself and should be disarmed "for her own good"...92-year-old Verona man shoots intruder at home | NKY.com | cincinnati.com

92-year-old Verona man shoots intruder at home

The number of killings nationally of a felon during the commission of a felony by private citizens has increased in recent years, from 196 in 2005 to 278 in 2010, acording to FBI Uniform Crime Report statistics.

Two high-profile cases of justifiable homicide took place regionally in recent years.

In January, an 84-year-old Hamilton man shot and killed an elderly intruder at his home in the 2700 block of Hilda Avenue and was not charged. In March 2007, a Covington man fatally shot an intruder whom he said was beating him in his home at 3:30 a.m. and was not charged, either.

He is not happy that police took the rifle used in the shooting.

“How am I going to protect myself if they come back looking for revenge?” he said.

Was I scared? Was I mad? Hell, no,” Jones said. “It was simple. That man was going to take my life. He was hunting me. I was protecting myself.”

Now, about that old lady who couldn't possibly have defended herself and should be disarmed "for her own good"...92-year-old Verona man shoots intruder at home | NKY.com | cincinnati.com

92-year-old Verona man shoots intruder at home

The number of killings nationally of a felon during the commission of a felony by private citizens has increased in recent years, from 196 in 2005 to 278 in 2010, acording to FBI Uniform Crime Report statistics.

Two high-profile cases of justifiable homicide took place regionally in recent years.

In January, an 84-year-old Hamilton man shot and killed an elderly intruder at his home in the 2700 block of Hilda Avenue and was not charged. In March 2007, a Covington man fatally shot an intruder whom he said was beating him in his home at 3:30 a.m. and was not charged, either.

He is not happy that police took the rifle used in the shooting.

“How am I going to protect myself if they come back looking for revenge?” he said.

Was I scared? Was I mad? Hell, no,” Jones said. “It was simple. That man was going to take my life. He was hunting me. I was protecting myself.”

I found your comments a great reminder at how many the left have jailed for simply defending themselves.

Who says the government will never take your guns? It's happen before but I refuse to allow it to happen to me.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, local authorities in New Orleans set out to confiscate all firearms in the region. By doing so they created "gun free zones" where only criminals & law enforcement were armed. These officials seemed oblivious to the principle that, "gun laws only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens". Criminals don't obey the law. Criminals take advantage of situations where people are unable to defend themselves.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]8X9JkSudCX4[/MEDIA] Never Again - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Hey reb, we can just rely on the cops..................:eusa_shhh:

The police commissioner, Raymond W. Kelly, confirmed on Saturday that all nine were wounded by police bullets,
from what I see during the riots blacks are better armed today

so next time it will be a real bloodbath on both sides

Who says the government will never take your guns? It's happen before but I refuse to allow it to happen to me.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, local authorities in New Orleans set out to confiscate all firearms in the region. By doing so they created "gun free zones" where only criminals & law enforcement were armed. These officials seemed oblivious to the principle that, "gun laws only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens". Criminals don't obey the law. Criminals take advantage of situations where people are unable to defend themselves.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]8X9JkSudCX4[/MEDIA] Never Again - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]
Thier was a national guard troop made up of mostly Mormons....they refused to confiscate anyone's guns ..disobeyed direct orders

And why should you never allow the government to take your guns away?

NEW ORLEANS (KABC) -- Five former New Orleans police officers were sentenced Wednesday for participating in and/or covering up a civilian shooting incident that took place in 2005. The officers were convicted by a federal jury in 2011 of civil rights violations and covering up the shootings.

Police fired on at least seven unarmed civilians on the Danziger Bridge in New Orleans in 2005 in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Six were struck: Two died and four were severely injured.

Prosecutors allege that on Sept. 4, 2005, a rental truck full of police officers drove to the Danziger Bridge. Officers exited and began firing at the civilians. One officer fired an AK-47. Another used a shotgun, and a third used an M-4 assault rifle. The officers then conspired to justify the shootings by planting a gun, fabricating witnesses and falsifying reports.

New Orleans officers sentenced for shooting unarmed civilians, cover-up | abc7.com

Even though the pigs were convicted, it does no good to the unarmed citizens they murdered.
I can't get this link to open

And why should you never allow the government to take your guns away?

NEW ORLEANS (KABC) -- Five former New Orleans police officers were sentenced Wednesday for participating in and/or covering up a civilian shooting incident that took place in 2005. The officers were convicted by a federal jury in 2011 of civil rights violations and covering up the shootings.

Police fired on at least seven unarmed civilians on the Danziger Bridge in New Orleans in 2005 in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Six were struck: Two died and four were severely injured.

Prosecutors allege that on Sept. 4, 2005, a rental truck full of police officers drove to the Danziger Bridge. Officers exited and began firing at the civilians. One officer fired an AK-47. Another used a shotgun, and a third used an M-4 assault rifle. The officers then conspired to justify the shootings by planting a gun, fabricating witnesses and falsifying reports.

New Orleans officers sentenced for shooting unarmed civilians, cover-up | abc7.com

Even though the pigs were convicted, it does no good to the unarmed citizens they murdered.
I can't get this link to open
It's an old very very old thread

Forum List

Back